PDA

View Full Version : 90 Days

Nabaat
March 21st, 2012, 19:12
Living here on a Retirement Visa, but leave for small holidays every 40 days or so. Question, do I need to do a 90 Day report?

March 21st, 2012, 19:24
There is an O and an OA retirement visa. One you got in your home country and one you got in Thailand. Both need to report every 90 days BUT what they told me at the immigrtion/passport control stand when I used to come in and out every 60 days was that when you RETURN to Thailand it is the same as reporting. That being said, if you don't want to report you have to come IN again within 90 days after the last time you came IN. If you came in last time on March 1 and your next trip you come in again on June 2, then you are a few days over the 90 day reporting and you need to report prior to when you leave.

zinzone
March 22nd, 2012, 12:14
OP:simple answer. If you are on a retirement visa but leave the country before your 90 days is up, then no need to report to immigration as the 90 days then starts afresh when you return to Thailand.If you leave the country before that 90 days is up then the same principle applies etc etc.
Anyway you should go to Thai Visa Forum to post on that web site and get your question answered . They have experts on that forum.

Neal
March 22nd, 2012, 12:29
Yes, you had better check that out and please report back to us because that is not what the immigration officer told me at the Bangkok airport.

2lz2p
March 22nd, 2012, 13:00
The requirement for 90 day reporting is when you have been in Thailand for 90 days - thus, when you leave, the clock starts at day 1 when you return and you are required to report your address if you stay 90 days. Leave before then, no report required. For most of us that don't leave, the report is due 90 days from the last report.

The Pattaya City Expats Club has current information on their website in the Visa & Immigration section. This section was recently modified and updated. The section on 90 day reporting and re-entry permits can be found here: http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/Rentry_Address.pdf

That page also has a link to the Thai Immigration page on 90 day reporting - at the bottom of that page are some notes - one being
If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case. - that website can be found here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Neal
March 22nd, 2012, 18:30
Yes, I did not make it clear and jumbled my words as usual. Every time you come into Thailand it is a fresh and new 90 days. The problem that I saw here was that if he exited Thailand and then did not RETURN in time to get the 90 day stamp started all over again then he needed to report just before he went.

Gaybutton
March 23rd, 2012, 07:40
It's really very simple. If you have a long term visa, such as the retirement visa, you need to get a reentry permit from immigration before you exit Thailand. If you don't, then your visa becomes null and void when you return to Thailand.

Assuming you got the reentry permit, then starting from the date you return to Thailand, 90 days later is when your address report is due.

If you leave Thailand again before the 90 days go by, and you do that as frequently as every 40 days or so, then you might never have to submit an address report. The address report is required for anyone staying in Thailand for 90 consecutive days or more. Since you leave Thailand before that number of days, the requirement doesn't apply to you.

That's all there is to it.