PDA

View Full Version : DaBoss Suffers Stroke Butterflyforever Takes Lead

NickysGayPattaya
April 4th, 2012, 18:09
I've had two emails from Neal (DaBoss)- this is what he said:

"had a stroke in hsop"

I replied :

"Hi Neal

I'm so sorry to hear this. Which hospital? Are you up for visitors?

Let me know - I'll not say anything to anyone online - but you have my true sympathy

Nicky"

His reply to me was:

"cant really see good as stroke place was for eye and balance.. i m in bkk pty should be posted and tell evyone"

If I get any more news I'll post it. Neal - you have my true sympathy as I said above. I'll go out to the Bkk Pty tomorrow and see the old duffer!

Neal
April 4th, 2012, 19:48
Very short post.
Two days ago I suffered a stroke in a place of the brain that controls vision and balance. Doctors trying to rule OUT a stroke actually found that I had one. They are very hopeful that they will be able to counter the stroke with lots of medicines and bed rest a Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. At this tome I am barely able to complete this post. I am turning FULL temporary control of Sawatdee Gay Forum to Butterflyforever and will hopefully be back in a few weeks.

a447
April 4th, 2012, 20:08
Wishing you all the best Neal.

jinks
April 4th, 2012, 20:12
I'll be in town on Friday. Butterfly please advise if visitors are allowed in.

Meantime all the best Neal, for a complete recovery.

joe552
April 4th, 2012, 20:41
Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery, Neal.

April 4th, 2012, 20:57
All the best, Neal.

:love4:

April 4th, 2012, 21:37
I'm sure our thoughts are all with Neal, hoping you have a full and speedy recovery and are back up and at it in no time - although I have to say I think this is fairly extreme lengths your going to just to get out of buying me that beer, so I'll still be holding you to it as and when you up and about :-). Get well soon !

martin911
April 4th, 2012, 22:31
My thoughts and prayers are with you Neal --wishing you a full and speedy recovery

I guess this means the recipe and knitting section will be delayed further!!! ( mabye GB will take me back lol )

Im not making light of what happened Neal -- just trying to make you smile a little !!

Neal
April 4th, 2012, 22:34
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted. The medications o counter the stroke are slowly working to help me.

bao-bao
April 5th, 2012, 00:25
Strokes are never good news, but they can now do amazing things to keep you out of the danger zone(s) for any further damage in the future.

Having heard good things about BPH I'm going to figure you're in good hands. The sooner they catch a stroke the better your chances are, so it was good fortune to have that hospital so close.

I'm truly sorry to hear about this latest glitch to your health, though.

I just logged in to say here's wishing you the best recovery possible - and smoother sailing ahead.

April 5th, 2012, 00:32
i shall add my wishes that you get well as soon as possible .. take it easy mister.

christianpfc
April 5th, 2012, 00:45
I wish you a quick recovery.

krobbie
April 5th, 2012, 01:39
Boss, what a bugger! Since it is nearly Easter maybe time to have a word with the Big Boss.

All the very best of luck with your recovery.

Cheers
krobbie

ceejay
April 5th, 2012, 02:12
I'm very sorry to hear of this, Neal. Rest well, and do what the doctors tell you. My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

RonanTheBarbarian
April 5th, 2012, 03:08
Get well soon DaBoss

DCbob
April 5th, 2012, 04:53
You always have my best wishes, Neal.

colmx
April 5th, 2012, 06:51
Sorry to hear about your health issues Neal
Hopefully you will be back on your feet in time to celebrate Songkran! :tif: :wav:

alipatt-old
April 5th, 2012, 07:31
Bad news - hope your medications get you back on your feet and able to enjoy strokes of a more mutually enjoyable variety

arsenal
April 5th, 2012, 07:50
Hi Neal. May I add all my best wishes for full recovery. Get well soon.

bucknaway
April 5th, 2012, 09:00
Some guys will do anything to get sexy Thai guys to give them a sponge bath.

Get well soon!

Khor tose
April 5th, 2012, 09:15
Here is hoping for a quick and speedy recovery. Maybe this is someone's way of telling you to slow down a little and take it easy. Ask them to give you their sexiest male nurse, as a help on improving your eyesight.

francois
April 5th, 2012, 11:00
I am personally aware of the effects of stroke which are very scary. Neal has been very brave in this most recent ordeal.

travelerjim
April 5th, 2012, 11:14
DaBoss...

I wish you good recovery...I konow you have had recent health challenges...

I ..and my Thai bf...will return to Pattaya later today...Thursday.
If there is anything I can do to assist, in any way...please let me know...
just pm me...or e-mail me...you have my e-mail address.

Take good care...Thankfully, you are in good care of the cardiologists at BHP.

tj

NickysGayPattaya
April 5th, 2012, 13:23
I've just got back from seeing Neal at the Bkk Pty.

He indeed had a stroke two days ago. It has affected his vision and his balance. He has one eye covered to stop him feeling nauseous. However I'm pleased to report he's his usual old self and although a little subdued seemed to be as OK as can be expected. His boys are keeping him supplied with the small needs and keeping him company. I had agreed with him I'd pop over and make sure he didn't need anything and he was happy with that. The hospital seems to think they caught the stroke in time and with two weeks complete bed rest and lots of medication he will make a full recovery. Today Neal wasn't sure if the two weeks was to be at home or if he had to stay in the hospital.

So all in all, it's the best prognosis from a sad situation.

Once again I wish you Neal a speedy and full recovery. If I get any more news I'll update this report.

Nicky

jinks
April 5th, 2012, 14:24
Butterfly has advised me that Neal does not want visitors in his current condition.

Please don't all rush over with sympathy. Kind words lead to grown men crying, not a happy picture.

I arrive in Jomtien tomorrow noon.

kjun12
April 5th, 2012, 14:26
Here's a wish for a speedy recovery and full bounce back to your ole self. Take care of yourself.

anonone
April 5th, 2012, 18:30
Wow Neal. Sorry to hear about the recent turn of events.
I have total confidence that you will soon be back at your old spot, guardian of the door at Happy Place, with a smile on your face and a glint in your eye.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 5th, 2012, 20:28
you poor dear Neal but be reassured that recovery will come. Treatment these days is sooo much better, :crybaby:

Best wishes. :hello2:

Neal
April 5th, 2012, 20:59
going home tomorrow for 2 weeks confinement to bed but without boys! :crybaby: they say no more they can do at hosp

April 5th, 2012, 23:09
two weeks with no boys!!! ... i hope they have tied your ams behind your back ... dont want you having a patch over both eyes .. i would say take it easy and keep your feet up .... but it seems with no boys theres no need to have your feet anywhere but on the floor ...
all the best matey.

lexusgs
April 6th, 2012, 01:45
Hey Neal,

All the best towards a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself over the next couple of weeks mate......

lukylok
April 6th, 2012, 03:42
I was lost for three days without internet in the french Alps, and discover the news !
My very best wishes of speedy recovery.
But trying to keep the boys out of your bed for two weeks .....

All the best, Neal !

Impulse
April 6th, 2012, 05:21
Hopr you have a full recovery Boss. My thoughts are with you!

Rocket

adman5000
April 6th, 2012, 09:51
Neal - wishing you a speedy recovery so you can soon be sitting outside your bar again.

aussie_
April 6th, 2012, 10:49
Take care and all the best for a fast recovery. Your boys will be waiting for you to get back into action.

:3some:

jomtienbob
April 6th, 2012, 14:12
Would like to add my best wishes for you to have a quick and full recovery, so that you can again resume your role of that Big Man At The Door.

Janus
April 6th, 2012, 16:53
My best wishes for your recovery.
Take care.

pong
April 6th, 2012, 17:40
all the best too from me-only saw this note today. Hope you have enough strength to see at least a little of the Songkran mayhem-even if only from a safe place.

neddy3
April 7th, 2012, 06:26
Neal

Best wishes for your recovery.

Take it easy.

Wesley
April 7th, 2012, 14:57
I was just beginning to get use to your way of dealing with stuff on here, I am so sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts are with you . Hope to soon see you back at the helm and that your recovery will take a minimal amount of time.

REALLY ALL THE BEST,

Wesley

Khor tose
April 8th, 2012, 16:39
Glad to see you back, but do hope you take it very easy until full recovery. It is nice of GB and Nicky to help you out. I am sure they would not mind doing the task until you are fully up to speed. Take it east Neal, life is to short as it is.

Jellybean
April 9th, 2012, 16:10
Apologies for my belated best wishes Neal - I was up north in a small village in Issan for 5 days and did not have access to the Internet.

I was sorry to hear of your bad news, but glad to see that you have been able to resume some of your duties on the forum.

Like every other member I wish you тАШall the bestтАЩ for a speedy recovery.

JB

zubes
April 9th, 2012, 19:35
Just like to add my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Rob33
April 10th, 2012, 20:16
Not having known Neal as a mod well not for longer than a few posts, I would however still like to add my best wishes and hope for a solid bounce back into health.

I was hiking far up the coast and inland from KK in Sabah on Borneo for Easter so just discovered now, nasty things strokes they always seem to happen to people with no warning at all, it sounds like a mini stroke as they call them so you should be fine I hope.

Maybe you would actually benefit from a little physiotherapy :evil4: only one at a time though?

Neal
April 10th, 2012, 20:51
I haven't had any or been in the mood for two weeks now and what the hell would be so fun with only one at a time! Fucking killjoy! :sign5:

Rob33
April 10th, 2012, 21:56
Grief the mere suggestion, the sooner they get you on your back climbing imaginary stairs the better :occasion5: that's the spirit.

Dax
April 11th, 2012, 08:25
DaBossMan,

Get well soon. I've already penciled in a visit to your establishment when next in Thailand.

Regards,

Dax

latintopxxx
April 11th, 2012, 11:11
...was there last night...lively show...energetic dancers...one has a permanent absolutely dazzling smile....the hostess (she's not a mamasan...thank goodness)with the princess Di hair do is a gem..very efficient...bar was full for the 10.30 show...one of the few that was full...

Ron-Heng Vancouver
April 16th, 2012, 08:54
Ben and I are very sorry to hear of your illness and wish you a speedy recovery from the gang in Vancouver!!!