PDA

View Full Version : Great Horrors of Bangkok

kjun12
April 3rd, 2012, 07:47
When you Pattayanese and Chiang Mai people complain about traffic, it is difficult to not laugh. Traffic in Bangkok is always horrible but as of late it is much worse for some reason which evades me. Sunday I want to go to Prime Beef to get a nice piece of fillet and it took me 4 hours to get there. Keep in mind that the place is about 5 or 6 kilo from my house. Last night on my way home from the center of Bangkok it took over 2 hours on the express/toll way. The lanes traveling in the other direction were stopped for many kilo and, while the police had the traffic stopped I could not see what the cause was. Some things about Bangkok are great (Jatujak market) but not enough to endure the traffic.

For this reason, I'm moving to a spot in the country North of Chiang Mai.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:35
Bangkok is horrendous.
Used to live on the Bangkok outskirts near the Pattanakarn-Srinakarin intersection.
Seacon Square is approx. 2 km from that point........usually takes 1-2 hours to get there.
Carrefour (now BigC - Extra) is approx. 3 km from there.......usually takes 1 hour to get there.

Now I'm staying in Bang Saen.............tranquility all over. :sleepy2:

arsenal
April 4th, 2012, 16:04
2004 was the last time I was in Bangkok. I had a room on the 20th floor of the hotel. I could come in, look at the traffic, take a shower, make a cup of tea, look at the news headlines then take another look at the traffic to see it hadn't moved at all. The worst I've come across.

April 5th, 2012, 01:01
why do people who drive complain about the traffic ? isnt because you are sat in your car,the reason for the traffic in the first place ...
the reply is always the same .. if i want to use my car i can ... its upto me ...
indeed it is .. so is it upto everyone else who is causing the hold ups .. so stfu and get on with it.

kjun12
April 5th, 2012, 14:29
why do people who drive complain about the traffic ?
Apparently he is unable to drive. Wonder if it's a physical or mental problem? :dontknow:

April 5th, 2012, 23:21
mental id imagine .. im sure your doctor can sort you out some tablets for it tho :salute: