PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace dies.

kjun12
April 9th, 2012, 06:08
Those of us from the USA will remember Mike Wallace of CBS news as the man of 60 Minutes. He has died at 93. I always enjoyed his style as an aggressive reporter.

Khor tose
April 9th, 2012, 09:26
He will be missed. As a Vietnam Vet I strongly supported his case against Westmoreland's law suit. I know for a fact that Westmoreland new about the Tet Offensive long before it occurred. Glad he won that one.

springco
April 9th, 2012, 10:54
Good riddance!
He was little more than a high priest of Yellow Journalism in America.

April 9th, 2012, 11:36
Good riddance!

Good riddance? What an absolutely vulgar thing to say when someone dies! Although I hope that no one says that at your death bed, I am sure someone will be just as vulgar. :bootyshake:

kjun12
April 9th, 2012, 14:23
springco, even if you hated him that is a very rude thing to say.

April 9th, 2012, 14:40
Good riddance!

Good riddance? What an absolutely vulgar thing to say when someone dies! Although I hope that no one says that at your death bed, I am sure someone will be just as vulgar. :bootyshake:Is this a universal rule can I not rejoice when I read of the death of Hitler Stalin Mao Kim Ill Song if we say good riddance for them how do we draw the line

kjun12
April 9th, 2012, 14:45
If you don't understand the difference then I don't think anyone can explain it for you.

Neal
April 9th, 2012, 14:52
Is this a universal rule can I not rejoice when I read of the death of Hitler Stalin Mao Kim Ill Song if we say good riddance for them how do we draw the line

You compare a reporter to these people?? Yhe other poster was correct in saying that if we need to explain it to you, well there is no point!

Thai Dyed
April 9th, 2012, 15:28
Is this a universal rule can I not rejoice when I read of the death of Hitler Stalin Mao Kim Ill Song if we say good riddance for them how do we draw the line

You compare a reporter to these people??

Mike Wallace was a scandalmonger. He made a career of being aggressively vulgar. Vulgarity and the sensationalism that surrounded it were his stock-in-trade. The depths to which journalism has sunk over the last forty years can be attributed in no small part to people exactly like him and for whom he was a progenitor.

April 9th, 2012, 15:33
If you don't understand the difference then I don't think anyone can explain it for you.arent they all human beings like us like that journalist man woman young old either we can say the same thing for everyone or we are as bad as those homophobes who think we are somehow inferior and can say good things about themselves and bad things about us because they know the difference between people.

martin911
April 9th, 2012, 16:17
I think it is very bad taste to talk bad about somebody who has just died (whatever ill feelings one might have had against the deceased )

April 10th, 2012, 09:31
I think it is very bad taste to talk bad about somebody who has just died (whatever ill feelings one might have had against the deceased )How long do you reckons a fair thing to leave it I only ask because I read today that Mugabe is dying in a hospital in Singapore so how long before it wont be bad taste to talk about him when hes dead?

Neal
April 10th, 2012, 14:29
Brisbane guy? You are a first class jerk and the answer is NEVER. Post it on another board.

kjun12
April 10th, 2012, 16:37
Thank you Boss. We don't need that kind of trash on this board.