PDA

View Full Version : Idol Club Update

lexusgs
April 3rd, 2012, 06:08
Just arrived back from Idol tonight. Had a great time with 5/6 Thai guys (Yes I don't mind funding a good night out for the guys just like Martin911/ColmX) Place was open until around 6am and the place was pretty packed out given that we are talking about a Monday night. Very few farang but a lot of very hot looking local guys up for some fun. 2 bottled of JW Red on offer at 1500 bht which I thought was a great deal(Mixers extra). Around 15/20 coyotes and a sexy shower show alonf with some decent tunes made it great night out. Worth a visit for those looking for a change from Dave/NAB. I still don't understand the eccentricities of Thai clubs but for some reason you cannot take the whiskey with you at the end of the night on the this deal. Bottles will be kept if you don't finish the bottles at the end of night. :happy7:

newalaan
April 3rd, 2012, 06:48
Just arrived back from Idol tonight. . I still don't understand the eccentricities of Thai clubs but for some reason you cannot take the whiskey with you at the end of the night on the this deal. Bottles will be kept if you don't finish the bottles at the end of night. Thanks for the update lexusgs, my last visit coincided with a police clamp-down and a few of the night-clubs were closed at times, but Idol was closed the whole time i was there. Hopefully it will manage to remain open until my next up-coming visit. The JW deal seems excellent.

The first I came across the not being allowed to take your whisky with you at the end of the night, was when colmx mentioned it in a post not that long ago. I had never experienced it. Probably because we usually leave when the bottle is done, but I just can't see how they could 'stop' you from leaving with a bottle you have clearly paid for, promotion or not.

April 3rd, 2012, 06:56
The last club I was in in Pattaya ( sorry can't remember the name as I was half cut :-) but if you didn't finish the bottle they marked it and put it behind the bar for you to reopen again on your return, within if I recall a very long time ( like a month or something?) which at the time I thought "wow, there's a system wide open to fiddling the punter" but to be fair I did see several farang "claim back" their bottle and there were no issues by either party. Would the not being able to take your bottle be anything to do with their licence perhaps just as in the UK where "on and off" (the premises) drinking licences apply perhaps ?

newalaan
April 3rd, 2012, 07:03
if you didn't finish the bottle they marked it and put it behind the bar for you to reopen again on your return

Yes we've done that heaps of times at various places if we are certain to be returning to the club before the end of the trip, never a problem as long as you have your receipt ticket and we only leave it if there is a large amount of whisky left, if it's 1/4 full we usually take it and give it to one of the party, or the security guy at Mosaik who looks after the car. But I've never been stopped from taking away a bottle from anywhere as yet. i doubt it has to do with licensing rules as most Thais carry their bottle from club to club and karaoke to karaoke, colmx mentioned it was just some kind of 'house rule' with whisky promotion bottles.

colmx
April 3rd, 2012, 07:16
As Newalann points out above a lot of the premises don't allow you to take the whiskey off site when there is a "promotion"
Think its because they are getting the whiskey at a special price from their sponsor (JW in this case)

I presume the idea is to make sure that you either come back another day to finish the whiskey (and hence pay for more setups and probably open another bottle etc) or leave the whiskey behind for staff to use..

Its a pain in the ass really - as sometimes its nice to bring a third of a bottle away to go to a karaoke or an after hours club for a short while... ande not have the expense of opening another bottle there

Most of the time a thai boy will chance throwing it under their jacket to get it out of the premises... and then plead innocence when stopped!

Some of my favourite coyotes and ex-coyotees are now working in Idol.. so i will have to drop in when i'm there (4 days to go!) :alc:

colmx
April 3rd, 2012, 07:21
"wow, there's a system wide open to fiddling the punter"
The reason the have the pouring mechanism on the whiskey bottles in Thailand (and spain amongst other countries) is to stop staff (or children in a family) siphoning off the spirit and either replacing it with water or a cheaper whiskey...

So the system is quite good...The ball bearing is almost impossible to bypass without snapping off teh bottle at the neck

There is usually a "ruler" on the side of the bottle that they mark with the level of whiskey in the bottle and in turn this gets marked on the whiskey ticket
Only issue i have ever had is BF losing the tickets or forgetting to take them with him when we go out!

April 3rd, 2012, 07:45
The reason the have the pouring mechanism on the whiskey bottles in Thailand (and spain amongst other countries) is to stop staff (or children in a family) siphoning off the spirit and either replacing it with water or a cheaper whiskey...

Ah !! I didn't notice there was a special stopper in the bottle, you learn something new every day ! Thank god my father hadn't heard of such devices when I was younger or my latter teenage years wouldn't have been half as much fun - and his wouldn't have been half as filled with him drinking cold watery tea little did he know lol :-)

martin911
April 3rd, 2012, 07:57
It is usually not worth taking a bottle out of the club if you have the time (a month ) to use the balance again -- you are getting the promo price --and there is a fee (similiar to say a corkage fee ) if you take the unfinished bottle from one club to another !!

In the case of Nab /Dave i believe its 200 b
in the case of Step i havent the foggiest -- far too late in the nite to rem those details -- --

No fee to go too any of the Karakoe places (with a bottle ) like Fullman/Jupitor or the latest late nite place --2pm -

The Last nite we were in 2 pm the bf got them down to 350b for ice/mixers (unlimited --but we never go there before 5.30 am ) -- he is going to try for 325 next he says - the initial price was 500 a month ago -but he is steadily beating them down --

Not a great place to go too INMHO -not a proper gay club/has onlt straight " models " -and has 2 screeching ladyboy managers with mikes --

martin911
April 3rd, 2012, 08:03

So the system is quite good...The ball bearing is almost impossible to bypass without snapping off teh bottle at the neck

There is usually a "ruler" on the side of the bottle that they mark with the level of whiskey in the bottle and in turn this gets marked on the whiskey ticket
Only issue i have ever had is BF losing the tickets or forgetting to take them with him when we go out!

Mikey is able to do it G !!!!!--he is able to take out the top of the JWR bottles and top them up to nearly full -and replace the top again --so instead of having say 3/4 nearly empty bottles that there is no point in bring to club (200 fee each bottle ) you then have a almost full bottle to go in with !! :bounce:

I told you before he was clever lad !! :notworthy: :notworthy

Now that he is back at home in Chonburi last 3 months the "whiskey press " has the best part of 30 bottles for him to work on again !!
It will keep him busy for a bit when he returns for Songkran !!

newalaan
April 4th, 2012, 02:14
but we never go there before 5.30am
Jesus Martin911, I don't think i'll ever bump into you at a club nowadays, I've given up on the after 4am scene! midnight till 3-3.30am or when the bottle is finished whatever comes first for us. For years arriving at the Flamingo in daylight was the norm, but as we only spend about a week in Pattaya now we try to make the best of our time. At one stage the only daylight I saw was the morning sunrise and was in the room with curtains drawn until evening to start over again, that was one good thing about the flamingo suites, they had a door between the seperate suite rooms which could be locked, so when a morning party came back to my suite, I could cop off with one of the guys and let the rest of them keep the party going until they konked. One-bedroom suites..a necessity back then!

7th Hole, Maya etc.. were just warm-ups for the karaoke/club rounds. They were top times with great memories (those i can remember) but I also enjoy my new 'phase' which is getting to bed 4-5am and having a fighting chance of actually doing something during the day from about 1pm. Trips to Rayong, baan saeng, Jomtien etc... I get the feeling this current daylight clubbing 'phase' of yours as a few years to go....!

No fee to go too any of the Karakoe places (with a bottle ) like Fullman/Jupitor or the latest late nite place --2pm -
I think i've been at Jupitor, it has tiered theatre-style row seating? Mixed crowd with quite e few females? But where are Fullman and 2PM? Are they karaoke/clubs with a mixture of singing/wailing and dance music or just club style with raised tables?

martin911
April 4th, 2012, 03:04
NewA --i dont mean we only go out at 5.30am to go to 2pm !!!-- We would have been in the usual suspects Nab or Dave and Step Up beforehand -- so plenty of time to bump into me !!

I get what you mean re the only time you see the sunshine thing (as will a certain mr Colmx ) --but unlike him i Dont do it for 10/14 days in a ROW :party
Its hard on the body that sort of ordeal --(but a lot of fun !! )

But pre Maya there was not much late nite ( gay only ) places to go
Old Hollywood and Xcyte was fun if there was a group going --
-i never went to the late nite karaoke bars then either
Years ago (for me ) there was the gogo bars to hit in the evenings --then go to Throb (coolest name for a gogo bar i als thought )for the shows - there was als great intereaction with the boys on stage there i asl thought --and then on across the road to Boyz to where some of the bars boys (from other bars )were over on the raised left side area --anf if you really wanted to be a glutton for punishment finish up in Cafr Royal listening to "toi " --that was asl enough for me to gather my senses and go home with boy special (special for that nite !! )

So yes Bt i guess i was spending a lot of money back then too !!! -- fun tho !!

I dont rem ever 7th hole --But i do remember Maya --!!!! --and then there was Xray -- Xray Part2 was where i met the first guy i have ever fallen for in Thailand !!--

Jupitor has some raised seating yes /lots of females --
Fullman is on soi Korpai --2pm is in the old Scan premises off 3road -- DJ only that late at nite !!

colmx
April 4th, 2012, 04:11
Back in my early days a night out usually consisted of a trawl of the bars before hitting BBB for the late show and LCR for the singing and the odd trip to hollywood or xcyte

Back then (2001) Many Karaoke and Toyota Karaoke were also very popular... both very close to boystown and my regular hotel, welcome plaza...Bottles of Spey Royale for 350B!

I think i remember 7th hole...
Was it the place on the market square at Soi Buakow?

I was there a few time with Louis and a gang from Thai Boys bar... heavily Curtained entrance and everyone drank Heineken from shared buckets

Not long after that Sagay and later Butterfly karaoke opened on Soi Day night
Sagay was upstairs over the old Funny Boys 1 premises

A gay disco also opened up over forest house around 2002 (Where Tom Yum is now)
And then the Original T&T (in a karaoke format)

I have fond memories of them all... but none beat T&T disco
(although Step up may do that on my forthcoming holiday!)

joe552
April 4th, 2012, 04:15
everyone drank Heineken from shared buckets

!)

jeez, colmx, you really were a quality tourist back then :occasion9:

colmx
April 4th, 2012, 04:19
NewA --i dont mean we only go out at 5.30am to go to 2pm !!!-- We would have been in the usual suspects Nab or Dave and Step Up beforehand -- so plenty of time to bump into me !!

Martin is allergic to "shows" so its rare to seen him in a club before the Tiffany guys go home and ladyboy Samoke has extracted/blackmailed enough cash in the "farang give money show"

I get what you mean re the only time you see the sunshine thing (as will a certain mr Colmx ) --but unlike him i Dont do it for 10/14 days in a ROW Its hard on the body that sort of ordeal --(but a lot of fun !! )
My record for T&T was 9 in a row (I think)... After that i needed a rest night... Or maybe it was because the police closed the place early!

colmx
April 4th, 2012, 04:21
jeez, colmx, you really were a quality tourist back then :occasion9:[/quote]
Its still the done thing on Ko Samui and Ko Phangan.... We were just trend setting at the time!

joe552
April 4th, 2012, 04:25
So you just order a bucket of Heineken and everyone dips their glass in? I really haven't lived :dontknow:

colmx
April 4th, 2012, 04:54
No Its a bit less hygenic than that!

They fill an icebucket with Ice and 3-4 bottles of Heineken

Each person has a straw and shares from the communal Heineken pool, the pool is topped up every now and then with additional ice and heineken

These days on the islands its usually some sort of combination of Vodka/Sang Som, with 7up/Coke and RedBull/Krating Daeng/Lipo/M150

anonone
April 4th, 2012, 06:38
I get what you mean re the only time you see the sunshine thing (as will a certain mr Colmx ) --but unlike him i Dont do it for 10/14 days in a ROW Its hard on the body that sort of ordeal --(but a lot of fun !! )
My record for T&T was 9 in a row (I think)... After that i needed a rest night... Or maybe it was because the police closed the place early!

Man I miss T&T :crybaby:

I will not be back until later this month. If anyone has an update on the late night scene, don't be shy about posting.

BF is not a into it much, so typically only get there one night over the week...but it is a fun night.

aussie_
April 4th, 2012, 16:06
If anyone has an update on the late night scene, don't be shy about posting.

The locations of the best karaokes would be appreciated.

Also is the Dave Club still located next to Alcazar?

I will be there Saturday April 7 for a month

:party

colmx
April 5th, 2012, 03:11
As far as i am aware Dave Manclub is closed untill April 11th

So you may have to wait a few days until then to go there (don't forget the bars may also be closed on the 8-10th)

But Nab, Idol and Step up (not gay, but gay friendly) will be open

All the karaokes that i am aware of are on Soi Korpai or Soi Buakow - i think you will need to have a Thai boy bring you to them...

martin911
April 5th, 2012, 04:22
If anyone has an update on the late night scene, don't be shy about posting.

The locations of the best karaokes would be appreciated.

Also is the Dave Club still located next to Alcazar?

I will be there Saturday April 7 for a month

:party

Dave is back in original building --seems it opened a little quicker than they should have and BIB shut them again --i think i saw their Fb page showing 10 ??
Looked into Triangle a few weeks back (when Dave had left the building so to speak )--dead --

Nab on tue nite was empty by 4 am -- StepUp was fully full full --and is every nite --
95% straight crowd --hardly any farang !! and we havent pulled ONCE since it opened :crybaby: :dontknow: --so i dispute you there Colmx re gay friendly lol
Step closes 5-5.30 most nites

Tue nite we went to Jupitor after Step closed -- not so full --opening hours (thats a joke for sure ) were being looked at a little harder than norm --
Fullman is on Soi Korpai --i think its one of the better Karakoe places for the simple reason that there is NO karakoe late at nite --just a DJ
And has one very cute Poochai waiter named xxxx who turns into a power bottom when you take him home !!

Sealed tenders only please !!

Hopefully will be able to post something on the Bkk spots after the weekend -- Colmx is coming to town so me and my fragile liver is getting out of the place !!

Anonone --I too miss T&T a lot -- i sometimes used to set my alarm clock to 4am and just go there -- ,and the gay bar boy crowd dont seem to be going to any fixed late nite spot like T % T just in case one wanted a spot of shooting fish in a barrel early of a sunny morning :laughing3:

colmx
April 5th, 2012, 04:49
Nab on tue nite was empty by 4 am -- StepUp was fully full full --and is every nite --
95% straight crowd --hardly any farang !! and we havent pulled ONCE since it opened :crybaby: :dontknow: --so i dispute you there Colmx re gay friendly lol

I seem to remember you and your BF fancying 2 of the guys that accompanied me to step up last January!
And there was the toilet boy (is he still around?)

Yes Step up is not gay... but its more gay friendly than hollywood (no Arab groups barging their way around or Chinese tour groups!)
And last time i was there the DJ was great for getting the crowd going!

martin911
April 5th, 2012, 06:06

I seem to remember you and your BF fancying 2 of the guys that accompanied me to step up last January!
And there was the toilet boy (is he still around?)

Yes Step up is not gay... but its more gay friendly than hollywood (no Arab groups barging their way around or Chinese tour groups!)
And last time i was there the DJ was great for getting the crowd going!

Re the two boys -- 1 done and 1 too do !!! (lazyness :laughing3: ) -- and i will watch with interest this trips "candidates " for possible further interviewing by myself and T

Toilet boy not there last 2 months or so !!

the earlier dj ( dj wonder ,the good one ) havnt seen him in ages

and step its full of Tomboys --for some reason ??