PDA

View Full Version : DaBoss at DaBar?

kjun12
May 4th, 2012, 08:35
Boss, did you make it to your bar this weekend? How did it feel if you did? How are you feeling in general terms?

Neal
May 4th, 2012, 09:37
Thanks for asking and if anyone else wants to know.
I made it to the bar one day last week, can't remember when. I was there for 2 hours but started to go down after 1 1/2 hrs. I made it there a few nights later to pay the c**t her "key money (landlady heroin addict) for the year and lasted about 20 minutes. I may try again tonight. I have not tried th e beach for a few hours because I don't have the scooter, my wheelchair boy and I have just decided it is to freaking hot!! I am getting a new sit down scooter next month unless anyone knows of one good one for sale? I have come back to the board full time as of last week. Thanks for asking

Khor tose
May 4th, 2012, 12:54
Sounds like good news. You are being smart and taking it easy. Sorry about your scooter, but glad you are getting a new one.

May 4th, 2012, 14:57
just for my own info - you mentioned "key money" there Neal - what is that exactly as I've noticed it referred to in several adverts I've read of late for property in Thailand ......is it just simply "the rent" or is it something more as I tend to see "rent = xxx baht per month and key money is xxxx ( or there is no key money required ?) And I don't mean for your bar speficially there of course, I just mean what does the term mean " in general"?

Neal
May 4th, 2012, 15:27
Key money is what I refer refer to as ripoff money.

In an apartment or business it means that he/or she owns the place or leases it from the owner and as your landlord they want XXX amount of money just to let you have the KEY. Has nothing to do with the rent, just allows you the privledge of renting the place. Grand eh?

You should carefully read your contracts especially if they are in Thai get them translated. So lets say you rent a place for 3 - 10 years whatever. If you have KEY MONEY, you better check if it is ONE time or every year!!

Our KEY money is due every year and we also pay rent every month so again that is why I call rip-off money! :banghead:

May 4th, 2012, 15:43
I see - and yes absolutely rip off money by the sounds if it ! Thank you for the reply.