View Full Version : Daytime activities?

joe552
April 30th, 2012, 01:03
Inspired somewhat by Jetsam's post on Dongtan beach, what activities do others get up to during daylight hours in Pattaya? :dontknow:

(I know there will be some who never see daylight - you know who you are).

colmx
April 30th, 2012, 01:47
/me Whistles Nonchanantly!

BF and I are not beach people... So on the occasion that we make it out of the apartment during sunlight hours... most our activity for us centres around visiting the Cinema...Or shopping malls... Or going for a drive someplace by car/mororbike (Floating village, Na Jomtien, Sattahip, Silver lake etc)

joe552
April 30th, 2012, 01:52
colm, I'm sure you meant "rare occasion" :occasion9:

not a fan of Thai cinema (only been once though) and can't drive. Did once hire a motorbike and my friend took us to a beach town about 1 hour from Pattaya (can't remember the name) but it had a really wide beach. Great restaurant I remember.

April 30th, 2012, 03:04
When i'm there..somtimes the beach....jomtian..dongtan...pattaya..and if we want to get away from the crowds ..get on a ferry
to one of them islands and motorcycle to one of the beaches
some times go round the shops or cinema..last 2 films we seen in pattaya were hangover 2 and The Twilight saga..really cheep compared to uk cinemas.
somtimes go to a local sight

joe552
April 30th, 2012, 03:15
agreed a day out at Koh Larn can be good - I got really sunburned on my first visit there, but wouldn't put me off going back.

April 30th, 2012, 04:30
Yes its nice..i did'nt know it was there... till my bf took me

christianpfc
April 30th, 2012, 04:32
That's a major problem for me, to fill the day with some usefull activity. In addition, my plans are often thwarted by my Thai friend's unreliability (I learned the hard way, if you want someone's company for the next day, to depart the hotel at 12 together, you have to keep him over night!) and the fact that many tourist attractions (at least some places in Bangkok) close as early as 15:30, so there is no chance to get there.

My trip reports might give some inspiration for places to visit when based in Pattaya.

RonanTheBarbarian
April 30th, 2012, 05:18
Indeed they would Christian.
In fact i would suggets to anybody who is interested that they do a search for Christian's trip reports on Pattaya if they are looking for ideas.

That reminds me, I think we are awaiting an update on Christian's activities in Pattaya - you havent given us the trip report from the Pattaya leg of your Christmas trip yet, have you, Christian?

All i will add is that the Sanctuary of Truth is worh a visit...although it is damn expensive.

joe552
April 30th, 2012, 21:01
Ronan, how expensive is the Sanctuary of Truth? It's always been on my list, but I never seem to make it.

Neal
April 30th, 2012, 23:04
Sometimes I would take the boys to Major Shopping Center and go to the second floor and go bowling. Get one of their prepaid cards for really good discounts! Believe or not they have a lot of good food and lots of beer and spirits to start the day off right.

christianpfc
May 1st, 2012, 01:48
Entry to the Sanctuary of Truth starts from 500 Baht, the same for Thai and Farang. You can add swimming with dolphins, elephant trekking, a boat ride on the sea and other activities, then the price rises.

I wrote about my trip here: http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2940&start=0

joe552
May 1st, 2012, 02:39
thanks christian - I had missed your original post, or because my trip was so far away when you posted I wasn'ted really thinking about it. Remains to be seen if I can drag myself away from my favourite daytime activity - a few beers at the Pattaya Beer Garden - great views of Pattaya Bay - very friendly (female) staff, I just love it. But there's always a part of me that says I should be doing more. Then I think, fuck it, I'm on holidays. :party

May 1st, 2012, 03:14
He he funny Joe - normally I just usually think " I should be doing more fucking, I'm on holday" lol

joe552
May 1st, 2012, 03:26
well, that just shows the difference in quality between the sex tourist (you) and the quality tourist (me). :occasion9:

May 1st, 2012, 03:57
well, that just shows the difference in quality between the sex tourist (you) and the quality tourist (me). :occasion9:

I resemble that remark !! lol

May 1st, 2012, 05:59
Yes i like going to the pattaya beer garden....good service and good value