PDA

View Full Version : Bung Bang Fai Yasathon

Dick
April 9th, 2012, 06:12
My bf and I are going to this year's Bung Bang Fai (Rocket Festival) in Yasathon next month. It's been 10 years since I went last; I really enjoyed it. Anyone else from the Board making the trip?

ceejay
April 9th, 2012, 16:42
Yes, I am. It'll be the first time for me. I'm not staying in town though. I intend to stay in Amnat Charoen and travel down to Yasothon on the festival days. I've engaged Suphot (Smiles' better half) for a few days, so I will have no problem travelling. Why Amnat Charoen, you might ask? Well, for a start I've never been there, but the main reason is the whole area around Muang Amnat Charoen has many Mor Lam bars, and I want to check some of them out. Seemed better to be staying somewhere close so that I don't have too far to get home after a night out!

Dick
April 9th, 2012, 19:54
Hi Ceejay,

Lucky you! My bf and I are also mor lam fans... we spend many a night in the Tamnam Isan bar when I'm in Pattaya. The bf's family home is a village in Ubon. Spending a couple of nights at his home afterwards... the mosquito's are sure to spread the word there'll be a 'special' on the menu that week.

We're booked in at the JP Emerald in town Friday to Monday. If you want to meet up during the festival PM me and I'll give you a couple of phone numbers.