PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance Hotel, not gay? NO!

newyorkgeorge
April 2nd, 2012, 04:30
Can anyone update about the status of the Ambiance Hotel in Boyztown? i have a buddy who has just come back from staying there, and he said it is now a pretty much straight hotel, he said when he was there it was full of straight asian families (yes, with kids!) and lots of very rude straight russian backpackers, he told me that when he was in the elevator with a boy, the other customers were looking at him very badly, and talking in russian , but giving him a very dirty look, not the type of place i want to stay if i take a boy off? has it been sold? i am due out for my vacation in the next few weeks, but i do not want to stay in a gay soi with straight hotels? please advise, but sensible comments only please?

April 2nd, 2012, 05:11
Can anyone update about the status of the Ambiance Hotel in Boyztown? , but i do not want to stay in a gay soi with straight hotels?

I sat on the balcony of the copa for several days a few months back and absolutely noticed that the trade was i would say perhaps 70/30 straight over gay ( not that there WAS that much trade anyway ! ) and i actually sat and wondered to myself exactly what was the situation when both camps met in the lifts etc as it happened that str8 couples had gone in whilst guys from the massage place had gone in with a customer off the street etc.

Also I checked their web site this time ( as Copa was booked up) and it absolutely struck me that whilst they do mention boystown and boys boys boys etc ( as they couldn't really deny their location I guess) they haven't mentioned the word "gay" once and have in my opinion gone out of their way to go middle of the road - which is fine of course and may be a simple business decision based on a lack of gay custom, but like yourself I then voted with my feet and booked somewhere else as I can do with out disparaging looks for straight tourists when in Boystown in pattaya of ALL the places in the world, so I've booked elsewhere and am so far very happy with that choice and hope the hotel feel the same with their new str8 clientele.

sing_lofty_sing
April 2nd, 2012, 14:11
I have just this last week come back from Pattaya and stayed at the Ambience. Yes there were str8 couples there also gay people too.
I had a great week there and no problems with anyone. The two managers are both Gay and and are great guys.
Look with the fall in gay tourist numbers places like the Ambience have to advertise to a larger crowd or they would just go under.
I went and booked thru Agoda and they also do Copa there too.
Ive never had a problem staying in any Hotel so to me Ambience was a good choice for my week.

newyorkgeorge
April 4th, 2012, 19:26
I went and booked thru Agoda and they also do Copa there too

I appreciate that, and i have also looked at Agoda, but where as Copa clearly states it is a Gay Hotel in a Gay area, the Ambience doesn't mention it at all, so they must get lots of straight people arriving, and being horrified at what they see! but with Agoda, once you have booked and paid, there is no refund, so my point is, that if straight people want to stay in Gay Hotels, they should be told in advance, and then if they choose to book, they can't complain? i'm not against straights in Gay hotels, a bit odd maybe, but if they have Gay friends then why not, but families with small children, in Boyz Town?

a447
April 4th, 2012, 20:18
I was at the Ambience in January and I saw a couple sitting out on the verandah near the entrance to the hotel. I think they were staying there. Also, a girl (prostitute) knocked on my door. I told her she was definitely mistaken!
I usually walk up the stairs with my guy so we will not have to face the straights in the lift.
I've seen that situation a couple of times. Mum ogled the boys on stage and the kids chatted with each other.
deleted underage DaBoss
Pretty disgusting to let kids see that sort of thing. Give them time to grow up.

I was planning to stay at Mosaik but, in the end, decided to remain at the Ambience. I like the idea of someone always manning the front desk, and how the receptionist always rings you before handing back the boy's ID card. I don't think that happens at Mosaik.

April 4th, 2012, 21:19
a447 - OK the woman with kids in tow in a go-go bar is not the sort of thing you would see anywhere in the West - but let's put our Western sex-guilt indoctrination to one side and be rational - what did these kids in A Bomb see?

At worst they saw some guys on a stage in their underwear - and that's all it represents to them.

In the West, of course, she would probably have had the kids taken off her by Social Services - but maybe wherever she comes from that kind of behaviour is OK :dontknow:

The boy in Super A doesn't concern me at all if indeed his dad was the boss.
If he was working there it would concern me.
It would also concern me if you were on the vinegar stroke, fucking some SuperA boy over the back of the settee, when he walked in.
But, correct me if I'm wrong - it's impossible to just walk into Super A - from memory, a bell is rung

There was a very young boy (around 11 or 12) doing a wonderful Magic act in the middle of X Boys a few months ago. The gogo boys vacated the stage to let him on. Nobody batted an eyelid, and quite right too.

:occasion9:

SlaveDriver
April 5th, 2012, 00:22
This whole topic seems to discredit Ambiance and promote Copa. I see this as one of the business attacks aimed at the Ambiance Hotel. I stay often at Ambiance and highly impressed with the new management and the mprovements they are making. They seem to have a business direction and the hotelis doing well.

They have improved the quality of rooms, lounge and the services. The clientale has improved. Certianly they are gay managed and gay/gay friendly hotel.

Guys now lets us accept the reality. The type of tourist (nationalities) have changed with the Western (White) economics down the pipe. People from the emerging economics who have the money now and they who travel now. Wise business people are those who adopt to the changes and target the new travellers. So what's wrong in Ambiance3 Hotel being smart in their business moves?. For that matter, when I was there the last time I noticed that Copa was filled with Arabic guests. Should that prejudice my views about that hotel? No ...... they have attracted the large number of Arab tourist that were coming to Pattaya. I saw that as positive move on the part of Copa. So why crib about Ambiance.

Guys get real. If you can not lead ... atleast follow. Stop pulling down one and other.

Look at in the positive way. If Ambiance or Copa is drawing in the diverse segments of the market it is good for one and other. Boyztown is getting life ...... or do the few old frangs want to have have the Boyzs Town exclusively for them? They can not support the Boyztown economy ...... too small in number with very little disposable income to spend.

Times have chganged ... if you can not do it ... move away and let the change take place. Dont undermine good business moves and innovative marketing.

Get real old folks :party :party

April 5th, 2012, 00:48
Get real my ass slave driver, I'm 43 for goodness sake, that's not exactly ancient.

And I know Speaking personally that i certainly didn't promote copa over anywhere else, in actual fact as you can see on several previous posts of mine I actually binned copa in favour of the mosaic apartments this trip exactly because of their very average tired rooms ( as well as boystown being like a ghost town during the day if course).

And as for ambience being run by gay guys for gay guys a simple mention of the word gay On their website - EVEN ONCE - would surely then at least let us all know where they stand and likewise let the straights know what's what as well - and if they still chose to book then that's great, I've no problem with that but I think the problem starts when perhaps straight perhaps homophobic guests start booking and on arrival start making the gay guests feel uncomfortable and that IS something that the management could do something to avoid happening by simply being clear and upfront about who and what they are and what the hotel is and by not doing so leaves everyone in an awkward state of limbo - which speaking as a gay man I personsally wouldn't support with my customer until the hotel decides where in the gayest street in pattaya that their direction is going and their profit is coming from.

And I certainly don't agree with your view that it's good that "people" ie straights are at least coming to boystown as I believe all that will do is kill the whole area stone dead in the course of the next few years if it carrys on or turn the street into nothing more than a freak show ( which its almost becoming already with the chinese tours going through with their cameras flashing) and I know that i for one will simply chose to holiday elsewhere ( as I and many other "younger" gay guys already do for that ( among other) many other reasons I guess.

April 5th, 2012, 01:43
It may be ironic that Slave Driver suggests that the topic is commercially driven.

It has long been suspected by some on SGT that Slave Driver is/was, in fact, a prominent business owner in the Boyztown area.
Hints to that effect have been made by other members following his/her previous contributions.

Maybe he/she would like to take this opportunity to deny it?

Alternatively he/she could confirm it.

:party

newalaan
April 5th, 2012, 06:58
usually walk up the stairs with my guy so we will not have to face the straights in the lift.......I was planning to stay at Mosaik but, in the end, decided to remain at the Ambiance. I like the idea of someone always manning the front desk, and how the receptionist always rings you before handing back the boy's ID card. I don't think that happens at Mosaik
It's more than a decade since I stayed at Ambiance as I did the first year and a half i came to Pattaya. I stayed on the top floor in a room seperate to the rest of the ambiance hotel, it was accessed via the stairs for the Body Club? if i remember correctly, and so never had any contact with other guests or reception. But after about 5 visits i tired of the soi 3 bubble, and have never been back to stay.

With regards to Mosaik, true there is no reception and responsibility for age is up to you, there are cctv cameras everywhere, Ambiance and Tarntawan are a couple of the very very few Hotels which actually call your room before giving back the ID. So I have to suggest that only staying at hotels where they call your room might be a little paranoid and certainly over-cautious. Even they cannot prevent a well copied ID from detection, and as I realised at the Flamingo, receptionists can actually act in collusion with a boy not yet officially 18 for a backhander from him.

I'm not sure if the intention is to discredit The Ambiance 'SlaveDriver', but the OP is certainly correct to say it should clearly advertise that it is (primarily) gay or at least very gay friendly, and while I don't blame it for getting business where it can, i would be very uncomfortable with the often sneering attitudes of str8 couples and families enough to avoid staying there. More especially if the str8's are not aware exactly what Boyztown soi 3 is all about. But that's just my personal feeling, no prejudice against those like to stay there.

seeing a woman walk into A-Bomb with children in tow! Also in Super A in Bangkok, a young boy wandered in. I suppose it was the son of the owner. Pretty disgusting to let kids see that sort of thing. Give them time to grow up
I have to agree with a447 that boy/gay bars are no place for youngsters, some halfwits here just "don't get it" regarding youngsters in bars. It isn't just the fact that, as a447 says, youngsters should be allowed to grow up before experiencing adult situations, (i can just see the rush to alert Social Services when teachers read the 'what we did on holiday' essays).

It is also the potential damage and the effect on gay men in general being tarred with the pedo brush if reports of youngsters in gay agogo bars are made in local/international press. Anybody who lives in the real world should know that it's nothing whatsoever to do with western-guilt, it's about what is appropriate and what is not, boys below 18 in bars is most definitley not appropriate! It doesn't take much for that 'pedos' tag to arrive and tar all customers of gay bars so why encourage it. There is no reason whatsoever for youngsters to be in bars, it's naive beyond belief to suggest, as one dim poster has, that it is 'quite right' they sould be allowed.

SlaveDriver
April 5th, 2012, 10:41
Whatz your point Mr. NIrish Guy? You claim to be 43 so what? What has that to do with this topic. Dont get emotional and personal ....... life is too short for that ha ha ha ha.

Do you live in Thaialnd? Do you own a business in Thailand? You just travel once a while in an year and you want a place to stay. You have the money pay for what you need. Don't lecture to others how they should run their business.

Assuming you are from Ireland or from the western part of the world I am sure you are well positioned to understand how businesses are run. Things are chaging so fast and if the businesses don't change with the time they will end up in bamkruptshy as some of the countries have gone under.

So enjoy your holiday. There are lots of choices for you, because you pay the money and let the people run their business based on their ability. In other words let us shut up and mind our own business ........ holiday, have fun, enjoy and get back home.

Now let us bring this topic to an end and party :party

April 5th, 2012, 14:38
...let us bring this topic to an end....

Let's bring it to an end when you've answered my question.

:laughing3:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 5th, 2012, 19:23
hey george..who give a f**k if it's gay or straight ??..if it has Russian backpackers !!! :bounce:

I was in the Royal Cliff lift once and a pack of Russian tennis players got in and looked me up and down like a was a piece of dirt..I went weak at the knees.

Don't be fooled by those looks...

(disclosure..my Granny was Russian and as mad as a meataxe)

April 5th, 2012, 23:19
i do still after so many posts find it strange people who go to thailand find pleasure in russians ...
why not go to russia ... theres loads more there than in thailand ...
and im sure if you pop a pvt to latinpox he can give you many many addresses of stations parks etc etc of where you can pick up drop dead gorguss boys for less than the price of a vodka shot.

lonelywombat
April 7th, 2012, 06:26
What intrigues me is that Ambience advertises on a lot of websites but NEVER NEVER on any of the gay boards ANY of their specials.

It makes a lot of sense to me that they should come onto Sawatdee and advertise their half price specials. Not only would they get a crowd in the coffee shop, patio and BBB but it would bring life to Boyztown again.

They could get a free listing, pay if it gets too many ads. Makes sense to me, but such is life.

bucknaway
April 7th, 2012, 07:12
There are more than enough gay hotels that focus fully on the gay Baht. If there is a hotel that wants to try something new than let them. Why wrestle with them to want our money?

April 7th, 2012, 19:21
Whatz your point Mr. NIrish Guy? You claim to be 43 so what? What has that to do with this topic. Dont get emotional and personal ...

Firstly I would point out that it was YOU who brought up age by mentioning about if the "old" guys here didn't like the direction of ambiance they should go somewhere else etc andni I was merely pointing out I'm 43 and not old so YOU shouldn't be do quick to assume you know the possible clientele of the hotel or this board perhaps - and there was nothing emotional or personal about my comment, I was merely correcting your incorrect asscertions.

"Do you live in Thaialnd? Do you own a business in Thailand? You just travel once a while in an year and you want a place to stay. You have the money pay for what you need. Don't lecture to others how they should run their business."

I don't how many times I come to thailand in a year matters ( several though for the record) so unfortunately as it would be my money the hotel would like I would imagine they should actually take note of their prospective customers views. And if you read my original post no where was I telling anyone how to turn their business and I clearly stated it was up to them to chose their direction and good luck to them in that etc but added that if didn't like their direction I simply wouldn't stay there which as a customer is my absolute right to decide I believe.

"Assuming you are from Ireland or from the western part of the world I am sure you are well positioned to understand how businesses are run. Things are chaging so fast and if the businesses don't change with the time they will end up in bankrupt s as some of the countries have gone under. So enjoy your holiday. There are lots of choices for you, because you pay the moneyt the people run their business based on their ability. In other words let us shut up and mind our own business ........ holiday, have fun, enjoy and get back home."

I understand better than most lately and more than you could know the pressures of modern business and my original comments stand that I personally choose not to give my business to organisations that try to play both sides of the gay / straight fence - even if for their own necessary business reasons.

Now let us bring this topic to an end and party :party[/quote

Wow so telling us / me to shut up in one sentence and then telling us / to stop stating our thoughts or opinions, I'm not quite sure that's how the Internet works, even If you'd like it too, but hey good luck with that. Lol

Oh and one other thing - its been mentioned that some with an interest in hotel may have posted here re this so just for clarity would you like to confirm that that wouldn't be yourself and that you've no financial interest or otherwise in the hotel and then we'll both be clear of each others agenda - as I'm happy to confirm that I have no axe to grind against the hotel, the rooms seem fine, the prices seem good - and my only comment like all others on thread were solely in realation to it actually still being a "gay" hotel or not these days and owners apparently wish not to confirm or deny that on their own website even - so I think the question as posted by the original poster was an reasonable one and the question still stands - is the ambiance still a "gay hotel" or is it now more catering and aiming their marketing at the straight market ? - and I have to say if you are connected to the hotel in anyway you're lack of just being honest about such a basic, which I think we would all understand, does nothing to help your case in convincing me anyway to stay with that particular hotel in the future.

April 7th, 2012, 20:46
I think we all know exactly who Slave Driver is.

joe552
April 7th, 2012, 21:03
You could be right, scottish-guy, but how many do you think give a shit? :dontknow:

sing_lofty_sing
April 8th, 2012, 05:38
Wesley are you bloody sure dude!!!!! Due to the managment friends of yours went to prison so you say.
Well let me tell you boyo the 2 Swiss managers there are great guys and im sure they would be very interested in your statement.

April 8th, 2012, 06:42
You could be right, scottish-guy, but how many do you think give a shit? :dontknow:

Probably none - in fact not even me!

But it's good to get things out in the open

:occasion9:

Neal
April 8th, 2012, 10:20
Wesley and others. The management as discussed earlier has changed and was taken over by several gay people that I know as well as one straight guy.
I understand both sides of the coin. n area that is trying to stay alive with the lqack of tourism as well as many people who want ot be in an exclusively gay hotel. Let's not talk about past management or past events and start throwing accusations this way and that, ok?

lonelywombat
April 8th, 2012, 12:37
There are more than enough gay hotels that focus fully on the gay Baht. If there is a hotel that wants to try something new than let them. Why wrestle with them to want our money?

I strongly disagree. It is not only the health of the hotel but I feel there is responsibility to the "GAY" area The fact they will offer 60% discounts to sites like Agoda but not mention the GAY Area details staggers me.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/patt ... views.html (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/ambiance_pattaya_hotel/reviews.html)

Deluxe superior rooms $76 special rate $30

De Luxe superior room $103 special rate $41

A VIP has stated he will die first before the Boyztown sign is removed from the street corner. Why does he not talk to the new Ambiance owners for special gay deals, to be advertised here.

My suggestion is to look at the latest gay map of Boyztown and consider the flow on impact ,of a full gay guesthouse. Think of the cash flow as well.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... -boyztown/ (http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/boyztown/map-boyztown/)

anonone
April 8th, 2012, 18:01
I have never stayed in the BT area, so have nothing of importance to add to this thread.....
Except I wanted to say how good it is to see "da Boss" posting.

Hope you are feeling better Neal.

UncleTom
April 8th, 2012, 21:55
A VIP has stated he will die first before the Boyztown sign is removed from the street corner. Why does he not talk to the new Ambiance owners for special gay deals, to be advertised here.

1. Maybe the new owners are not gay
2. This site promotes Agoda so members of this site can book the Ambiance and other hotels and receive the discounts that you mentioned in your post lonely

Neal
April 9th, 2012, 00:55
I stated above that and know that there are three owners and two are gay and one is not but is gay freindly. The managers and many of the staff are all gay. I lived in the Ambiance for 10 years or more and am sure that the ONLY reason they are advertising this way is to try and attract more customers in order to fill the hotel.

markie1
April 9th, 2012, 03:17
Yes Neal every time i stayed at the Ambiance you were there ,mostly sat on the terrace ,with a handful of sexy guys by your side.
I Believe its owned by the two swiss guys ,the slightly older one that always has a bottle of chilled white wine and his slightly younger partner,and i believe there is a straight guy involved ,although may be wrong.I personally stayed there on ever trip to thailand ,liked the location ,staff were ok ,well some of them. things changed in the last couple years boyz boyz boyz went down hill when they did the revamp ,and to me it was never the same ,so i changed hotels .
Glad you are feling better Boss,and here is to a full recovery

Neal
April 9th, 2012, 06:59
No the older Swiss with younger partner and white wine is a permanent resident like I was. I will not comment on their game plan as we all have our own opinions as to what and how to do it. You are almost certainly correct that things changed and that is why the entire management changed, You can't help but the entire atmosphere to change with it. I only comment on the comments that they are not a gay friendly hotel. They hired the manager from the Tarntawan in Bangkok to run the place when the Swiss gentlemen took over management and I believe they did this only because of economics.
I do wish them all the luck in the world and still do go over for meal. I know and respect the owners and managers and that's all I wish to say. Sometimes we do things and it just doesn't have the outcome we had hoped for or maybe it does. Give them a chance and know in their hearts tat it was not an anti gay thing. Good luck Slave Driver and group, I am pulling for you!

a447
April 9th, 2012, 15:57
I arrived at the Ambience an hour ago. Still looks pretty gay to me! Been spruced up a bit,too. Now they have sofas in reception and are feverishly repainting as we speak. No straights in sight - yet. If straights booked not knowing it waz in the middle of a gay area, they' get the shock of their lives. I assume many would move out immediately.

Neal
April 9th, 2012, 16:11
oh Yes!! Thanks for reminding me a447. I was very pleased to se all the new things they had done to the place. Very nice indeed and I think Marcus and Michael and staff should be commended on all their efforts!

latintopxxx
April 10th, 2012, 10:49
really don't care if straights want to make use of gay popoular facilities....lately have also found heaps of them at Malaysia hotel...love seeing the expression on their faces when they discover they've wandered into a nest of shirt lifters...like the credit card add says..."priceless"...

Wesley
April 10th, 2012, 12:21
no real names and NO the rumour is not true he leases Boyz Boyz Boyz. I ask a question only! he has to be as old as I am how can he still be doing drag. I do commend the new management if they managed to rid the place of the old way of doing business. Why leave one part of the negative image behind if you are trying to do a make over. Mind you, I am only asking questions AND criticizing no one one,only making some observations.Of course I am sure, Smiles would not dare come to my rescue and to throw me off the forum would serve no purpose . Are we to blindly ask no questions and if answers may be Libelous do we not have personal messages, an if so them there is a way to answer some questions without making it a scandal of any sort.

Patexpat
April 10th, 2012, 13:21
Jim retains a lease on BBB only - he has no connection with the hotel I believe.Correct Da Boss

witchhunt
April 10th, 2012, 18:05
DaBoss if Madam Jim advertises on your forum, and you know the new BBB owners well, why don't they advertise with you,

Surely you are doing them a big service, even more so than to BBB.

Why do the owners of the former gay hotels ignore this forum ?????

April 10th, 2012, 18:07
They don't ignore it - some participate under a pseudonymn (exactly like yourself darling)

witchhunt
April 10th, 2012, 18:10
OOHH do please tell us who the owners are that are posting to this forum. I can hardly wait to see you knowledge show up.

April 10th, 2012, 18:22
Sorry, I won't fall for that one.

Privacy Rule 3 Point 6.

witchhunt
April 10th, 2012, 18:44
Why post as if you know something, and just don't know anything at all.

Bullshit castle?

April 10th, 2012, 19:19
I think you must be one of the few who think/believe/suspect/know that some of the individuals you mention do not post here under a pseudonym.

You're right - I can't provide a signed affadavit from them to that effect.
My bad.

Also, rest assured they follow closely what is said on SGT as far as it affects them or their businesses.

lonelywombat
April 11th, 2012, 06:20
Lets get this clear. Ambiance is not gay? The owner knows the new owners of several years well. DELETED. NO FULL NAMES PLEASE!!! does advertise here as the owner of BBB.

SG hints knowingly that the new owners read this forum thoroughly to keep up with what is being said. Where oh where is the OWNERS OF AMBIANCE posts on staying at Ambiance.

Neal has stated he will allow free copy if it is not overdone.

SG as the authority of this board, will you please post links to where the owners of Ambiance have posted on this forum, in any fashion.

Neal
April 11th, 2012, 11:14
Let me try to explain this. BBB advertises as does Baan Saray. They are the one group of people. The Ambiance Cooffee Shop, massage parlour and Hotel are another set of people. While I cannot provide a full set of affadavits I too think at least one owner or manager post on this forum under another name.
I have approached them for advertising and I have been advised soon but not at this time. are we done here as Tom Cruise would say?

Wesley
April 11th, 2012, 12:50
[quote="Wesley"]no real names and NO the rumour is not true he leases Boyz Boyz Boyz. I ask a question only! he has to be as old as I am how can he still be doing drag. I do commend the new management if they managed to rid the place of the old way of doing business. Why leave one part of the negative image behind if you are trying to do a make over. Mind you, I am only asking questions AND criticizing no one one,only making some observations.Of course I am sure, Smiles would not dare come to my rescue and to throw me off the forum would serve no purpose . Are we to blindly ask no questions and if answers may be Libelous do we not have personal messages, an if so them there is a way to answer some questions without making it a scandal of any sort.[/quote= I would not have use dhim name since I forgot it, unless I had seen it in another post nearby.

You saw a first name but you posted a first and last name!! Da Boss

Wesley
April 11th, 2012, 12:52
oh Yes!! Thanks for reminding me a447. I was very pleased to se all the new things they had done to the place. Very nice indeed and I think Marcus and Michael and staff should be commended on all their efforts!
real names I assume

note: listed at the bottom of the page his name and what he does.

Ambiance Hotel - Jim appoints handsome Swiss Manager c&p

a447
April 11th, 2012, 12:58
Well, I can report that Ambience is, in act, no longer exclusively gay. I saw 4 Chinese girls and 2 hetero couples checking in yesterday. Also you can now hear girls'voices throughout the hotel, especially early in the morning as they return from the clubs, etc. Still, doesn't bother me. Live and let live. Still plenty of gay clients out on the verandah.
The restaurant is great and the outside seating has been upgraded. There are new toiletries in the bathroom, too.

Neal
April 11th, 2012, 16:06
Wes, if we missed something in earlier post, someone could have hit the report post button. I cannot always see everything all the time!

joe552
April 11th, 2012, 16:12
DaBoss, that'll be because you have one eye covered all the time 555

Wesley
April 12th, 2012, 08:34
Boss, I mentioned in another post, that I would lay off, Why carry someone else's baggage around. I have enough of my own left over problems. I can let it go especially since Quill has nothing to say about it all or I have not seen anything from him since back on the board but once. I you and I draw lines in the sand at the same places. if you say there okay there okay. Likely I will still stay at two guys though when I go. I like the location. Boys town is a bit too front and center for me. I really am not all that comfortable with straight guys around but that is just me. We all have made mistakes, me more than a few. I have no good reason for throwing bricks at people I don't know. But I see there are many that are not too happy should that change my time there might change. If those that have no vested interest in saying its okay then I might be willing to change my venue . I enjoyed it the month I stayed there way back when and before there were issues. maybe it could be the same again.

a447
April 12th, 2012, 16:52
Wesley, the Ambience is great. Since you were last here it has been renovated and is almost bordering on being "classy.' Well, a bit of an exageration.
Sure, there are some Asian straights staying here but you don't really notice them. Most of the clientele is still gay. I've taken boys up in the lift many times and never encountered a straight person. If I saw a straight couple enter the lift, I would just walk up the stairs.
If there are ├пssues"I certainly haven't noticed them.

a447
April 12th, 2012, 18:01
Is that remark aimed at me, Lonely? I assume it is.

In what way am I ""the expert??" ├Лxpert"on what? The gayness of a hotel? Surely, you jest!

And why is "front" needed to ask if a hotel is gay? It's hardly a difficult question. And what business is it of mine if they are no longer gay? That's their choice of how to run a business, not mine. I can always vote with my feet.

As for not advertising on this forum, I thought Daboss had already canvassed that issue.

Judging from the number of inaccurate posts you've made about businesses in Pattaya over the years you obviously don't have the front to ask questions so as to get your facts right.

April 12th, 2012, 18:02
....It sounds to me they are looking to find a new market....

Absolutely correct - and it's probably bourne out of necessity rather than choice.

If the place was packed with high-spending, pink-pounders, at full/high tariff - why would they be marketing themselves on cut-price hotel websites?

lonelywombat
April 12th, 2012, 18:25
A447 you might feel that DaBoss has done the hard work. Good for you. But he is not the only one. A lot of work has gone in that you have not been asked to put in your opinion.

No I do not take any commission for any work I do.

April 12th, 2012, 18:37
Scottish ...You were not in the conversation.

....A447 ....you have not been asked to put in your opinion...

If you want a conversation - I'd suggest you go to PM IF you can find anybody that wants to have a conversation with you.

This is a discussion topic, and one which was not even initiated by you - and you now have the cheek to try to dictate who may comment on it?

:dontknow:

a447
April 12th, 2012, 19:16
Lonelywombat wrote:
A447 you might feel that DaBoss has done the hard work. Good for you. But he is not the only one. A lot of work has gone in that you have not been asked to put in your opinion.

No I do not take any commission for any work I do.

Lonely, are you having one of your moments again? Your post makes no sense at all. A lot of work has gone into what? And why would my opinion count regarding that "work, whatever 'work"you are referring to?

And whoever mentioned you taking commissions? Where the fuck did that come from? Certainly not from me.

Scottish-guy wrote:
This is a discussion topic, and one which was not even initiated by you - and you now have the cheek to try to dictate who may comment on it?

Lonely, we are free to post whenever and (almost) whatever we want . No-one needs anybody's permission to post or to join a conversation.

April 12th, 2012, 19:44
Gentlemen stop this bickering right about now. Take it to PM.

This topic has been going downhill fast the last couple of days. Enough , locked

Sorry I w2 out of 3 owners are still gay and if they take in some straight people it is out of necessityas very ill today and late. I agree edited deleted and agree that the post was a necessity. To say that a hotel is not gay because it needs to make a profit and take on and advertise to some other clientele is bullshit. I go there for dinner sometimes, I see the customers and it is still a wonderful place to stay. Period!
I say again, many of the staff are gay, the managers are all gay,