PDA

View Full Version : BKK Trip Report?

SlaveDriver
April 23rd, 2012, 07:50
Hi Guys

Anyone have been to BKK recently?

Share your experience and any useful information that may help travellers?

vnman
April 23rd, 2012, 12:16
Are you planning on going? if yes, when?

martin911
April 23rd, 2012, 13:04
Short trip report (11 odd hours )

I went up late last nite- 11pm (an ex phil bf is spending a few weeks of his Uni hols with me in sin city ,so i decided a little more effort required last nite) -went to DJ (busy)-
God was also busy last nite -it finished 5ish --then a few of us went to Swing (packed by 5.30 ) --but its never a very pleasant crowd there INMHO--

Can be a few rows here and there as the morning goes on --and after the first little scuffle my little demon bf decided it was time to go home -(all the way to Ptta --) so we checked out at 8 from where we were staying and was back at 10 am more than slightly worse for wear 55

Short visit -- same same (kar dae is closed -refurb i believe )

Might not be the trip report the Op had intended ( ? ) -but there you go !!

atri1666
April 23rd, 2012, 23:57
Are you planning on going? if yes, when?

Yes. Soon will stay 2 weeks in Bangkok in june. My only and may be last stay in LOS for long time. Next trips will only stay in Malaysia and Singapore and Sri Lanka.

April 24th, 2012, 01:01
Hi

Going back to bkk for 5 days in may ..then on to Isaan 2 weeks and last week in Pattaya

some people i spoke to dont like bkk..but i enjoyed it last time i went

joe552
April 24th, 2012, 04:54
Slavedriver, I'm surprised you missed a447's recent report on BKK. :dontknow:

vnman
April 24th, 2012, 14:01
I asked "when" because I'm going early June and would be willing to write a quick report of my experiences, hotel, clubs, saunas...sorry, not sharing my boys :-)

I think the accuracy of such a report is greatly depended on the first night. I just read a report (not sure who wrote it) and the guy seemed to suffer from the same first night craziness of which I suffer. The main symptoms are spending way to much money in relation to memories retained. Anyway, I planned well ahead so I might make it this time. :alc:

then a few of us went to Swing (packed by 5.30 ) --but its never a very pleasant crowd there INMHO--
!

Never heard of Swing, I definitively Google that. Could you elaborate on why the crowed isn't pleasant?

a447
April 24th, 2012, 14:56
vnman wrote:
I just read a report (not sure who wrote it) and the guy seemed to suffer from the same first night craziness of which I suffer.

Ummm....that might be me.

April 24th, 2012, 15:06
vnman wrote:
I just read a report (not sure who wrote it) and the guy seemed to suffer from the same first night craziness of which I suffer.

Ummm....that might be me.

I'd put money on it :sign5:

I think a lot of us do that - on arrival after a long and tiring journey, you get a "second wind" and just go mad!

:hello2:

martin911
April 24th, 2012, 15:36
Vnman -- The crowd in swing comprises mainly of drunken farang men and the equally drunken lady "friends" that they have picked up for the nite + a lot of "ladies " who are still looking for a guy at 6 in the morning !!- --and they can be little competitive for said drunken farang

The place is very small (no bigger than T&T was ) --it fills up at 5 am (wont be a sinner in it at 4.30 ) when the equally obnoxious Spicy club starts to close up (directly opp Swing ) so having all that mix in a small space leads to some unpleasantness from time to time :argue:

In the past there was usually a few gay guys (ex god etc )in the place but now its pretty all straights

I would not recommend it as a place to go (Kar dae as a late nite club is a much better place to go to !!)
--i was only there last sun nite because i was too weak to say no to my Ex bf and current bf who did want to go!! ! - i wont be giving in again so easily 55

vnman
April 24th, 2012, 20:02
Straight...Ouch... well there's the reason I've never heard of the place.

I've only been to a straight club ones in Thailand, and it felt like testosterone city. If this place is anything like that...yuk.

Tnx for elaborating.