PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

May 16th, 2006, 14:32
DELETED

May 17th, 2006, 02:16
I don't know what it is about recruiting sales people in Thailand, but it ain't easy!

This is a capitalist society...so it all depends on how much you re willing to pay :bounce:

May 17th, 2006, 09:08
DELETED

May 17th, 2006, 13:42
[quote="John Botting":2kc1gelk]I don't know what it is about recruiting sales people in Thailand, but it ain't easy!

This is a capitalist society...so it all depends on how much you re willing to pay :bounce:

And that all depends on the person and skills/experience hence it wasn't stated. And I have had no problems with recruiting other staff positions, just sales people.[/quote:2kc1gelk]

That tells me you need to pay sales people more than you pay "other staff"...perhaps a lot more.

May 17th, 2006, 16:28
DELETED

May 17th, 2006, 17:15
Is there any Real Estate jobs open for farang there? And if so how does it work as far as commission compared to here in the US? I am a realtor here and was wondering the differences as I am considering moving there and would still like to work.

lonelywombat
May 17th, 2006, 19:40
That tells me you need to pay sales people more than you pay "other staff"...perhaps a lot more.

That is the way in the west. My sales staff earnt several times the average of those in the office.

It comes back to skills and capacity to generate income to pay the drones in the office.

Without good sales people you dont have a business.

May 17th, 2006, 21:31
... he only came on here to advertise for staff and gets lots of agro, sorry John

American Teacher-old
May 17th, 2006, 22:43
JB,

I think your benefits package greatly outweighs the average offer of salary benefits from a falang to a Thai worker in Pattaya. I am sure that once you find the right candidate -- he/she will appreciate your investment in them and be very productive and loyal for you.

I will certainly pass the information along to those I know -- and I wish you the best of luck in finding the right person.

Fondly,
Chris

May 18th, 2006, 01:26
for your wise words.

I pay the going rate plus offer many additional benefits not recieved elsewhere. However there is a major lack of sale people in Pattaya due to the amount of real estate projects/agents in town.

you are paing only "going rate"? why are you not paying more than going rate to attract talented sales people?
"additional benefits" are great, but it is not cash, not something that someone can put in pocket and spend.
don't forget the basic principle of "supply and demand". If the demand is greater than supply, then you will have to pay more (sometimes a lot more) to get the supply. If you can not afford it, perhaps you need to re-exam your balance sheet of your bussiness. Maybe you simply can not afford to run this bussiness and compete with others.