PDA

View Full Version : GayRomeo vs Go-Go Bars?

joe552
April 6th, 2012, 01:46
What's you're preferred method of meeting new boys in Pattaya? When I first went, the go-go bar was the most obvious option. Now we have GayRomeo and all the other internet based ways of hooking up with guys.

I still tend to use go-go bars, or host bars, but that's mainly because I'm not as adventurous as some on here.

So which do you prefer? :dontknow:

Impulse
April 6th, 2012, 05:23
Go Go Bars! :party

gaymandenmark
April 6th, 2012, 05:48
Each to his own taste.
I have never been a big go-go bar fan.
I think in all my 16-17 years visiting Thailand I have only been into 4 gg-bars.
When in Pattaya I prefered host bars before the time of GR. Now I think it is half host bars and half GR, because there is not so many other options.
When in BKK and CM I enjoy and prefer the "non" hostbars and dancing venues.

anonone
April 6th, 2012, 06:04
lately, the vast majority of the guys have been from go go bars. I went through a host bar phase for a bit last year, but it has been some time for an off from one.

Now, I spend some time in Sunee at the host bars at the start of the evening. BF is usually hanging out with his friends or errands or primping for the night out....

We meet up at some point, have some drinks together in the go go bars of Sunee, then head over to BT for some type of show and more gogo. Sometimes we make a friend at the gogo and head back to the room for the evening...sometimes we make several friends and head to a club.

I am only in Thailand for about a week at a time, so we are pretty much full throttle for the whole time. I just love the bars and gogo atmosphere. Nothing like it back home...

If I had extended time in Thailand and was living at a more relaxed place, I could envision GayRomeo becoming a method as well.

When home, I do log onto Gay Romeo occasionally to touch base with some friends and keep in touch.

April 6th, 2012, 08:44
i still prefer the Go Go bars especially if its like a first time in a place but then i also am a fan of the internet these days cause its so much easier to find guys and its a convenient way at that. sometimes though it is better to see them in person, makes it more real and personal plus the fact that you can get some real connection.

Sooty
April 6th, 2012, 08:59
What's you're preferred method of meeting new boys in Pattaya?Having been to Pattaya once I don't care if I never go there again, so why limit your question to that dump? There are boys (and go-go bars) in other places in Thailand. However I don't bother with go-go bars any more, unless a friend drags me along to one; they're definitely for the first-time tourist. I go to Thailand maybe twice a year now but mostly stick to Bangkok, where I use both GayRomeo and Grindr on my iPhone or iPad. As I stay at the Tarntawan Hotel that costs me nothing as I use their WiFi, and I tell boys to come to the lobby and I'll meet them there or I'll suggest a nearby coffee shop. The only problem I've ever found is boys who don't resemble their photo, usually because it's not theirs, but a lot have been touched up via Photoshop. As I'm black it's a bit hard for me to misrepresent myself, although there are a few pics of Bucknaway around so I guess I could "borrow" his if I felt less comfortable about myself than I do.

witchhunt
April 6th, 2012, 12:17
Very interesting point re gay romeo boys.

My friend has used gayromeo in the past but this trip due to a hip injury, he tried sonic sex paying cash to an email address for a boy, to do a personal live show for cash.

He was able to walk again after 7 days or so , so we went to DJ's. Now who was working in DJ's or just having a good time but his friend--- a Thai living in US, who took his cash for a very good visual sex show.

He burst out laughing as it was the first time he had been caught out. He and his friends use US addresses , different states and also Euro as well. They change their names often In his case he gets his best results from Texas and southern states and also from Mexico.

But at other times in different countries he gets other trade. Safer than AIDS.

joe552
April 6th, 2012, 17:06
Sooty, I only have 2 weeks at a time for my trips to Thailand and since I know Pattaya so well, it suits me fine. I've been to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Isaan, so I have seen more of Thailand than just Pattaya. But for now, with limited time, it means I can start my holiday as soon as I arrive. Each to their own.

pong
April 6th, 2012, 17:37
also have not been to PTY since many years, stay mainly BKK (and ChMai last time during floods). Seems to me that in PTY most GR-advertsiers are also either barboys or hostboys or whatever-trying to drum up more custom or doing both part-time.
I rather see the flesh first in real life-those plentiful massageshops with more serve me very well for that. A mobuy nr or even @mail is just for the asking if you hit someone nice-and in fact often even given before the asking.

christianpfc
April 6th, 2012, 20:44
I meet boys in bars, in discos, via gayromeo or camfrog or aquaintances from previous holidays. The advantage of the bars (gogo and beer) is that you see and get the boy here and now (when I meet someone on appointment they are usually late). If I were living in Thailand, I could do without bars, but as a tourist they are very useful.

anonone
April 6th, 2012, 23:24
Sooty, I only have 2 weeks at a time for my trips to Thailand and since I know Pattaya so well, it suits me fine. I've been to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Isaan, so I have seen more of Thailand than just Pattaya. But for now, with limited time, it means I can start my holiday as soon as I arrive. Each to their own.

Same for me, Joe...very well said.
Pattaya is very conducive to limited time and party atmosphere.

Bangkok is OK, but not as compact or easy to get around. Add in higher costs and lack of a beach, and for now Pattaya suits me very well.

bucknaway
April 7th, 2012, 04:47
I use them all but I think I enjoy meeting a guy on the street and flirting much more rewarding than renting a guy from a bar or using the PC or phone for a sex meeting.

But there are times when I want to do each of those options.

Sooty
April 7th, 2012, 10:57
But for now, with limited time, it means I can start my holiday as soon as I arrive.So you're saying that after checking into the Tarntawan or the Rose, the gay traveler has less time to walk the hundred yards down the road to Soi Twilight or across the road and through to Soi Telephone or ever so slightly further to Soi DJ Station than you have after getting to Pattaya to start his holiday - indeed cannot do so as soon as he arrives??? How do you work that out? I have a 10 minute stroll in two or three directions if I want an evening's gay entertainment as soon as I've checked into a hotel that takes half the time to reach than if I went to Pattaya. There's, at most, one road to cross. But wait, there's Anonone (or should that be Inane?)
Bangkok is OK, but not as compact or easy to get around.

nanette
April 7th, 2012, 12:46
Even in the remote provinces of Isan, it is quite easy to meet guys from Gayromeo, after chatting politely with them, followed by live-chat with webcam, or phone calls. Apart from young students, some of them are civil servants who are keen to interact with foreigners. But I suspect some eager ones could have been veterans of bars in Pattaya, Bangkok & elsewhere.
Most guys would expect some sponsorship from you either buying them dinner, & reimbursing them for bus tickets or gasoline for their car when they travel from outside towns, or that special haircut before meeting you, or basic clothing items when they stay overnight.
After some probing, some guys turned out to be underaged, as they invariably stated 18 as thier age during registration on Gayromeo. However eager they seem to be , one can wait until they turn 18 before meeting them in private.
I have had several positive meetings with Thai guys through Gayromeo. :happy7:

joe552
April 7th, 2012, 16:24
Sooty, I was merely saying that I prefer Pattaya as I know it so well. The point you make is a valid one - if I knew that area of Bangkok (which I don't) then obviously it would be just as easy as in Pattaya. I've only been to Bangkok once and prefer Pattaya.

April 7th, 2012, 16:46
i agree with joe on this .. its a bit like trying to compere london with brighton .. ones a massive great city the others a far smaller place by the sea ... ones easy to get lost in ones easy to get around ..
of course if you know an area then that all changes ... but id expect not everyone knows everywhere !!
tho im sure theres a few on here that do of course know everywhere