PDA

View Full Version : New Dubya distraction

May 16th, 2006, 09:41
Fazed by falling poll numbers, Bush has at last decided to respond to the calls of those who see the Mexican border as a homeland security issue ... by deploying the National Guard, whose resources are already stretched by another Bush "homeland security" issue - the war in Iraq. Will they be allowed to arrest illegal immigrants? No. How long will they be there? One year, until yet another federal force can be trained and deployed. Best quote of the speech - "For decades, the United States has not been in complete control of its borders."

Meanwhile, along the Canadian border ...

May 16th, 2006, 09:55
I must disagree with you, Hedda old girl. The best quote from the speech was clearly Bush's rebuff to Uncle Pol Pot, aka. our very own Texan, boygeenyus
Bush called for a civil debate. He said Congress should note that "every human being has dignity and value, no matter what their citizenship papers say."

May 16th, 2006, 10:14
As I was about to say, dear - Meanwhile, along the Canadian border, Corporal Smiles is driving a jeep with Colonel Coyote on board.

Bob
May 16th, 2006, 10:21
Oh Hedda, dear, that comment is just so smurfiliciously funny. Smurftastic! :clown:

May 16th, 2006, 11:56
Keep looking, dear. One of these days I'm sure you'll find a sandbox where the other kids will play with you. Too bad no one came to your own sandbox...

elephantspike
May 16th, 2006, 12:40
As I was about to say, dear - Meanwhile, along the Canadian border, Corporal Smiles is driving a jeep with Colonel Coyote on board.

I thought that jinks was the driver?

Dick
May 16th, 2006, 14:22
Elephantspike:
"I thought that jinks was the driver?"

What you might call black humour?

elephantspike
May 16th, 2006, 14:33
Jinks is black? Really? I had no idea! :blackeye:

Smiles
May 16th, 2006, 19:31
The Colonel?! Driving me?? What an honour :cheers:

I had heard (about town) that he was 'velly big' and so was quite anxious on the first drive. But he was fine . . . a good fit ... and always opens the back door, for little me.

Cheers ...

Bob
May 17th, 2006, 05:52
The Colonel?! Driving me?? What an honour :cheers:

Well, I heard you were both rear-ended while driving together. Thank god (or buddha) the car wasn't hit.....hehe.