PDA

View Full Version : Gay Events Promoter Needed!

bucknaway
March 26th, 2012, 04:05
Yep, Thailand needs a good Gay Events Promoter! Here in Philadelphia, when a holiday is approaching and the bars may be closed, a party or several parties are put together for a social event.

I don't know if it would be possible to have a night time party on the beach, or a nearby island with ferry service to bring new people and return others to and from the main beach area.

All the bars that want to participate could do its part by either selling food, providing entertainment, doing a fashion show or selling legal juice drinks and letting others know that the party fun is BYOB if that is legal.

Hell... IF that is too difficult, than why not have a street party where the bar service is suspended but the bars are open as if to get traffic from guys who maybe have never set foot in their bar before and use it as a way win over new customers?

If it is a Election holiday, it can be a street party with a theme of "Get out the vote" or something. Maybe offer coupons for every juice drink sold they will get a 50 baht credit for the next night in the bar when alcohol can be served...

It just seems a shame that when the bars are closed, the gay fun comes to a crashing halt.

March 26th, 2012, 04:19
Yep, Thailand needs a good Gay Events Promoter! Here in Philadelphia, when a holiday is approaching and the bars may be closed, a party or several parties are put together for a social event.

I totally agree actually, many other Cities ( or at least promotors in those cities) do this regularly to actively encourage and keep alive gay tourism to their resorts ( Siteges, Barcelona, Berlin etc etc), these can take the form of themed fetish events or just huge gay party weekends with all the gay bars and clubs joining in as you describe) and all are great fun.

I think the trouble is that Thailand work on the basis that people will come anyway so why bother, however as we've all witnessed over the last few years for many reasons that "guaranteed" business is no longer as guaranteed perhaps as it once was and with the one HUGE important thing that Thailand has on tap ( amoung other things of course) that other resorts do not have (i.e. the boys) perhaps this is something that I feel would definitely be a success if taken up - but of course I doubt it will ever happen, so meanwhile I'll just go and have my own parties and make do with that I guess :-)

Patexpat
March 26th, 2012, 15:47
These ideas whilst may be technically legal, would still incur the wrath of the local police who at times try to out do each other in terms of showing respect for the various establishments here ...

March 26th, 2012, 17:00
....It just seems a shame that when the bars are closed, the gay fun comes to a crashing halt.

It does?

There are certain bars in which (if you know them and they know you) one can have a great time drinking out of a coffee mug - and as for horizontal refreshment, that avenue of pleasure never closes, it just moves to the end of a telephone or on to the street.

:occasion9: