PDA

View Full Version : jomtien accomodation

gedykaie
April 11th, 2012, 02:48
Hi guys,can anyone reccommend some good accomodation in joimtien am goin out for four weeks in oct/nov reasonably priced

donald1
April 11th, 2012, 09:58
Hi Guy,
I have stayed at the Orchid Guesthouse in Jomtiem and found it quite accommodating with a small yet refreshing pool for after
beach dip. It only has 4 rooms so not much "gay" action but if you like quiet, clean and with pool would recommend. Its a 5 minute walk off the main street.
Last trip I stayed 2 weeks at Ganymede and was quite happy with the rooms. Along with the price of the room you get
free entrance to the Sauna downstairs. Its right in the heart of Jomtiem Complex, so can be quite fun sitting on the
front chairs watching it all go by.

April 11th, 2012, 10:01
IDD.....but when booking, ask for the "lift-building". 4 weeks in a building without a lift may become a pain.
Furthermore, very nice rooms with fridge, lcd-tv, free wifi, nice bathroom, (balcony) and new aircons (silent).

lonelywombat
April 11th, 2012, 10:50
Bondi right on the beach could be a great place for you. see thread on Fannys cocktail night below. The baht bus stop 50 metres away, you have sand virtually at the door and the bar swings at night.

http://www.bondipattaya.com/4.html

latintopxxx
April 11th, 2012, 11:17
..try Tui's....also right on the beach front....big comforable rooms...big advantage is its quiet at night...bondi puts on an awful racket downstairs and your room shakes like a rattleskins tail up until midnight...

donald1
April 11th, 2012, 13:55
I agree with the noise at Bondi. Stayed there 1 night, never again.
My friend stayed at Tuis and liked it for the location right by the gay beach in the morning but he hated the 8 minute
walk down the dark walkway after returning from the bars late at night. No one else around except the garbage
pickers and shady characters. He didn't feel safe at all. Just sayin'.

travelerjim
April 11th, 2012, 16:43
Hi guys,can anyone reccommend some good accomodation in joimtien am goin out for four weeks in oct/nov reasonably priced

What do you consider "reasonably priced"?

There are many choices...

but the daily/weekly/monthly rate may determine your stay...
and you can negotiate with the hotel/guesthouse IF you plan to stay for one month.

But suggest you try it out for a night or two before committing to 4 weeks.

tj

latintopxxx
April 11th, 2012, 20:20
Tui's is 1000 to 1600/night, depends if you wanna face the ocean...and how long you gonna stay..and if you are willing to negotiate with a smile; and the walk doesn't scare me in the slightest..what next...scared of shadows??

Poseiden, Iluka..etc...all under 1000/night...lots to choose from in jomtien complex..only a 5 min walk to the beach..added bonus in the evening lots of bars to frequent and joke with the boys..

gedykaie
April 12th, 2012, 03:02
Cheers guys,I did look at both the orchid and ganymede,plenty time i suppose....... thanks all Gedykaie

jinks
April 13th, 2012, 10:10
My advise as always is use The Venue. For 8+ days rates are negociable.

Neal
April 13th, 2012, 11:53
Yes jinks, we all know you love and plug anything and everything about the Venue. How bout asking them to support the board again?

April 13th, 2012, 15:18
Yes jinks, we all know you love and plug anything..

You could have stopped right there!

:wav:

gedykaie
April 14th, 2012, 20:54
thanks for all your input guys I am the type who wants to arrive ,book in dump my bags and thats it for the duration ,gone off bondi now ganymeade or orchid sounds good ( i am not the bartering loud type ,am the quiet shy type)looking for guys who have stayed in jomtien and as i said goin out for 22 nights in oct/nov and really appreciate you guys advice

jvt22222
April 15th, 2012, 11:17
A really top notch alternative to staying in the hotels mentioned on the above postings would be a condominium ...... and you cannot do better than at http://www.jomtien.net ..........surf around the web site and then if you have any questions just drop them a note on the CONTACT US page ......... to quote from this website:

Great location
Luxury en suite shower rooms
Kingsize Beds
All units are fully air conditioned
Ceiling and floor fans
Walk-in closet with safety box
Direct dial telephone
TV/DVD with Sophon Cable
Pantry area with fridge, microwave, toaster, tea and coffee making
Full crockery and glassware
Patio area(most with seaviews)
Ample supply of towels, beach towels, linen etc
Easy parkng
24 Hour Security

bkkguy
July 2nd, 2012, 19:31
for a month an apartment is probably a good idea - try negotiating a monthly rate with Asian Escapes (http://www.asian-escapes.com/listings.html) - VT5 is very convenient for the beach, Jomtien Complex and over the hill to Pattaya!

bkkguy

bruce_nyc
July 3rd, 2012, 10:42
Since we're discussing accommodations in Jomtien.....

Question: What are the pros and cons, these days, of staying in Boyztown versus staying in Jomtien....?

gregvc
July 3rd, 2012, 11:41
Pacific Jomtien has air, pool, breakfast and only a 10 minute walk to the beach. Very quiet, clean with double bed and clean bathroom. 800 baht. Cable TV
http://www.pacificjomtein.com/

TrumplesOz
July 3rd, 2012, 13:02
I've been coming off and on to Pattaya for 13 years and have mostly stayed at Le Cafe Royale. This year I've decided enough is enough and I'm staying at The Venue for our visit in August.

Cost is B999 per night, around $33 in our Australian currency per night - that'll do me!

After returning home I'll let you know what it's like

stevehadders
July 3rd, 2012, 16:05
I have had a friend just return and he stayed at Gannymede in Jomtien, and he found it great - there is a new wing with suites/deluxe rooms as well as the original (cheaper rooms) wing . He really enjoyed his stay, and is glad he chose to "live"there over BT (where he usually stays). The connections to BT are obviously excellent with the baht buses, and he was there every night, but he preferred to wake up just a stumble away from the beach (and knowing him it would be a stumble!)
I usually stay in BT at Le Cafe, but may try Jomtien myself next visit

pudel
July 3rd, 2012, 22:18
I can recommand strongly Tui's we had 3 fantastic weeks there (ask for Neil) <regards from Switzerland pudel :bounce:

July 14th, 2012, 15:42
Can anyone supply any experiences they have had at Iluka Residence or Claudio's Residence as I considering either of these for a trip at the end of this month. They both seem fine from their web sites and are right in my price range. I am mostly interested in comfort and quiet, particularly comfortable beds that are not too hard and quiet for sleeping at night and early morning. Ganymede looks pretty good too but I've read from other posters that the KTV can be noisy and I don't like staying at a place where the staff or freelancers make you feel pressure.

Any opinions or experiences would be most welcome. Thanks in advance for any replies.

anonone
July 14th, 2012, 22:13
Since we're discussing accommodations in Jomtien.....

Question: What are the pros and cons, these days, of staying in Boyztown versus staying in Jomtien....?

I would be interested in other opinions of this as well.

I did a one week stint in Jomtien about 1.5 year ago. Stayed in a very small guesthouse (Orange?), which was fine. The issue for me is the location has no real party places at night.
No gogos, clubs, etc. Just host bars and one show bar, Venue, which neither by BF or I liked very much.

So every night was a trip into Pattaya for either Sunee or BT (or usually both :evil4: )followed by a further trip to Dave Man, Idol or similar.... and of course the return trip at the end of the night, which I recall as being very inconvenient.

Jomtien is very close to the beach, which was nice....but we do not go to the beach every day.

I have been staying in Day Night of late, which is a decent location. But the noise during the day can be off putting. I do love being a short 5 minute stroll to Sunee and BT is within walking distance.

I am actually considering a couple nights in BT during the next trip, as I haven't tried there yet....

Care to share your experience with any BT lodging?

bruce_nyc
July 14th, 2012, 22:29
I really enjoyed my stay at Le Cafe Royale ( http://www.caferoyale-pattaya.com ). And the location seemed like there's no way it could be any better. You are literally an elevator ride away from the massage and beer and host and gogo bars. And Sunee is a short little ride. Then, every 2nd or 3rd day, if I felt like it was a beach day, I could take a boy to the beach at Jomtien. I can't imagine any better situation, location-wise. And the place itself was better than good. The staff and service was excellent. The room was more than sufficient, even by American standards. The manager even sat with me at breakfast the first day and taught me all the ropes.... about how everything works there. I especially enjoyed the breakfasts on the terrace on the ground level, where I would either sit with my new found falang friends I just made, or with one or two boys who had spent the night, or both... and swap stories of the night before... and plans for that day and coming evening.... It was like being on a cruise with friendly fellow travelers who were happy to swap information, tips, advice, and juicy stories. Fun times. I would recommend it highly.

July 15th, 2012, 11:23
Can anyone supply any experiences they have had at Iluka Residence or Claudio's Residence as I considering either of these for a trip at the end of this month. They both seem fine from their web sites and are right in my price range. I am mostly interested in comfort and quiet, particularly comfortable beds that are not too hard and quiet for sleeping at night and early morning. Ganymede looks pretty good too but I've read from other posters that the KTV can be noisy and I don't like staying at a place where the staff or freelancers make you feel pressure.

Any opinions or experiences would be most welcome. Thanks in advance for any replies.

In recent years I stay exclusively at Jomtien. I much prefer the quiet and the breeze there compared to up in town which is just a short songtiew ride away. I'm not interested in BT accomodations and think those should be in another thread. I'm specifically interested in opinions on Iluka Residence or Claudio's Residence. If anyone can speak to those places I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

andrewcraig
July 23rd, 2012, 18:33
am looking for a place to house 4 villians coming end of footie season for some broadminded sex.

loved getting blowjobs just off the beach in daylight

Dodger
July 23rd, 2012, 18:46
Gedykeia:

You may want to explore Two Faces in Jomtien Plaza. Large suites...central to everything...reasonable rates...great breakfasts...very friendly staff..the best value in the area IMO.

Good luck

Daniel-old
July 24th, 2012, 02:29
If ever I decided to stay in Jomtien, I would opt for the Poseidon. I spent three afternoons there during my last visit to Pattaya. I booked a heap of treatments in the spa and lazed around the indoor pool between sessions. I would highly recommend a visit to the spa, but don't expect a 'happy ending'. I asked to see the rooms, out of curiosity, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality for the rates charged. Hotel, spa, and restaurant staff were all courteous and competent. The Poseidon isn't trying to be the cheapest, it tries to offer the best value for money.

http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com

bruce_nyc
July 24th, 2012, 03:26
I'm so happy that I'm going to be in Pattaya for about five weeks. I'm going to get to try out all of these places. I'll be referring to these posts for ideas, to make sure I try out all these places. :happy7:

don't expect a 'happy ending'

Why not? :ow: I thought one could be had almost everywhere.

July 24th, 2012, 03:30
It can - but Do It Yourself doesn't count.

:hah:

Daniel-old
July 24th, 2012, 04:31
Why not? I thought one could be had almost everywhere.

It actually makes a pleasant change. But don't worry, if you're looking for a 'rub and a tug' there are dozens of other male 'massage' establishments from which to choose. You wouldn't even have to leave Jomtien Complex.

gedykaie
August 4th, 2012, 20:56
hi guys thanks for all the input 10 weeks now and counting there is so much good comments about the accomodation in jomtien really cant make my mind up yet,will just wait till nearer the time i suppose

sang09
August 5th, 2012, 12:26
Realize this thread is over and well discussed but will add my experience. First trip when Thailand was new to me I stayed at Ambience and was happy except the intensity and hot afternoons were a drag after the first few days. Next trip tried the new Sansuk for a week and was very happy at Sansuk but its not as convenient. After a few days, the constant travel for any variety of restaurant etc was a challenge. Nights were great though.

My first stay in Jomtien was Posiedon, which was a very nice upgraded room. Next was The Venue, which I totally loved. Stayed there several times and felt like I was part of the family. The pool at Venue is small but its still a pool and that I like. In March I checked into the new wing of Gandymere. Very nice room, an elevator, quiet, and small deck overlooking street. Good restaurant for breakfast and I felt no pressure from the many boys working there. Only disadvantage was lack of a pool.

Spent March of this year in Jomptien and enjoyed the proximity to the beach immensely. Was a regular in the afternoons where I was pampered by the beach boys I had tipped well. The cool breeze during the heat of the day makes the temps tolerable. Convenience between beach and the room without the baht bus is a big plus. I found many good boys between the Host Bars, massage places, and the hotel. Every few nights I made the trip to BT and it was no problem bringing a boy home. Usually grabbed a couple motor bike boys rather than the time getting a late night baht bus.

Never tried Sunee but hard to beat the advantages of Jomtien, and I've been happy with all places I've stayed. Would like to try one of the many high rise condo's when I'm next there for a month or more.

Neal
August 5th, 2012, 17:12
If you like Jontien and a pool may I suggest The Avalon. A huge pool right on the beach, great staff and very clean, wifi mini bar, I think everything you can want. a little more $$$ but not too much. Yes it is a mixed hotel but I have never found anyone unpleasant. Oh and a full restaurant and buffet. Now the only thing I did not like was the idiots that go down to the beach or elsewhere and leave a book, hat or towel on the pool chairs. Mei son jai ( I don't care! And just thrown their shit on the ground. It is impolite and rude!

August 5th, 2012, 18:49
Now the only thing I did not like was the idiots that go down to the beach or elsewhere and leave a book, hat or towel on the pool chairs.

So, you haven't met many Germans then ???? As this is standard practice by them throughout the world and causes numerous rows in the Spanish beach resorts with German families being well known to get up at 4am to go down to the pool to "bag" their seats for the day, only for the English to eventually follow at about 10am, usually hungover, flinging the germans who went back to bed) towels to the ground and so the daily battle of the beach seats commences - with something close to world war three starting each and every day lol - ha ha glad to see (not) that the same practice has now made it's way to thailand :-(.

Although actually surely I thought that when you first select and sit down on your bed / seat for the day when booked from the beach seat owner / booking guy then I thought that that WAS then your seat for the duration of however long you decided you wanted it, no ?? Perhaps the poor Germans HAVE booked their seat and they wonder who the rude American guy is who keeps turning up at 12 noon and throwing their stuff to the ground every day ?!! lol

Neal
August 5th, 2012, 20:34
Well actually you are correct my little princess but I would not confine it to one country of people as that regularly happens with Russians also. Maybe some Americans do it also. I am sorry for misspelling =s and crap as my 4 pm turned out to be a 6 pm and a 2 hour thing and I am just fucking exhausted!!
Back to the chairs, now that you mention it, it happens at the Shang also. But I guess we should start a new thread if we want to talk about rude people, their sun glasses and towels and chairs.

At the beach here, yes, the residents do have their favorite spots reserved by the people who run the places. "J" looks like a crab in 16 gave me hell one time maybe three years ago. I was talking to R and was going back to my spot in a minute and I heard behind me some old crabby bitch say " I don't believe this! You are sitting in MY chair!" Well bitch that I can be, I kept talking and in about 30 seconds I hear "I can't believe it! He's not going to move!" Well of course for aboout a week or two you could hear me in the back row shouting to him in the front Captain's position, "You're sitting in my chair!" :sign5:

I am going to copy these two posts and start them as a duplicate on a n ew thread. I am sure that we can hear about some doozie incidents on the beach!
I'd like to hear them! No names now! :laughing3: