PDA

View Full Version : Lover Boys (?) bar - any info?

anonone
April 29th, 2012, 06:47
Daylight now breaking across the land of smiles, and I am wide awake. :banghead:

For some reason, I just remembered something I wanted to ask about. In the taxi on the way to my Pattaya Guesthouse, passed a bar called Lover Boys (I think). I think it was on South Pattaya Road (same road as TukCom), but pretty far out. Maybe by Third Road?

Based on the name, I would think a gay place but strange to have not heard of it so close to Day Night etc.. I think I saw some Thai Bois hanging around outside the place, but wouldn't swear to it. Passed it pretty quick.

Just curious if falang friendly and worth a trip out there, or maybe strictly a Thai-for-Thai place?

Hmmmm . Now checking the Internet.... According to Wikipedia:
Loverboy (prostitution), a young man who lures ....girls into prostitution

Maybe someplace I do not want to check out...?

Anyone know anything about this place?

Neal
April 29th, 2012, 08:19
Some of those near Tuk Com are gay freindly but they are Karaokee bars with oys catering to girls, guys and anyone who walks in. It sounds like it is right close to JJ Karaokee which I have been into where the policy is the same and I have been inside and even offed boys.

anonone
April 29th, 2012, 08:57
Sounds right Neal.

I still couldn't sleep so went for a run and went that way to check it out. It is down by Pattaya City Resort and is a karaoke place. Pretty rough looking exterior in the daylight.

It certainly looked more like a Sunee host bar to me when I drove by at night. Perhaps just wishful thinking....

I don't think I will stop in for a visit.

painai2
April 29th, 2012, 09:31
It is a very late night place (1-6am). I went by the other day (at 3 am on the way to the airport), I saw a group of males/females sitting at tables outside.

colmx
April 29th, 2012, 20:15
If my Radar is right - thats the old Jenny karaoke premises... right next to the coirner of Soi Korpai and Pattaya Tai (south Pattaya road)

Its a few doors down from Si Saket "restaurant" - which draws a large late night gay crowd... and around the corner from Lucky 7s late night food shop on Soi Korpai which also draws a lot of teh boys from luckky 7, Toyboys and Cupidol after hours

There are probably 10 karaoke places along that stretch (including full man and Chai Karaoke)

Not all are gay specific - but are all very welcoming of gay custom from my experience
Most places only get goinbg after 1AM (or later)when the barsa and clubs close...