PDA

View Full Version : Up-date On DaBoss's Condition

Neal
April 17th, 2012, 19:06
I would like to thank Gay Button for helping me with some technical issues on the software and rushing me to the hospital again the other day. He has been a great help.

Here'S THE UPDATE.
The majority of the time I am very ill dizzy etc. I try to keep both eyes closed but sometimes I open one for a while and can concentrate and look at email and the board. Most of the time, not. Today I asked the Dr about how much more time til I recover. She said everyone is different and some cases last a week and some cases can last about six months. But at least there is an improvement from the first day So there we have it.

April 17th, 2012, 20:15
Well, as you say, maybe small steps but a welcome improvement.

Lying in bed with both eyes closed, you know how the boys feel!

Best wishes for continued recovery.

:love4:

Khor tose
April 17th, 2012, 20:43
Well, as you say, maybe small steps but a welcome improvement.
Lying in bed with both eyes closed, you know how the boys feel!
:love4:

That was really funny. :sign5:

DaBoss, I repeat what I said earlier. Take it easy, rest and relaxation is important in any recovery. I am really glad you are getting better, but maybe you should think of what happened as a warning, and just slow down a bit.

Wesley
April 18th, 2012, 03:11
you must be one tough dude there Fred, you scared all the Boogie men away, a person can actually post here without being an asshole. what a remarkable happy 2 accomplishments, 1.staying alive and 2. scaring off all the boogie men that use to run the board. not talking about the moderators. Those guys who made life impossible for anyone to post if you didn't kiss their ring first.

travelerjim
April 18th, 2012, 07:46
DaBoss...

as clearly stated above:

"DaBoss, I repeat what I said earlier. Take it easy, rest and relaxation is important in any recovery.
I am really glad you are getting better, but maybe you should think of what happened as a warning,
and just slow down a bit."

My sentiments exactly!

But, frankly DaBoss... I do not think you are listening...
I hope I am wrong...but ???

tj

kjun12
April 19th, 2012, 09:13
Amen to that Jim. What DaBoss needs is rest so his body can heal. Are you listening Mr. DaBoss. We want you well and shakin again.

Neal
April 19th, 2012, 20:16
I'm a listenen!

zinzone
April 21st, 2012, 10:24
If DaBoss is up to it and able, maybe when convenient he can assist others by telling us what he considers has caused his current condition? Is it heriditary? is it his life style or weight?
What tips can he recommend so that others can try to avoid what he has endured(?)
Thanks.

danny99
April 23rd, 2012, 13:43
assist others by telling us what he considers has caused his current condition? Is it heriditary? is it his life style or weight?
what tips can he recommend so that others can try to avoid what he has endured(?) Thanks.

This case may be different but I have known many people who have suffered strokes. The first question I have always asked afterwards has been 'what was your cholesterol?' Invariably it has been 8. 9 . 10 or even 11. I think that is 350-450 in that other scale?

Having watched my mother go through countless number of strokes, big ones and small ones, over a 20 year period, slowly reducing right side movement till completely bed ridden, I never wanted to go that way!

So when I went for a medical [big joke I thought] at 50 before returning to playing competition squash, I was horrified to discover that I was 8.6 chol [about 350] and blood pressure 190/118. In fact I was a walking disaster just waiting for it to happen. Now 20 + years later and having been around 3.5 chol [140] b/p over 70 for past 15 years [with very low medication [5gm Simvastin and 50mg betablocker] plus a constant high soluble fibre diet] I can look back and be thankful for that medical and my following action. These days I can even enjoy my cheese [every day] eggs, bacon and even the occasional foie gras, with zero change in stats.

As I said this case may be totally different but I am constantly amazed at the thousands who put themselves at risk, when it is so easy to reduce the odds.

Impulse
April 24th, 2012, 10:21
Diet and excersise are important, staying away from fats and sugars. Maybe staying away from bois also,as the herpes virus is being linked to strokes.

anonone
April 24th, 2012, 12:06
Diet and excersise are important, staying away from fats and sugars. Maybe staying away from bois also,as the herpes virus is being linked to strokes.

Will that make you live longer, or will it just seem longer :sign5:

I do without the fats and sugars, but I am keeping the bois

April 24th, 2012, 15:29
Not that I'm referring specifically to DaBoss, but I do believe cigarettes, booze, and stress/depression might be significant risk factors - all of which have historically been disproportionately prevalent within the so-called "gay community"

Khor tose
April 24th, 2012, 17:47
Not that I'm referring specifically to DaBoss, but I do believe cigarettes, booze, and stress/depression might be significant risk factors - all of which have historically been disproportionately prevalent within the so-called "gay community"

I've been gay all my life and never had any of those problems. Just look at my happy face.

[attachment=0:2wj7e672]mad magazine.jpg[/attachment:2wj7e672]

April 24th, 2012, 18:00
Yes, but your Mad and happy face, together with your clean-living lifestyle is the exception that proves the rule, Khor Tose

danny99
April 24th, 2012, 19:37
Diet and excersise are important, staying away from fats and sugars.

Steady and regular aerobic excercise [such as golf] is always recommended unlike anaerobic [stop/start as in squash, tennis, etc] but the main secret with cholesterol is not so much what you eat but what you do NOT eat. High soluble fibre [gets rid of excess choleseterol]; real, not commercial, oat bran in natural form or even in bread is no.1, rye bread is good and wholemeal.multigrain OK...but one slice of oat bran is equal to about 2 to 5 of the others...forget white it is almost nowhere [5-6 slices of high quality bread a day, each and every, is considered the minimum]...lentils, all beans, corn, all are high and excellent, but every day as lifestyle not once in a while. Keep up the high SOLUBLE fibre then you can eat almost anything else as well, once your count is down! I know as I have done it!

April 25th, 2012, 00:45
With that diet, you'd be so busy farting, belching, and shitting all day, you wouldn't have time to suffer a stroke.

Impulse
April 25th, 2012, 05:24
Steady and regular aerobic excercise [such as golf] is always recommended unlike anaerobic [stop/start as in squash, tennis, etc]
Tennis is more aerobic than golf! Golf is a joke, specially if one uses a cart.