PDA

View Full Version : Thai Civil Service Monthly Salaries

Jellybean
April 10th, 2012, 16:07
As a former civil servant in the UK I was interested to see in тАЬThe NationтАЭ newspaper of 9 April 2012 details of new monthly salary scales to Thai government employees and thought perhaps members, who didnтАЩt see the figures, might be interested in seeing them posted here.

Qualification & Monthly Salary Range

Vocational Certificate
7,620 тАУ 8,080 Baht

High Vocational Certificate
9,300 тАУ 9,860 Baht

Bachelor Degree
11,680 тАУ 12,390 Baht

Master Degree
15,300 - 16,220

Doctorate Degree
19,000 тАУ 20,140

Source: Office of the Civil Service Commission

latintopxxx
April 10th, 2012, 20:09
...and yet many board members believe that short time is worth BHt1000.....and are outraged...yes outraged ...beside themselves even...when a lower sum is mentioned...even allowing for various forms of tea money a low ranking official would be lucky to double his monthly take home pay...

Up2U
April 14th, 2012, 18:43
Civil service jobs in Thailand jobs pay c**p just like many other countries in the world. My bf's brother and wife were hired in a parts factory near Sri Racha and get 20k baht per month for unskilled labor and with a room provided. One reason the bars can not find boys (and girls) as in the past is there are far more economic opportunities for young Thai people.

Khor tose
April 14th, 2012, 21:47
Not always what it seems. For example, the undersecretary of transportation managed to save 100,000,000+ on his salary. A new police officer earns 7200 a month salary and 20,000 to 50,000 a month in tea money. :dontknow:

nanette
April 15th, 2012, 15:32
My bf who has a bachelor degree & after more than seven years in the civil service is drawing less than 20,000 baht per month. More than half of that goes toward paying for his car & related expenses. Lucky for him that expenses like rental & food items in a small town are cheap. Yet at the end of the month there's hardly anything left for saving. Being an enterprising person, he's able to supplement his income by doing work in the evening & during weekends.

arsenal
April 16th, 2012, 08:03
A few years ago the Thai government published a list saying how much each rank of police officer should be making (that is, making in tea money) I would be interested in reading it again if anyone can find it.

April 18th, 2012, 14:35
...and yet many board members believe that short time is worth BHt1000.....and are outraged...yes outraged ...beside themselves even...when a lower sum is mentioned...even allowing for various forms of tea money a low ranking official would be lucky to double his monthly take home pay...

So next time you should search for the Government Owned ST-providers. :party