PDA

View Full Version : how cum I cannot Post is there a technical blimp?

Rob33
March 29th, 2012, 18:22
So want to join the lovely sun oiled bodies on the beach but no one will let me Howwwlllllllll? :hello2:

Rob33
March 29th, 2012, 19:04
To get started I see things have become a bit complicated, we may not post exerpts from BankokPost and then happily discuss them? So we may post links to BP and happily then discuss them? I dont think though I suspect this issues has already been and gone that they have the legal right to impose any such thing. Of course I will not attmpt mentime :party to do otherwise being such a law abiding fellow.

jinks
March 29th, 2012, 19:09
You have to wait and get your first few posts approved.

Thereafter you can run amok, until they get fed up with sensible posts.

Jomtien beach, near to The Bondi, Sat next week = OK

MiniMee
March 29th, 2012, 19:30
how cum I cannot Post is there a technical blimp?

There is a blimp, but he's not very technical.

March 29th, 2012, 22:48
how cum I cannot Post is there a technical blimp?

There is a blimp, but he's not very technical.

Ouch!

colmx
March 30th, 2012, 03:31
Sounds like Leoploh and Narak have come out of hiding now that jinks has retired and they think the coast is clear!

DaBoss you are in for a treat! :party :party

newalaan
March 30th, 2012, 20:52
Sounds like Leoploh and Narak have come out of hiding now that jinks has retired and they think the coast is clear!

Thankfully all their time seems to be taken up with Baht-stop duties as 'they' must account for more than half the posts there, however we could do with the occassional visit from another Baht-stop stalwart, Nurse Nancy to prick a few egos here now and again with her blunt Yorkshire charm. But as Colmx hints at, i wonder if jinks's retirement might attract back any 'interesting' former members or even 'new' members/handles.

jinks
March 30th, 2012, 21:19
i wonder if jinks's retirement might attract back any 'interesting' former members or even 'new' members/handles.

Be very careful what you wish for. Since I left there are over 300+ non-persons registered just for the backlinks to their spam and sales sites. To see them click on members and then click "date joined"

Dick
March 31st, 2012, 06:31
Interesting to observe that to fill jinks's boots, daBoss has recruited one new moderator and is looking for two more.
Careful jinks... two helpful informative posts in one thread? Ah! Got it, you don't have to live up to the perceived image of a moderator anymore and remain invisibly tight lipped.

Rob33
March 31st, 2012, 09:15
Call me a dumb darkie (blonde James blonde actually) but how would anyone know if Mr Jinks was retiring unless it was aired on the BBC world-service. And there is I see an Elephant Spike (these should be outlawed shudder) to keep the "Bhat stop" in line anyway.

Is this site in a constant state of flux or have I simply joined at a rather interesting time. All this talk of how things were etc. Has there been a successful coup or military crack down or both? Which? :crybaby: And I just joined, am I in danger of it having a last fizzle before it splutters its last.

I see all the galleries are empty but listed? Someone break in and make off with all the valuables?

Smiles
March 31st, 2012, 10:26
" ... Call me a dumb ... have I simply joined at a rather interesting time ... "
Interesting times or not, I suspect (greatly!) that you've already joined ~ in other times ~ many times more than once, under many different handles.

But, do carry on ...

Rob33
March 31st, 2012, 11:43
What on earth kind of trouble could have caused this kind of fear on a forum. This is the second time..............

I pray its not a regular invasion of bigotry or anything boring I just cant be bothered anymore to be honest.

Im not sure if Im meant to be flattered or not, I have never been a member of this forum and Im not Narak or Leoploh ?

There :love7:

March 31st, 2012, 17:49
" ... Call me a dumb ... have I simply joined at a rather interesting time ... "
Interesting times or not, I suspect (greatly!) that you've already joined ~ in other times ~ many times more than once, under many different handles.

But, do carry on ...
do you have that line, lined up and ready to use for every new member snarles ??

colmx
March 31st, 2012, 18:14
BriThai... you and Da Boss are still relative newbies here ... But i think you will very soon realise why all the veteran posters on this board are so suspicious of new posters...

This board regularly goes through phases where a schizophrenic poster goes into over drive and floods the board with "fun" conversations between all his manifestations... Usually this all ends up requiring an exorcism to get rid of him... but like all good horror movies the bad guy always manages to survive for another sequel!

Now that Leoploh and Narak are back... its only a matter of time before Granny, Bossie and all the other wonderful characters from the past re-appear from their pandoras box... Prepare for a rollercoaster ride!

Rob33
March 31st, 2012, 23:27
Well I just read Jinks's last post or three and they are informative.

Apparently Smiles was once the fat controller and never having completely lost his addiction for moderating keeps having prolapses.

This must be a bit of surprise for new posters, just a bit. :crazy:

Im from a veterinary background no problems at all.

Anyway Smiles as a founding father of what looks like a very decent and long running (I think I saw some posts from early 2000 as related posts??? Someone called Edith) site is worth being venerated surely. :notworthy: :salute:

I would be interested to know how long this forum has actually been in existence as Sawatdee?

Rush, Yet Again
April 1st, 2012, 00:55
Guess what other handles I've posted under over the years . . .

Interesting that.

Your тАШor threeтАЩ must be a fairly large тАШorтАЩ since jinx hasnтАЩt mentioned Smiles in eons.

LetтАЩs see: a new poster manages to mention Beachlover (whoтАЩs been AWOL for several weeks), resurrects Homintern (who died in one manner or another a few years ago), highlights Elephant Spike (who has moved to the technical end of things and would not appear to a major player to a new member), and ferrets out and Edith (from even before my time). All within his first two days of posting.

Sounds like you could answer your question of тАЬhow long this forum has actually been in existence as SawatdeeтАЭ better than most of us could, Rob33.

Jinx! Troll! Could you please do something about this fake? Oh . . . wait . . . damn!

Dodger
April 1st, 2012, 01:36
Smiles wrote:

Rob33 wrote:" ... Call me a dumb ... have I simply joined at a rather interesting time ... "

But, do carry on ...

Brithai Wrote:

do you have that line, lined up and ready to use for every new member snarles ??

No, I believe Smiles reserves that line for whenever a troll shows up.

Rob33 is a just another fly-by-night troll...a hydra no doubt...returning from the past to entertain during his very short stay.

April 1st, 2012, 19:39
ive read many of the old posts from many of the old posters ... seems no one has been a patch on beachy .. tho he may well have been half of the nutter mentioned ..
i find a lot of what they wrote rather whitty .. lets see how things go with the new/old nutters ... i could be fun as you say .. and it sure beats the so called wit of some of the posters using the board at the moment .... not including myself of course

jinks
April 1st, 2012, 20:42
Jinx! Troll! Could you please do something about this fake? Oh . . . wait . . . damn!

It helps if you spell my name correctly. I happily am totally unable to do anything about this or any other problem.

I will sit on the sidelines, look and maybe laugh a little.

francois
April 2nd, 2012, 00:51
I do like rob33's avatar of a young, hot guy on a beach. Reminiscent of you know who.

christianpfc
April 2nd, 2012, 03:41
I liked Rob33's first avatar much more, unfortunately it was in poor resolution.

Rush, Yet Again
April 2nd, 2012, 04:23
It helps if you spell my name correctly.
Sorry jinks, I went with the Americanized version.
:tongue3:

Rob33
April 10th, 2012, 21:29
It helps if you spell my name correctly.

Yes who are all these upstarts anyway?

I didn't mention Pearl of the Orient at all??? I just happen to like a little background to a forum. Its all there for all to see shudder.

Poor thing no doubt thrown out as a "fake troll" just for trying to make an honest living the only way they knew how.

I wonder what the fishes think of the sad skinny bones rolling backwards and forwards fathoms deep on the floor of Wellington Harbour?

Wesley
April 11th, 2012, 12:18
[quote=

Anyway Smiles as a founding father of what looks like a very decent and long running (I think I saw some posts from early 2000 as related posts??? Someone called Edith) site is worth being venerated surely. :notworthy: :salute: [quote= Indeed it is noteowrthy

I would be interested to know how long this forum has actually been in existence as Sawatdee?[/quote]his has been going since Pattayagay forum ended after this forum started up because of perceived lack of freedom to post what ever they liked. Smiles began it then shortly after pattayagay found a boyfriend, He Now passed away Pattaygay was the beginning of it all, found a boyfriend and shut his end of it down after most followed Smiles and some other forum owners now like Bhat stop. For mr it was a sad time since I backed pattaya gay to run a forum as he sees fit if he is the owner living there. Living there the rules are different as to Libel and some could never understand its not Canada or America. The Aussies petty much just enjoyed the rancor that followed for a long time. I posted as another name. Finally when things calmed down I started to post under my old handle . Then some glitch messed up my handle and I had to re register in 2006. But I was here at the beginning. I thought Smiles to be a friend for a long time until I posted something that pissed him off about a brother that passed away from something I had no ideas about. He is pretty touchy about how he died and has right to be. I had no idea when I posted what I did I thought what I posted was funny but not to him. part of it was I did not fully understand the ramifications of the post. It looked like I was making fun of people who died with that particular disease. it was an honest mistake and I Hope Smiles will forgive me for it. having been Married for sometime. There was much about Gay life I did not understand at the time. I really came out in Pattaya, until then I pretty much never went to gay bars of any kind. Then there in Pattaya I found freedom. I didn't waste much time letting everyone know I was gay after that My wife being the first to find out and my sister and thus all my home area was abuzz it. Now happy am I. I have a bf in the Philippines and have ha him now 2 years. My record with a man was 8 years he was killed in Kyrgyzstan a Muslim country in the middle of a coup. I don't know for sure but likely because he was my lover and Muslims don't care to much for that kind of thing.

So for the boss that is basically my history, Thanks to Jinks I went to Thailand, i still stay in touch with him and he me. Not a lot but enough to know he is there if I should need him. if something serious happens to me likely Jinks would be notified. I am not sure anyone else has my private email. There are others that I check occasionally but only one I use in MS. Outlook for business. I would say there are others that do have my address in such occasions as needed I do contribute to special needs situations when there is a kid that is sick. Often if they have it they catch it from white guys that refuse to wear condoms . Some one that is hungry. or wants a cell phone will do things they should not. I personally think owners should provide the boys with condoms. Its like protecting your investment in the guy. Right now I have no reason to go. I have a 25 year old Chinese Bf who takes care of me and loves me and I him. I would not see any need to mess that up over a boy. However under certain circumstances he lets me play a little. Vacations are one of them as long as he is not left and unable to keep face if I run around on him around his friends. Smiles is happy also with is guy although I am not sure if he is Monogamous with him or not . None or my business, I would think. I did post a lot of information about the Philippines and about Gay Romeo, so many on here joined after I posted it I got a free plus account for 5 years. The post is still back there some where. I have no idea where or how to bring it up but if you join using my ID I get a free 100 days free. So if you plan to join use my ID. So, Boss that is all you need to know about me. Smiles will fill you in on all the bad side of me. My spelling and grammar sucks, but cataracts and although I have had operations, I still have trouble seeing the red line when there is a mistake. I use Firefox especially for that reason.

Be sure to spell Jinks name correctly. he is funny about that as you can see, but he is a goo man, he put up with a lot of junk from us guys for a long time.

Neal
April 11th, 2012, 15:59
Oh gosh Wes you leave so much to respond to and yet I still have trouble seeing!
What do i say except I try many times to get close to and be friendly with Smiles. I know he is the original founder of this board and I try very hard to respect him but all in vain.

Out of respect for Smiles I tried in my first month or so to let him know who I was and not the original DaBoss and why. I thought we bacame friends and he did some very special things knowing who I was and for the board but I promised him I would never say what he did.

In the months following my purchase of the board, smiles freedom of speech but curtail fighting differed from his view and mine. The moderation with regard to flaming and in-sighting arguments just was too much and violations of the Rules and Guidelines was often but disregarded by him as I don't know, maybe he felt they did not apply to him as the founding father. I really don't know. He said a few times that he likes the clawing biting and arguments. Well, I don't.

Smiles, if you ever read this I say on this public forum that there is a spot in my heart for you but my vision of your forum in not appreciaited by myself or many many of the members, maybe it was during your time but I have seen membership growing steadily and not just spam and I see many old members return. I see advertisers and a few donations from members. You never had anyone but my other comapnies "want" to advertise on this board as the reputation was unexplainable.
That's all I want to say and I will not follow this up because my non-relationship with this gentleman upsets me.