PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

jinks
March 26th, 2012, 20:25
The inmates can now run amuck.... Goodbye.

I am unable to comit suicide .... !

The board won't let me.

March 26th, 2012, 20:33
Is the Bacardi offer screwed then?

:hello2:

Neal
March 26th, 2012, 20:59
On behalf of the staff of Sawatdee Gay Thailand and Forum, we are sorry that jinks has decided to move on and will always remember the years of dedicated service he gave the forum the majority off my watch and some time on my watch. Good luck.

March 26th, 2012, 21:10
Yes,

Good Luck, jinks

And keep your pecker up (which I'm sure you will!)

:love4:

bao-bao
March 27th, 2012, 00:52
I hope it's not for health reasons, jinks, and I wish you the best with whatever you choose to fill your time with from here on out.

This is certainly not the forum it was before the name change, and that's not to denigrate the worthwhile members who have stuck with it through the turbulent times - it just is. As Smiles and some others have done I've given up on it ever returning to its old splendor, but I do check in every so often in hopes that it still might... although I'm not holding my breath. There's so rarely something I feel compelled to join in on that I don't think I've logged in for months now. I hold no ill will towards SGT (hell, I even walked by to say hello to Neal a couple of times this past trip, but he wasn't in either time) but I feel more at home away from it, for the most part.

A forum is a forum, and a business is a business and rarely can the two be effective as one... and I doubt many could argue it takes a special team to keep it on an even keel. I wish it well, naturally - and with a few of the fake flooders at least having the mind to post under new names it stands a chance, but only time will tell.

I disagreed with some of your moderating, jinks, but I truly do wish you well - and thanks for your many efforts here.

Dick
March 27th, 2012, 01:04
As a member of the rank and file I'd just like to convey my appreciation to jinks for his perseverance, and a thankless job year on year well done. That said, his early retirement does come as a surprise!

joe552
March 27th, 2012, 01:19
Sorry to hear you're leaving, jinks. Wish you all the best.

ceejay
March 27th, 2012, 02:01
Thank you, jinks, for everything you have done for the board over the years. The best of luck to you, and I hope you'll drop by from time to time to keep in touch.

Rush, Yet Again
March 27th, 2012, 04:32
Blah, blah, blah, blah .. .

Nice of you to take the time to drop by and bitch a bit though - nothing like spreading a bit of cheer, huh?

March 27th, 2012, 04:39
"the old splendor?"

Seems to me that the only thing missing here is LMTU and many 1000's of the posts from Beachie. A few have also gone that were good such as yourself and and a few are gone that do nothing but fight and instigate fights but this is not a thread about that, this is a thread about saying thank you for the years of unselfish assistance jinks has given to the forum and not a private political platform to shoot their horn, as we see more newcomers registering and a lot of oldie people returning because the fighting is over.

So say goodbye to jinks and good thoughts which is all we really want to hear.

PS Looking for some new uncontroversial moderators like Butterflyforever. Please PM DaBoss

Neal
March 27th, 2012, 04:55
Thank you, jinks, for everything you have done for the board over the years. The best of luck to you, and I hope you'll drop by from time to time to keep in touch.

I expect he may as he is still a member and a welcome one at that! Daboss

joe552
March 27th, 2012, 05:14
DaBoss, if you are looking for a new moderator, it might be worthwhile explaining what is involved - in terms of time, technical abilities, etc.

travelerjim
March 27th, 2012, 05:14
Great job jinks...Much appreciated!

I wish you well in all you do.
Get Out & Smell the Roses, While You Can!

Take good care,
tj

Dodger
March 27th, 2012, 05:21
Jinks...I will miss you, and thank you so much for all your contributions to the Board for so many years.

When Smiles first created this phenomenom it was a wild place to visit...just the way I like it. So many of the untameable have disappeared and I miss them as well...all of them. Evan those with venom dripping from their razor-sharp finger nails added substance to what was once a majical chemistry of misfits and maniacs which I feel certain can never be duplicated. Over moderating this majical brew would have ruined its chemistry -which is something you (Jinks) never made the mistake of doing.

You, Spike, and Smiles all deserve the credit for that phenomenom and I will always remember what it was like to sign on to the original Board - not knowing what to expect - trying to avoid it - closing both eyes and leaping into a discussion - and ultimately becoming submersed in it. Thank you all so much for those majical moments.

colmx
March 27th, 2012, 06:03
Thanks for all your efforts over the years jinks!

Hopefully our paths will cross on our respective forthcoming trips and we can meet up for a drink!

Might even drag you along to Dave and step-up... if you can bare to be away from Jomtien complex for long enough! :party

Smiles
March 27th, 2012, 08:21
Wow jinksy, you've been around a long time!
Holding a hard-on for Sawatdee that long ~ what is it, seven or eight years? ~ indicates a stamina indeed. More than mine :blackeye:
I never really agreed generally with jinks's 'philosophy' (if that's the proper designation) regarding message board moderation, but it should be said that he was the quintessential minimalist ~ opposed to my inherent blabbermouthist ~ when it came to crunch times. We had 'intertesting' long distance telephone conversations, back in The Days ... him in Birmingham, myself in middle British Columbia.

I suspect there are Things Behind which we shall not know ... at least not publicly.
Now we have the before-everything-entrepreneurial Neal ~ unfortunately, perhaps ironically, re-branded as 'Da Boss' ~ and time will tell if that's a good thing. Frankly, it's hardly encouraging for the Board's inner soul that Da Boss advertises for a new Mod with a come-on line which almost worships blandness: " ... PS Looking for some new uncontroversial moderators like Butterflyforever. Please PM DaBoss ... "

Take a good care, Mr jinks.

RonanTheBarbarian
March 27th, 2012, 14:49
Best of luck jinks!

Moderating a board is a thankless task and, despite all the complaints, I think it is fair to say that you were one of the more popular of the gay Thailand board moderators.

(I think "least unpopular" is usually the best accolade as regards message-board moderation. It is a tough field!)

And also you have been personally helpful to me, of course, one one particualr issue for which I thank you again.

Ronan

aot871
March 27th, 2012, 18:29
Maybe the venue wont get mentioned so much now

jinks
March 27th, 2012, 20:01
I might not be moderating but I am still around.

And maybe, just maybe, I can read what I want and IGNORE whom I choose.

I will be At The Venue next month.

All invitations valid.

P.S.
Whosoever is now doing the tech stuff, please remove the "mod" icon.
If Gold is going that would be a nice.

martin911
March 28th, 2012, 04:20
Wow jinksy, you've been around a long time!
Holding a hard-on for Sawatdee that long ~ what is it, seven or eight years? ~ indicates a stamina indeed. More than mine
I never really agreed generally with jinks's 'philosophy' (if that's the proper designation) regarding message board moderation, but it should be said that he was the quintessential minimalist ~ opposed to my inherent blabbermouthist ~ when it came to crunch times. We had 'intertesting' long distance telephone conversations, back in The Days ... him in Birmingham, myself in middle British Columbia.

I suspect there are Things Behind which we shall not know ... at least not publicly.
Now we have the before-everything-entrepreneurial Neal ~ unfortunately, perhaps ironically, re-branded as 'Da Boss' ~ and time will tell if that's a good thing. Frankly, it's hardly encouraging for the Board's inner soul that Da Boss advertises for a new Mod with a come-on line which almost worships blandness: " ... PS Looking for some new uncontroversial moderators like Butterflyforever. Please PM DaBoss ... "

Take a good care, Mr jinks.

LOL you can be a right bitch when you choose !!!!!!
-- mabye you should consider changing your poster handle on SGF - to something more apt than "smiles" !

moany old fart is still available i believe !!!! :laughing3:

newalaan
March 28th, 2012, 06:48
LOL you can be a right bitch when you choose !!!!!! "smiles"Oh I'm sure there's a smiles-style compliment in there somewhere Martin.

Disappointing to see jinks leaving. I always have appreciated the time and dedication (in a 'better the devil you know' way) from a longtime board fixture and as such will be a sad loss indeed. In all it's failings and pluses the SGT has always been a great resource for info and an enjoyable place to visit now and again and without stalwarts like jinks I suspect would not have existed for so long.

I never really agreed generally with jinks's 'philosophy' (if that's the proper designation) regarding message board moderation, but it should be said that he was the quintessential minimalist ~ opposed to my inherent blabbermouthist
Whilst often 'at odds' (slightly understated) with some of the moderation decisions myself, jinks could well have interjected on much greater level if had wanted to, but many times resisted and was 'in sync' with Elephantspike and the 'minimalist approach' all to the boards greater benefit (in my opinion). Legal issues and necessary intervention aside, while i'm sure many won't agree, the less moderating on a forum of anonymous handles in a cyberspace world where only 'words' are exchanged the better and more interesting it makes (for me anyway).

All the very best (small j!)inks.

Impulse
March 28th, 2012, 08:28
Thankyou jinks!

martin911
March 29th, 2012, 00:32
NewA

There possibily might be a compliment in his style as there you say --but you would have to wade through all the negativity (like most of his posts ) to find it !!

Brad the Impala
March 29th, 2012, 03:20
jinks kept the board running with ES for a long time, for which much appreciation is due. I certainly had disagreements, regrets, I've had a few, but I don't think this board would still be here if it wasn't for jinks, or indeed smiles or now neal/daboss/justme. Kudos to all

ikarus
March 29th, 2012, 06:43
Jinks is a true gentlemen who moderated a gay Thailand message board (frankly, almost impossible task)with tolerance and common sense. For many years I am on this board ,I communicated with him only once (just asked to preserve some material for HIV resources in Thailand which he , by the way, did putting them on now nonexistent storage forum) which , in a sense, illustrate his non intrusive style of moderation. To the best of my recollection, he censored only one my message and I still remember it. Basically, I wrote about certain people who are looking for safety under (quite concrete) enormous ass and he, quite tactfully, removed the word "enormous".
People like him usually have many friends and happy life. Good luck!

Khor tose
March 29th, 2012, 10:09
I might not be moderating but I am still around.

A good-bye is never painful unless youтАЩre never going to say hello again. Come back often Jinks.

Rob33
March 29th, 2012, 17:09
Oh this is so sad and I haven't even found an avatar yet.

jinks
March 29th, 2012, 17:43
You can sent pic's in PM's I can make it like an avatar and send it back.

I still like the board to look good.

See you all next week.

Rob33
March 29th, 2012, 18:11
Thanks Jinks what service, dont worry I ontop as ever. I will update my avatar to include myself on the beach, meantime this is a very good like me.

Jinks Im so glad I caught this historic moment. Yes, a new erra, can we realy run amok? :party

Ooops just testing Ya ha ha ha. :evil4:

jinks
April 1st, 2012, 20:08
As you wish, u2u.

BKK arrived safe off to Koh Samui in the morning.

The Venue from Friday 6th.

krobbie
April 3rd, 2012, 02:38
As you wish, u2u.

BKK arrived safe off to Koh Samui in the morning.

The Venue from Friday 6th.

Jinks you lucky bigger. I don't arrive until 27th. Will be in BKK. Do you still have same phone number?

Cheers
krobbie

Monty-old
April 7th, 2012, 00:15
Sorry to see you stop keeping the board under control.

I was glad to see you tonight.

Koh Samui Luv
April 7th, 2012, 15:57
Sorry to see you stop keeping the board under control.

I was glad to see you tonight.

I have, as I told you, taken over the Corner Bar in Sunee Plaza.

Opening to be announced.

You've bought it! Then moments later, the deal has fallen through. If it's fallen through, and that after you had paid the money and signed the contract, why are you telling people on Gaybutton's site to contact you if they want to buy it? And that you'll help run it. This is as strange as it gets, even for Thailand.

I mean if it's all hush-hush, why discuss it to begin with? Why not wait until you are up and running. Over on GayButton the original news said you were opening this coming Wednesday. My head is spinning.

Wesley
April 8th, 2012, 05:27
Goodby Jinks, gone not forgotten, you have my main email and I get some nice stuff from you often. Be sure We all in some way regret you leaving, not being sure what will take you place, at least you were consistent.

I do miss the early days even Pattayagay was fun and led to this one. I remember when I was much more fiery and less likely to take a lot of BS win or lose the argument meant nothing to me in those dayz and not a lot now either.

I am sure at this pace things will not return to the old shoot em up forum it use to be, I can say I do miss that and it was fun to read and casually join in occasionally.