PDA

View Full Version : Corner Bar for sale again.

Monty-old
April 7th, 2012, 13:46
Hi All,

The deal for the Corner bar has fallen though. No fault of Eddy's or mine. The money was paid and the contract signed yesterday.
It is disappointing For both of us.

But the Corner Bar is still for sale at 1,500,000 bht or near offer. If someone is interested contact me.

I will be happy to help the new owner, if he wishes.

It is great chance for someone to have a great business in Sunee .

Thai Dyed
April 7th, 2012, 16:12
There have been so many flip-flops to this saga that have surfaced today alone, that I am beginning to think that Corner Bar now has a curse on it. Monty, I hope I don't seem to be impertinent by asking, if your health was too impaired to run your last place, how can you manage to handle yet another new one?

Patexpat
April 7th, 2012, 19:37
... and if someone wanted to buy The Corner Bar, why contact you Monty if the deal fell through? - Confused of Khao Talo!

firecat69
April 7th, 2012, 22:37
... and if someone wanted to buy The Corner Bar, why contact you Monty if the deal fell through? - Confused of Khao Talo!

You're kidding me right?? These people want to get more money then they paid after running the business into the ground?? Only in Pattaya!!!

bao-bao
April 7th, 2012, 23:14
I think Monty was making an offer to share his info and experience with the deal he attempted or place itself, not to act as an agent.

Personally, I'm sorry the deal didn't work for Monty to take it over. It would have been the best opportunity for him yet, IMHO - and would have given the place a fine new start.

April 7th, 2012, 23:29
so would a bid of a million baht get this place .. ?

frequentflier
April 7th, 2012, 23:59
There have been so many flip-flops to this saga that have surfaced today alone, that I am beginning to think that Corner Bar now has a curse on it. Monty, I hope I don't seem to be impertinent by asking, if your health was too impaired to run your last place, how can you manage to handle yet another new one?
Totally agree.this entire thing is very strange,money paid and contract signed,and still not sold???

Patexpat
April 8th, 2012, 00:03
You're kidding me right??

It was indeed a somewhat rhetorical question ..... ;-)

April 8th, 2012, 00:05
i have it from someone in the know that rather than being strange it is infact very sad for monty ...
he did pay the money for the bar but thru no fault of his own things fell apart !!

newalaan
April 8th, 2012, 02:22
Is there an echo? Is there a parrot loose?

i have it from someone in the know that rather than being strange it is infact very sad for monty ... he did pay the money for the bar but thru no fault of his own things fell apart !!

The deal for the Corner bar has fallen through. No fault of Eddy's or mine. The money was paid and the contract signed yesterday. It is disappointing For both of us
You have it from "someone in the know" and we all have it from Monty himself. So thanks for confirming from your friend 'in the know' what Monty already told us himself nine posts ago. That really helped put things in perspective and added so much more value to the thread. Look forward to your next facinating 'scoop'. For gawdsake brithai! didn't your "someone in the know" not give you any actual updated info that we didn't already know half a day ago?

But yes, a pity the deal with Monty fell through. Large prominent (as in location) bars such as Corner Bar needs someone with a bit of character and plenty of boybar experience to oversee it. Even though i had been visiting Thailand for more than a decade, I had never met Monty prior to visiting his bar a few months ago, his bar served excellent tasty snacks and was an enjoyable late afternoon/early evening place to drop in by. Even if he was unable to participate in running the bar full time, I think his 'stewardship' would have been ideal for the Corner Bar.

April 8th, 2012, 02:30
damn you got me .. i should have added that the reason it fell thru was because madam sunee cant stand monty so she pulled the plug ... so there you have it .. hope thats sorted it out for you ... im sure monty wont mind you knowing that ... i dont ...

joe552
April 8th, 2012, 03:09
Who is Madam Sunee? I'm sure all you expats know, but those of us outside the kingdom may not.

But didin't Monty say in the OP that the contracts had been signed and money paid? I'm not an expert on Thailand's contract law, so would like some clarificatiion.

I think us punters deserve to be told the real truth.

anonone
April 8th, 2012, 03:14
What a weird, TIT, story.

I don't get the 1.5 million baht number either. I can't recall the specifics, but I don't think when Michael and Thomas were selling the place that the price was so high... :dontknow:

These types of stories make me wonder just how crazy trying to own or run a bar in Thailand has to be....????

April 8th, 2012, 03:16
madam sunee owns most/ all of the property in sunee ... when you buy a bar all you get is the leasehold .. she stopped the change of lease ..

joe552
April 8th, 2012, 03:21
thanks brithai, that makes sense. she must be a powerful woman. not someone many members of the board would have experience of.

so give us the scoop, why did she block the sale?

April 8th, 2012, 03:27
i allready said so .. she dont like monty. thats all .. and if you want to know my *man in the know* the news of the world reporters still need to work ..

joe552
April 8th, 2012, 03:31
we wouldn't want you to "reveal your sources" on an open forum.

so whoever buys the bar has to pass this Madam Sunee's test? nothing to do with me really, as I don't have the inclination to buy a bar at the moment, but it's good to know that things are not always as straightforward as we might think.

joe552
April 8th, 2012, 04:32
oh look, guess who's back?

kjun12
April 8th, 2012, 08:34
Don't get excited. Brithai is probably as full of crap as he usually is. He is not even in Pattaya but has oh so important contacts who know this information. He probably make it all up just to jabber on here.

arsenal
April 8th, 2012, 08:49
Leasehold contracts can be complicated. Even in the UK the landlord can prevent a lease being sold if he/she doesn't like the person it is being sold to.

travelerjim
April 8th, 2012, 11:27
Leasehold contracts can be complicated. Even in the UK the landlord can prevent a lease being sold if he/she doesn't like the person it is being sold to.

From many years of chats with business owners in Sunee...
plain & simply stated...
Madam Sunee indeed does have the final say in who leases any of her Sunee!

tj

Touche'
April 8th, 2012, 12:10
... but it's good to know that things are not always as straightforward as we might think.

But is straightforward.... Madam Sunee as the owner of Sunee Plaza has the right of ownership AND the right to determine who leases her properties.

Neal
April 8th, 2012, 12:29
In my business experience unless there are other factors involved such as bankruptcy, a contract usually allows for the transfer of a lease but with the permission of the land holder. If the lessee feels that the sale is being with held unjustly, in USA they can sue to prove it is being with held unjustly. I don't know about here.

April 8th, 2012, 15:35
Don't get excited. Brithai is probably as full of crap as he usually is. He is not even in Pattaya but has oh so important contacts who know this information. He probably make it all up just to jabber on here.

Actually I do not believe that Brithai is full of crap. The Sunee office would not accept the sublet.

Neal
April 8th, 2012, 15:58
How about we end his here?
I recieved very good information that because of some problems in the past, Madame Sunee was not going to allow the deal to f=go ahead. While I was given some vague details it was what Brithai quoted and it did not come from the famous LMTU. LMTU did try to come back yesterday and has been deactivated today. You know him and juicy gossip and I did not need to LMTU version. Today I recieved the full version of why the deal was turned down and thats just it and thats the way it will be said just that the two are not in favor with each other. Period. Sometimes the past comes back and bites you in the ass is all that will be printed on these SGF pages. It is too bad as Monty may have had the personality to make a go of it.

Now as far as me, I log on a few times a day to try and practice reading and writing. Vision is very limited and from one eye only as I get dizzy and sick if I open both eyes. I am doing my damndest to help my dear butterflap and I am sure he is not happy with all this dumped in his lap. Please, the bickering??!!
Help butterflap and me get through this. I am on some very heavy meds to try and reverse the stroke damage and am still on bed rest for about another week when I may attempt my usual spot either on the beach or at the bar. Gay Button has been kind enough to offer assisting me as well as Nicky from Nickys Gay Pattaya and others. The doctors said that while I am unfortunate to have a stroke, I am fortunate that it travelled up the back of the neck and on the left side. No paralysis and there is a very good chance that even if they cant reverse the damage, I can adjust to one eye. We will see and I thatnk all of you for your best wishes and emails. :glasses7:

Thai Dyed
April 8th, 2012, 16:20
How about we end his here?

Well, that certainly explains the whole affair to my satisfaction. Monty jumps around so much and so often that perhaps it's just as well he didn't take over the place, although I am sure it would have been a great venue as long as he stuck with it this time around. Actually I really liked the place under, what was his name, the guy from California, Gary, I think it was. I really enjoyed his tenure there. He was a welcome relief from a lot of the shitheads who run the other places.

Glad to see you so spunky and so quickly after your ordeal, Neal. I hope you make a full recovery.

April 8th, 2012, 18:28
.... if you want to know my *man in the know* the news of the world reporters still need to work ..

Surely you dont mean Miss D?

I like you Brithai but (if that's the case) you seriously need to keep better company - Weils disease still exists.

:occasion9:

And I still don't get the SGT "Monty obsesssion" - I've never met the man and couldn't find his latest bar the last time I was in Pattaya, but he seems to be regarded as some kind of Messiah on here - I would be interested to know the reasons for this. Seriously, I'm not having a pop.

:hello2:

anonone
April 8th, 2012, 19:12
And I still don't get the SGT "Monty obsesssion" - I've never met the man and couldn't find his latest bar the last time I was in Pattaya, but he seems to be regarded as some kind of Messiah on here - I would be interested to know the reasons for this. Seriously, I'm not having a pop.

:hello2:

I went into Monty's a couple times last year. It was one of the few (the only in Sunee) places open during the day and I, like you, was curious to meet "Monty".

It was an OK place. I wasn't given a hug and invited to holiday dinner like some posts might have you believe, but it was a nice, clean place to hang out. In fairness, I don't believe the middle of the day was at prime time, so I bet both Monty and his place would be a bit more engaging from dinner time onward.

I have read many times that Monty is quick to lend a hand for a new visitor or someone that gets in a bind, so I am more than willing to believe he is a good guy and glad that he is around.

I'm not sure about messiah status, but I have been doubting all kinds of messiahs since religion school. :tongue3:

joe552
April 8th, 2012, 19:14
And on Easter Sunday, of all days - someone's going to hell :occasion9:

anonone
April 8th, 2012, 19:43
And on Easter Sunday, of all days - someone's going to hell :occasion9:
Surely I am...though doubting messiah is probably low on the list of sins for which I will have to atone..... :sign5:

I wouldn't mind having a go at owning the Corner Bar. Great location, good size bar, owners accommodations plus other rooms. It would be a good way to have some extended time in Thailand, assuming some level of profit can be had.
There seems to be a lot of churn with businesses in Sunee presently. I'm not sure I have enough knowledge of the way things really work in Thailand to be comfortable taking this on now. Lots of stories of failures and other heartache from past bar owners in Thailand.....

April 8th, 2012, 19:47
who the hell is Miss D ?? ... ive no idea .. never heard of him/her ....
so anyway the corner bar is still for sale ... anyone wanna go half's ?? times are hard dont ya know.
bty scotty i did manage to find montys but being as it looked closed when i went past i didnt bother .. even tho i knew it was open ..

Manforallseasons
April 8th, 2012, 19:57
There is no doubt that all the bars are hurting as a result of the economic crisis but the bars in Sunee have been on the decline for years. There was a time whent most of the bars were Thai owned and run, as naive farang began to buy up the bars for more than they were worth and didn't have a clue how to run these establishments they began to decline. They didn't know how to get the boys, they didn't understand all the scams and many ran them as a hobby its never been the same.

April 8th, 2012, 20:01
[...doubting messiah is probably low on the list of sins for which I will have to atone.........

Yes, "coveting your neighbour's ass" will be near the top

pennyboy
April 9th, 2012, 01:12
Over the years I have ventured into some of the places run by Monty.

I still don't understand how he ever gained "messiah" status.

anonone
April 9th, 2012, 06:27
[...doubting messiah is probably low on the list of sins for which I will have to atone.........

Yes, "coveting your neighbour's ass" will be near the top

At the top of the list is coveting Thai ass, which hopefully one day will mean a neighbor. :love4:

My current neighbors ass is quite ugly

April 9th, 2012, 07:20
I'm not a theological scholar - but I don't think "neighbour" is taken literally.

:evil4: