View Full Version : Songkran in Pattaya

April 1st, 2012, 09:05
GRRRR after specifically booking the end of my trip to coincide with my leaving the day after the last day of Songkran I've just discovered ( and in case it matters to anyone else) that the main dates that are used ( 13th - 15th) aren't the dates that are celebrated so much in Pattaya as they tend to hold their celebrations later and right up to the 19th I believe :-( GRRRR

Oh well as I've never been before I'm guessing that even if I'm there earlier there will still be enough water getting thrown about to entertain me as I'm guessing that the novelty of all of that will wear thin after all of about ten minutes and that after the second bucket of water getting tipped over my head it'll just be an effort to remain smiling each time ! However as someone on here told me that I should definitely experience it once I booked it.......mind you the same person then told me AFTERWARDS that they don't leave the house for 3 days as they can't abide it !! lol ha ha so, roll on the 13th then it seems, one way or the other ! :-)

April 1st, 2012, 09:49
Well the 13 - 15th is are the wild days in Bangkok but the wild days in Pattaya are 17 - 19th. Counting on having a very good time and experiencing it will not be the same if you arrive in Pattaya before that date. kind of like dipping your big toe in a swimming pool and thinking you are going to feel that cool water feeling all over. Nope!

That's disappointing that you will not get to experience the true Songkran and I might try and pursuade you to change your departure date to include the 19th in Pattaya.

As far as your freind that likes to stay in for 3 or 4 days or go away during those days, well I certainly understand it. The first two years I liked to play. Had some wild times and I don't regret having joined in the fun but then after several hours and several showers, it can get a bit trying on your nerves especially if you get dressed up for a nice dinner out or even a dry dinner out!

I was often told that most of the Thais call it quits at 6pm with the water. not sure if all do or just many of them but you can always count on the fact that the falang disregard that rule 100%. They think it is a joke and the more you try and avoid them, the more you are a target for them. I remember going down Soi 2 many years ago to a local restaurant with freinds. Did not want to chance walking more than 2 streets and came across in my path a few tourists in a group. The one woman had one of these barrel type water guns and amazingly enough I quickly saw that she had lowered it and aimed it right at me. Quickly pushing up to her (it was about 7:30pm) I told her if she dared so it I would smack the dog crap outta her. She decided it was not a good idea and walked away all dismayed that she did not get to shoot the fat man going to dinner. I actually got there DRY!

Well those days are in the past and I worry about slipping falling and really injuring myself as because of the diabeties and nuropathy, I could really get hurt, so I stay indoors and as far away as I can. I have freinds coming the 16 & 17th and we will go out to dinner but I will make sure my truck is locked and no side trips! Just to the restaurant. After all, I remember that they even open unlocked occupied car doors and drench their victims!

Remember many bars are closed the night of the 19th for Songkran so that may well mean the 8th, 9th, 10th and 19th and I hear there may be a day of elections in Pattaya so the who freaking month is screwed! :banghead:

April 1st, 2012, 16:58
Neal, you are living the life of Riley, no money worries, running your own whorehouse, living the dream, and getting screwed round the clock, and you're moaning about possibly getting wet?

Please provide a bleeding heart avatar so I can use it - this one is not sufficiently sarcastic

:nud: :nud:

Neal
April 1st, 2012, 17:17
At your request!

April 1st, 2012, 19:23
That's disappointing that you will not get to experience the true Songkran and I might try and pursuade you to change your departure date to include the 19th in Pattaya. ...........Remember many bars are closed the night of the 19th for Songkran so that may well mean the 8th, 9th, 10th and 19th and I hear there may be a day of elections in Pattaya so the who freaking month is screwed! :banghead:

1) Ok, I'm a sucker for a good sales pitch, flights now changed to enable me to stay until the 22nd :-)

and

2) I can't BELIEVE you've actually talked me into going on holiday to a place where they're closing the bars for 5 days !! that's UNHEARD OF for me - so please, just remind me never to walk into a second hand car showroom if you're the salesman there as god knows what pile of junk I'd come out with, after you having just relived me of my entire life savings for the pleasure ! lol

colmx
April 1st, 2012, 21:00
Don't worry Nirish the bars won't all be closed on the 19th... but they will be bereft of boys!
Usual situation is that most boys don't sleep much at all on the night of the 18th...

18th day time - most people go to Naklua for the Songkran party there...
Then head to the Issan Concert from 20.00--1.00 in Central Pattaya
Onto gay or str8 disco till 04.00am
followed by Walking street or beach party till 08.00am
3-4 hours sleep before starting the carnage again around 12.00 midday on the 19th!

In previous years it used to be that everyone would gravitate towards Jomtien on the 19th.. but last 2 years everyone gravitated towards central... and there was not much action at all in Jomtien... this was mainly down to the one way system that the police introduced in Jomtien

Everything quietens down around 19.00 on the 19th so its time to hit the bed.... and then rise again at 01.00 again for the final foam party in Dave Manclub!

joe552
April 1st, 2012, 21:48
jeez, colmx, I'm exhausted just reading your post :sleepy2:

April 1st, 2012, 22:06
Thanks Colmx, you've just perfectly planned my intinerery for me in one simple post ! :-)

colmx
April 1st, 2012, 22:56
Thanks Colmx, you've just perfectly planned my intinerery for me in one simple post ! :-)
If you are in Bkk you should check out Khao San road on the 13th
And silom on the 14/15th

By the way a songkran tip for you:
If your airline gives you those foam ear plugs.... Take them with you after your flight (and take your neighbours if they don't use theirs!)
When songkran starts keep one of them in your left ear when riding a motorbike or even when walking the street...
It will help prevent your ear drum from bursting when some farang shoots directly at your ear canal with one of those water pipes!

BTW Don't put them in both of your ears or you will not hear peoperly and may have an accident...

Neal
April 1st, 2012, 23:01
and put your mobile phone in a condom and tie it closed. You can talk and hear but now it's waterproof. Supposedly.

christianpfc
April 2nd, 2012, 03:49
Take the earplugs anyway, you can use them in discos (at least I usually do so).

Are there condoms without lube? I only know condoms that are wet, does the lube harm the mobile phone?

martin911
April 2nd, 2012, 06:58
Yes i noticed that also Colmx re the Jomtien / central thing --def a shift in crowd towards beach road C !!!!

Central last april was soo much fun -- i was only there in the evening (we had spent all day in Jomtien right on the Police box corner )

but the crowd that was jammed into the C Beach side was so big

there really loud music being played and there was 2/3 big fire type hoses and they were cont spraying us back and forth ---- and the crowd was going crazy to it

Mainly a young crowd --all wet,happy slippery thais -- the crowd was soo tight at the front( it took 30 min to get out and back )---- ( to get out to toilets was impossibe ) and the nearest toilet was the beach from what i saw -(central was closed ) --
so most of us if we wanted to pee (lot of sing/ leo going down ) just did it as we stood there !! --i didnt believe N when he told me thats what most guys were doing --al fresco style (one of dear beachys old expressions i think )

so as the saying goes "when in Rome" OR in this case "when at Central Pattaya for Songkarn just pee freely where you stand " --its not as disgusting as it sounds --the volume of water that were coming from the fire hoses meant you were constantly being drenched so it was all washed away !!

I can just hear you thinking G -- not to stand near Martin at central 555
but as i said ALL were doing it
and it kinda kept you warm also !!!!

martin911
April 2nd, 2012, 07:06

Silom is a lot of fun but a mixed crowd -soi 4 of course is crammed with gays --but for a FULL ON Gay only crowd -- go to Ot To Kor (Fake /RED clubs )
Its an only gay crowd -- and its quite simply mad --thousands of gay thai boys !! !! the testostorone in the air !!(and last year when silom stopped playing Songkarn -- it played one more day) !!

colmx
April 2nd, 2012, 07:07
I can just hear you thinking G -- not to stand near Martin at central 555
but as i said ALL were doing it
and it kinda kept you warm also !!!!

Haha My BF has been telling me to do that for years... but I just can't bring myself to do it!
Must have been my strict irish toilet training!
And it seems i simply have to be holding mine for it to come out!

martin911
April 2nd, 2012, 07:45
No G its Waaay more fun to hold the one belonging to the cute guy (s) that will be surrounding you :laughing3:

And even more fun to do it with your boyfriend standing beside you oblivious to what you are doing -- although he might be well doing same !!-- --and if we ALL were doing it -- the mind boggles - a new type of possible sex "train" :party

i wonder if it might be worthwhile ringing the man at the GB records to see if there might be a record to be broken on this topic -- :dontknow: :bounce: