PDA

View Full Version : Two things I learned this Songkran

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2012, 07:04
1.) Apparently, nearly everyone in the city knows I'm gay. And I was alone, not with Kim, but nonetheless loads of people seem to know I like Thai guys, not girls. Got loads of comments from total strangers like, "ohhh, farang! chowp (like) Thai boy!", with a big smile. Lots of obviously gay guys would run up, and give me a big hug. And it's not because I'm feminine, because most people just assume I like women, and are usually shocked to find out I'm gay. Same goes for tuk-tuks. I can hop in almost any tuk-tuk in the city, tell them I'm going home, and they'll know exactly where I mean. Just that was quite the realization, but finding out loads of people in the city know I'm gay, was a bit of shock. It's not a bad thing, because nobody seems to care in the slightest, but still. I know Thai people like to gossip and all, but never knew it was that widespread.

2.) Second thing I learned, was MY GOD are there ever alot of absolutely gorgeous Thai guys out there. I mean, I always knew there was, but just never really paid any attention. But wow, this place has to have one of the highest per-capita rates of absolutely gorgeous guys. And the best part is, they absolutely love it when you soak them with water. :-)

April 15th, 2012, 16:05
Well I certainly Concur with you on your second point Matt, ive never been for songkran before and was a little apprehensive as to whether I'd actually like it or not but quite simply I absolutely loved it here in bkk !! ( and still am:-)

I love everything from of course the hot hot guys wearing next to nothing in soi 4, all soaked to the skin and having to the the gauntlet of their wandering hands lol, but also just the pure innocence and that songkran seems to generate in absolutely everyone from the youngest child to the oldest senior citizen, everybody having fun and laughing and GENUINELY wishing you well for the new year with either what appear to be almost loving placing of paint on your face to playful squirts of water with a sheepish playful ( and sometimes evil lol) smile.

I'm absolutely loving it and am
So looking forward to round two in pattaya next week - and I don't know if it's songkran or what but I do know that my "hit rate" has been off the scale for the trip ( and I usually do ok anyway lol) and I've literally been both turning guys away on one hand and also slipping ones out of one door of my hotel and other friends come in another lol - and as always the wonderful staff in tartawan have been excellent in assisting with the same with just a knowing smile and a wink lol :-))