PDA

View Full Version : Boy Pick You Up at the airport

April 11th, 2012, 20:50
Im just wondering is it normal for your bar boy to wait or even pick u up at the airport with their car?

joe552
April 12th, 2012, 01:06
never happened to me, but one special boy travelled to the airport with me when I was leaving.

francois
April 12th, 2012, 01:12
The BF could not even find the airport even with a map. Maybe a GPS?

April 12th, 2012, 01:13
francois tell your bf to look for where the big metal birds hit the floor .. who knows he might be able to find it then !!

April 12th, 2012, 04:38
My Thai bf came all the way with me from isaan on the bus to bkk to see me off at the airport then bused it all way back to isaan...thats what i call being loyal..love him to bits

gaymandenmark
April 12th, 2012, 05:49
my ex-bf from BKK, always picked me up at the airport, 3 times with wellcome flowers, but he was not a bar boy and had no car.

1PR4BKK
April 12th, 2012, 05:51
Well, I am not sure about "bar boys' but a couple of guys I met online picked me up in their cars, on separate occasions of course, when I arrived in BKK. The last time I was there I was met at the airport by a very special guy, whom I met online, and he made sure to take me back to the after my travels throughout the country was completed. We have all remained in contact with each other and I look forward to being picked up again at the airport in a few weeks by that same special guy, at his insistence.

anonone
April 12th, 2012, 05:53
Never had the BF meet me at the airport. Afraid he would get up to mischief if the flight was delayed. Some decent eye candy employed by Thai Airways :love4:

I do remember seeing an advertisement somewhere for a taxi pickup service for a trip to Pattaya from the airport....and they bring along a gogo boy for company on your ride.

Wonder if anyone actually has done this. I thought the advertisement mentioned Krazy Dragon, but wouldn't swear to it.

lukylok
April 12th, 2012, 13:29
My BS always welcome me with flowers when I arrive in Chiang Mai.
Counting down : 76 days !

pong
April 12th, 2012, 17:26
no, never-and I always prevented it by not telling day/flight nr either (in the days when I went with/dated a guy working as travel-agent). In fact a proposal like that would make me very suspect- a clever way to hide his desire to protect you from any strangers?
I also do not really like them to wave me off-there is not that much to wave, the ride to airprot (even more to old DMK) is pretty boring and it is about always a hidden begging for more bid.
To above: maps in general make no sense to any Thai-how many times do we have to tell you that? Some farang never ever learn-even if told 12345 times! But they can read the signs on buses, or tell songhtaew driver or ask buslady for stop for ''sanam bin'', nah?

a447
April 12th, 2012, 18:19
Kelly wrote:
Im just wondering is it normal for your bar boy to wait or even pick u up at the airport with their car?

Ih he were your bf, I think that would be great. But if he is just a previous boy you have offed from a bar, he is probably just there to pick you up before you hit the bar scene and find a different boy.

I once let a boy accompany me to the airport by taxi. I couldn't work out why he wanted to come with me. As I had some spare baht left over, I gave it to him before I said goodbye. Then it became clear.

And after returning home I read on the internet that it is a common ploy of the boys, so as to pick up some extra money, as my boy did.

Once bitten, twice shy.

April 12th, 2012, 19:40
no..he's not my BF..but he is definitely my bar boyfriend....he picked me up everytime im in town with his own car....im just wondering whether this is a norm with other bar boys or an exception...i do think bar boys dont usually like to show of the "luxuries" that they have especially car or expensive phones.....

a447
April 12th, 2012, 20:09
kelly wrote:
i do think bar boys dont usually like to show of the "luxuries" that they have especially car or expensive phones.....

Yes, I think you are correct here, as it was also confirmed last night by my regular guy. I asked him where the gold chain was that he bought with my off money back in January. He told me the boss said if he wears it in the bar or shows that he has an iPhone etc, customers will think he doesn't need the money and will off someone else. I told him I don't think farangs work that way.

francois
April 12th, 2012, 20:11
To above: maps in general make no sense to any Thai-how many times do we have to tell you that? Some farang never ever learn-even if told 12345 times! But they can read the signs on buses, or tell songhtaew driver or ask buslady for stop for ''sanam bin'', nah?

Pong, if you are referring to me, you or no one needs to tell me about Thais reading maps. I learned that years ago. But a GPS would be a good idea I believe.

francois
April 12th, 2012, 20:17
Kelly, I would like the BF to pick me up but, it is almost as cheap to hire a car/driver since they use gas, not gasoline, which is less expensive. But it would be a big plus if the BF did know his way to the airport from Pattaya in case my driver did not show up. Even though I have made this trip many times I doubt if I could find my way since I am sitting in the back seat and not attentive to the signs, etc.
Besides it would be uncomfortable with my luggage sitting on the back of his motorbike. 55555

jimnbkk
April 12th, 2012, 23:35
The last two times I've left Thailand my boy special accompanied me to Bangkok. My flight leaves at the ungodly hour of 06:00 in the morning so I have to get up at an even more ungodly hour to make it to the airport at the 'early-enough' hour of about 04:30. I don't let him come to the airport because once there, I'm in a line to get my bag checked and then in another line going through immigration, and neither of these allow non-ticketholders to accompany me. So, I kiss him goodbye at the lodge, and he sleeps until he feels like getting up and going! And, I've had his company for one last night.

April 12th, 2012, 23:50
PONG do you txt your boyfriend to tell him what time and date to meet him at the airport ???
no wonder he never shows up at said time .. if youre txting is anything like what you scribble on here .

joe552
April 13th, 2012, 03:01
I presume if you boyfriend was picking you up from the airport you'd have to pay the bar fine for that? :dontknow:

martin911
April 13th, 2012, 07:11
Yes my current squeeze met me at the airport earlier this year -- it was his idea --as he had never never been out to the airport he wanted to have a look at it -- No major hassles re meeting ,i had told him to meet me at Door no 4 at arrivals -but he went to the carpark side --a quick call sorted it and off we went into the nite >
-And he was quite impressed with it too -- mind you Swampy at nite is a pretty impressive building --

I thought it was kinda sweet --but he hasn't mentioned doing it again -- no need really --

BonTong
April 13th, 2012, 09:05
Many years ago this guy came to meet me at the airport. He was late and drunk, saying he'd not slept all night as he was so excited. The big shock was, once in the Taxi he presented me with a real gold ring! Totally unexpected.

I still have the ring, but since that time I've paid for it through the nose many times over........ :8(

piston10
April 14th, 2012, 04:28
On my first visit to Thailand I saw quite a lot of a boy from Twilight, Ae. He was petite, intelligent, witty and looked after me very well - very protective. I don't remember now how it came about, but a mate of his, Barak, joined in the relationship somewhere along the line. He had much more of the scheming bar boy in him. On the night before I left Bangkok he made a big thing about how dangerous it was for me to go alone in a taxi to the airport and proposed Ae and he should come with me. Ae knew what he was up to and protected me by a hilarious, parody account of what would happen. "Yes, we ride airport with you, we eat in restaurant, we have last f---k in toilets, flowers, money, tears, more money, wave goodbye, throw kisses to plane when it leaves....". By the end he was rolling on the bed with uncontrolled laughter. He had protected me from what he knew I wouldn't want. After the ridiculous send-up of what the occasion would be like, Barak dared not mention the idea again. And no confrontation!

christianpfc
April 14th, 2012, 19:06
I am not so close to any of my Thai friends that pick up at the airport is appropriate. There was one occasion where a friend insisted on picking me up, I couldn't find him anywhere at the airport, I couldn't reach him by phone, but then he was waiting in front of my hotel when I arrived there. (Still holds the record for getting laid fast: about 2 hours from the moment the plane touched ground.)

Anyway, after travelling up to 24 hours (approx. 12 hours flight + stopover + trip from home to airport + waiting at the airport) I am not in my best shape, so I rather recover alone from that on the taxi drive to hotel and in the hotel.