PDA

View Full Version : Dubai: Any Good?

Rolling Stone
April 3rd, 2012, 21:34
Going to Dubai in couple of weeks time for about a week. Any suggestions on gay life, entertainment? Any problems with the law enforcement, i.e. is gay activity legal/illegal/tolerated etc? (I could probably do some google work; but guess better off by asking the board members on this forum).

lexusgs
April 4th, 2012, 02:41
Going to Dubai in couple of weeks time for about a week. Any suggestions on gay life, entertainment? Any problems with the law enforcement, i.e. is gay activity legal/illegal/tolerated etc? (I could probably do some google work; but guess better off by asking the board members on this forum).

Dubai is quite perplexing Rolling Stone. Best way of finding guys is internet. The following sites in order of popularity. Gayromeo, Manjam, Gaydar. All these sites are blocked by the govt so before you leave for Dubai make sure you download a vpn program which allows access and takes your ip address out of Dubai. A good free program is HotSpotShield. Lots of very hot guys in Dubai and a real mix with hot Arabs, GWM and plenty of Asian guys (Phillipinos). Lots of cruising in the shopping malls so be sure to smile when your shopping. Dubai Mall+ Mall of the Emirates are popular.
Jumeriah Beach is the main public beach in Dubai. Very cruisey at night but be careful of local Police. Daytime is good fun on the beach and the weather will be perfect right now. When you enter the main beach head to the right side of the beach near the breakwater. Lots and lots of gay guys here. Weekends are busy but remember weekends are Fri/Sat!
Nightlife is fantastic with a lot of big name clubs. There is a gay club(discreet) called Submarine located in the Dhow Palace Hotel in downtown Dubai. Very busy on Thursday nights. There is also a place called Jouls bar located in the LeMeridien Hotel at the Airport which is mixed place so be careful. Another option is amixed club called Zinc which is in the ground floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Shiekh Zayed Road. Most places busy mainly weekends so plan carefully. Have your wits about you with regard to the police. Gay activity can get you into serious trouble and penalties can be harsh. Dubai is pretty open as I lived with ex Thai guy there for 1 yr but the Govt must take action if you're caught out as you're in a Muslim country.

Hope that helps

joe552
April 4th, 2012, 03:43
As i transit through Abu Dhabi on my way to Thailand, I'm sensing that a 2 or 3 day stop might not be worth it? Any thoughts?

lexusgs
April 4th, 2012, 12:28
Joe552

Check the websites first that I have mentioned and see how it works with guys for you there. I would certainly give it a shot if you have n't visited before. Taxi takes an hour. There again if
you are going through AD then you must be travelling with Etihad. They have a check in/ drop odd point in Dubai. Just sweet talk the staff into letting you get on heir free shuttle bus to Dubai.
Being in the UAE the ride is very comfortable. If you do check out Dubai make sure you are there over the weekend period!!!!

pong
April 6th, 2012, 17:46
As i transit through Abu Dhabi on my way to Thailand, I'm sensing that a 2 or 3 day stop might not be worth it? Any thoughts?
Do not stay Abu Dhabi-or maybe 1 night if flight in/out is very late/early.
Dubai is worth a day or 2-but not in the Euro summer, when it is really muggy hot outside (anything inside is AC). Lots of things to do and see in the normal tourist sense-just open any guidebook or travelsite. Foreign workers-mostly Indian/Paki and Phillippino outnumber local ASrabs 2 to 1-if not more.

Rob33
April 12th, 2012, 18:46
What pong said.

Its not the place to find decent Arab guys there are hardly any with the exception of Egyptians who also work on some construction sites, you can find one or two extreme gorgeous and willing one of them.

I think the beach is the best and safest option, what happens under water stays under water. Another good place not mentioned are the Saunas at expensive hotels, here you will find Arabs of the swishing white kandoura kind.

For a decent massage with happy tidings and a cruisy steamy sauna happening try booking yourself in for a treatment at the Grosvenor House Hotel. The very large almost military (a design thing) steam and sauna shower complex is included in the massage and caters for the busy gym as well. Expect short hairy and plump for wealthy Arabs and a good assortment of sexy nude punters from all over the Moslem world too.

The oldest and also best big hotel in Dubai IMO is the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort, lovely large palm garden the rates are good rooms large and airy and its near to the cruisy beach, in fact you can swim from there to the gay corner few hundred meters down beach towards the breakwater mentioned earlier.
If the Hotel hasn't been revamped its heaven, very spacious and still retains an exclusive low rise charm not found anywhere else in Dubai. Thehotel is also popular with local Arab men in the evening to watch footie have dinner and smoke hookahs so in fact also the best place to be amongst locals and not foreign workers.

lexusgs
April 15th, 2012, 16:55
I've lived in the UAE on and off for 5 years. I don't get your point about not meeting decent Arab guys in Abu Dhabi? There are loads of them on the websites I mentioned earlier. Do not and I repeat do not play in the water as there are dozens of undercover police on the beach on the lookout for that sort of activity. The internet is far safer. Also the Sheraton hotel you mention is based near Dubai Marina. This is at least 10 miles from any cruisy beach. Not really an easy swim I reckon. :bounce: