PDA

View Full Version : Old posts being revived

lonelywombat
April 14th, 2012, 18:10
At the bottom of the pages are references to old posts. For new members it is probably natural to explore these

I would suggest these old posts be removed and these posts will discontinue.

Rob33
April 14th, 2012, 18:56
LW this is exactly how it happens.

I was asked on the "Ugly American" thread why I posted there, however the question was immediately followed by a locking of the thread??? So not sure how I was meant to answer. :dontknow:

The posts appear at the bottom of a thread as "related posts" it seems they are I think for the most part all extremely old posts but if you don't read the dates you wont know this as was the case when I posted. That is one just assumes they are current with a related topic, as you read you add your thoughts. Simple.

I thought those were all active members, but now I look at the dates I have no idea as a new member who is still alive on these threads.

They are interesting reading some of them and do in fact offer I suppose some kind of background to various issues that have come up.

Is there a problem with older threads being revived if they are topical?

christianpfc
April 14th, 2012, 19:49
I would suggest these old posts be removed and these posts will discontinue.
I completely DISagree about removing old posts. I found some interesting old posts in the "RELATED TOPICS" area. However I think there is no value in resurrecting these, so maybe topics with last post older than a year can be locked.

Neal
April 14th, 2012, 20:03
Older threads are nice to read but not nice if after a year someone tries to revive them. We are watching and will not allow them to be reserected and ask newbies not to. It would be so involved to go so far back and lock threads. Oh my God, I cant keep up with the posts let alone locking threads for many years!

Wesley
April 17th, 2012, 07:15
had no idea it was an issue. sorry there Boss!

anonone
April 17th, 2012, 07:48
I agree with Christian. For those of us that have recently joined the fun, some of the old posts are a worthwhile read. I understand da boss not wanting replies to them, but deleting them or not showing them at the bottom would be a mistake.