PDA

View Full Version : more websites like Roomorama

vnman
April 25th, 2012, 08:23
I'm looking for websites/agents like Roomorama that specialize in short term rentals. This December, I want to rent a private, min 2 bedroom apartment/house for two weeks. With "private," I mean no hotel apartment with a front desk that 's keeping score. It's for Christmas and New year, so inevitably, there are going to be a few parties. I'm thinking 20.000 THB per week max. Anywhere near a BTS station in central Bangkok is acceptable, but Surawong and Silom is preferred.

Here's a link to the website: https://roomorama.com/

I found 1 or 2 option on via them but nothing that makes me go WOW, perfect. The ones that seemed perfect to me have a month or more minimum :-(

Also, if there are people that have experience in rentals like this, I would love to hear some stories, good or bad.

I'll be in BKK in June and would have some time to visit a potential rental. Any leads are welcome.

pong
April 26th, 2012, 17:34
for TH there are such sites like mrroomfinder or (mainly in THai) thee or tee-pak (=place to stay), find more tips+links on the subforum of TV=Thaivisa.
I think there are not many options in the area between Silom/Suriwong, but around Satorn (depends on your age and mental set if you consider that too far or not) there should be plenty-upmarket.
what you actual want are called serviced apartments- you can rent by the day/week./month and most is included. The normal aprtmt rentals have minimum set times-6 month or more, want deposits and charge separate for water+electrics, most do not do cleaning etc.
Most post these general Qs here as they think it should be ''gayfriendly'' once again thats nonsense- there are hardly any non gayfr. places-and visitors should be OK in such places. Thus simply go to the general sites like tripadvisor and the like-reviews are always contradicting, but the more of them give you a better feel as just 1 or 2 reamrks from someone you do not know at all on a site like this either.

vnman
April 27th, 2012, 19:06
Tnx for your input Pong,

It was indeed hard to find something in the area that I desired. However, my friend and I have agreed on upping our budget with an extra 20.000 and expanding our search to Bangkok central, near BTS. There are some really nice properties for rent and I've even decided not to sleep in a hotel when I come alone (3-5 days) in June. The prices for a one bedroom are very reasonable and the amenities far superior of what hotels in the same price ranges offer.

I still haven't found a 2 bedroom apt. There are many offered but most didn't have 2 double beds. So, I'm pretty much still looking.

mrroomfinder, that you suggested, only has monthly rentals.

I did place an add on TV

Sooty
April 28th, 2012, 17:57
Try http://www.airbnb.co.uk/

vnman
April 29th, 2012, 07:03
tnx Sooty,

Same idea as Roomorama but not as crazy with commissions.