PDA

View Full Version : Ballys Studio Suites Bangkok

mikesmith
March 16th, 2012, 17:29
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at
Ballys Studio Suites in Bangkok?

Feedback welcome...I am planning on spending a few days in Bangkok and
undecided where to stay. I am looking at Silom Area.
Close to the action.
The Tarntawan Place looks nice, as too The Ballys Studio Suites.

Many thanks for any info

topjohn5
March 16th, 2012, 19:00
I've stayed there and the rooms are small but good. The location is excellent if your looking for nightlife especially DJ Station, GOD, etc. You can actually hear DJ Station from some of the rooms, lol. It's right above and next door to the Burger King and right on the Silom BTS line.
No problem with joiners if your into that but I'd suggest registering a room for two as it doesn't cost more anyway.

topjohn5
March 16th, 2012, 21:19
By the way, be sure when you make a reservation that you make it at the right Bally's Studio Suites. There are two in Bangkok. The other one has Sukhumvit in the name and you want has Silom in the name....it's easy to book the wrong one.

mikesmith
March 17th, 2012, 10:03
Thanks Topjohn for the info.
I prob will be having a joiner so if I do stay there I will book a
double room.
I think the prices are very reasonable.
I do not require a large room as it will be probably only short stay
of 3 nights or so.

Many thanks.

March 17th, 2012, 10:11
I think the prices are very reasonable.

I thinking of going in the next few weeks Mike, what where are the rates there currently ??

mikesmith
March 17th, 2012, 11:32
Hi Nirish

the following are from

https://thailandinstant.net/front/App/B ... 2&x=52&y=9 (https://thailandinstant.net/front/App/BookingSearchRoom.aspx?HotelRefId=6a7ee85f-fbae-4944-b219-b1749a1d11d5&calenda=true&RoomTypeID=0&PackageId=0&ChkIn=24%2F03%2F2012&ChkOut=27%2F03%2F2012&x=52&y=9)

Superior Room / Single (1 person) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 1,550

Superior Room / Twin or Double (2 persons) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 1,550

Suites Room / Single (1 person) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 1,900

Suites Room / Double bed (2 persons) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 1,900

Superior Room / Twin or Double + 1 Extra bed (3 persons) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 2,000

Suites Room / Double bed + 1 extra bed (3 persons) Hot Deal Rates !! Room Only 2,400

I havent checked Agoda to see if they have a deal or not.

Facilities & Service

Coffee Shop and Bar
Room Service
Maid and linen service
LCD - DVD with sattlelite & UBC channels
Personal electronic safe in every room
Electronic door locks
24 hours security
24 hours hi speed internet access (free)

Hope this helps
Cheers

a447
March 17th, 2012, 11:48
Mikesmith, I will aslo be there in a few weeks time and was wondering if the place is too noisy.

mikesmith
March 17th, 2012, 14:39
Hi A447

I havent stayed there but topjohn5 has and posted a reply above to my initial enquiry.
he had stayed there and said was close to DJ Station and you could hear DJ Station from some of the rooms.

Cheers

newalaan
March 17th, 2012, 16:50
Mikesmith, I will aslo be there in a few weeks time and was wondering if the place is too noisy.
I have never stayed there either but I've booked it for the first couple of days of my next visit just to give it a try. So thanks to Mikesmith for the link.

Just think a447 if you book it too we might be there at the same time, we can have a face to face discussion on 'you know who' save all this time spent on posts. We could even check with Latin to see if his diary is free for a visit at the same time and maybe get some introductions going. Whatdaya think?

latintopxxx
March 17th, 2012, 18:28
what's wrong with the Malaysia..cheap(BHT 800) ..clean..friendly staff..no issues with overnighters...

newalaan
March 17th, 2012, 19:16
what's wrong with the Malaysia..cheap(BHT 800) ..clean..friendly staff..no issues with overnighters...I could be way out of line here as I never stayed there, but suggestions on various gay forums, and comments from many sources over the years indicate that the price reflects a hotel which is a bit of a dump. Very, very old, tired rooms, ancient, badly maintained and worn room furniture and decor, uncomfortable beds, and overall a tad depressing...not a place to enjoy 'holiday time' when you are looking to have an uplifting relaxing holiday experience in my opinion, 'friendly' staff or not. All non-4/5 star hotels have 'no issues' with overnighters, and even these 4/5 star hotels magically have 'no issues' either when presented with their hypocrite-cash (aka 'joiner' fees).

March 17th, 2012, 20:00
Thanks Mike, unfortunately no rooms left for my dates.....I really will have to get my arse in gear and book my Easter break something better than 3 weeks before Easter next year as it appears that other people also want to travel over the Easter period as well - Imagine eh !! lol

Oh and and just to save YOU looking (if you were) the Tarntawan when I last checked yesterday was about 2800 baht or so on agoda. But I have to say this whole entertainment places closing for 3 nights thing right over the Easter holiday weekend is seriously making me now consider going somewhere else other than Thailand. I'm currently looking at Rio and a few other places ( wow you think Bkk hotels are expensive just check Rio out - as someone else on this board once said about that they don't over charge you - they RAPE you !) so, we'll see I guess.

Enjoy your trip.

a447
March 17th, 2012, 22:09
Newalaan, meeting up in Bangkok? Sounds like a great idea. I'll try and get my dates together to see when I will actually be in Bkk. If I'm not there, I will definitely be in Pattaya.

Now that the bars will all be closed for the funeral, I may go to Phnom Penh, but just for those days. If the bars are open but just not selling alcohol, I'll stay in Bkk.

As for Latin joining us, can't see that happening! hehe

newalaan
March 17th, 2012, 23:11
Newalaan, meeting up in Bangkok? Sounds like a great idea. I'll try and get my dates together to see when I will actually be in Bkk. If I'm not there, I will definitely be in Pattaya.Now that the bars will all be closed for the funeral, I may go to Phnom Penh, but just for those days. If the bars are open but just not selling alcohol, I'll stay in Bkk.As for Latin joining us, can't see that happening! hehe
Didn't realise your in a 'few' weeks was a 'very few' weeks, as opposed to my longer 'few weeks', when i'm booked to come back in about 10 weeks.

If you were to return in June sometime I would be delighted to meet up virtually anywhere, only my first two days at Bally's, Silom are booked. If Latin was in Thailand as part of his globe trotting, around that time that would also be a great opportunity. Why I would even be delighted to give Beachflooder the chance to reveal himself to two trusted forum members, and once and for all scorch or confirm the doubts on this forum regarding his authenticity.

Beachflooder!! you often tell me I am one of your cosy little forum-favourites, surely two genuine long-standing members such as a447 and myself could not be regarded as stalkers. You would however have to slum it a bit from your highbrow eateries and fantastic five star living for a few hours, but i'm sure you could manage that. What possible excuse/reason could you have to refuse? I mean it's your own business you run, so time off should not be an issue, you obviously can afford it being ohso hiso, and just think! your wonderful salary-earning boyfriend/gig would no doubt be so desperate to see you he might even manage to support you if you are a bit short of funds at that time. Can't really see any way you could refuse or find a 'reason' not to attend, although it will be very interesting to read what you come up with this time, that's of course if you do have the 'time' to reply. Beachflooder????

Ballys Studios (I'd better mention them somewhere in the post for fear of off-topic accusations) would be ideally placed for a meet up, so close to DJ Station which Beachflooder knows so well, ideal hunting ground for old Latinpoxxx, and enough hands-on bars in Soi 6 to even keep a447 happy, add to that plenty of my favoured bar terraces in Soi 4 or Soi Twilight to sit an chat. Is it a date gents?

a447
March 18th, 2012, 17:36
Yep, count me in!

Nirish guy
April 15th, 2019, 23:00
So, talk about digging a post up from the past but here goes ......

So, went on to book my usual room at the Tarnatwan and horror of horrors they're all booked up for the dates I need ( how DARE they let my room to someone else even though I hadn't booked it nor told them i was coming :).

So, as I'm intending to stopping of in Bkk for 3 nights over a weekend in July on my way to Bali and Pattaya and will no doubt be spending 100% of time in the usual Silom haunts I was thinking that instead of Tarntawan that Bally's may well "do rightly" this trip ( hence my searching this old post for some sort of reviews).

So, as this thread IS over 7 years old now i just thoght I'd check in case anyone has any relevant update info re Bally's, I know there's talk of "can be noisy from DJ etc" but as I'll probably be in there anyway that isn't a problem. So, anyone any other thoughts ? I'm assuming joiners is 1005 non issue ( based on the traffic I see going in and out the doors when going in and out of the Soi beside it myself?).

If Bally's is for whatever reason a no go I'd probably fall back on The Rose, but the rooms can be small enough there and a bit hit and miss sometimes due to the design of the place.

Or if anyone has any other good ideas re any other options within close distance of "the bars" then I'm open to suggestions I guess - after I get over the trauma of not being able to book my precious Tarntawan - Which by the way I notice we haven't had any updates about lately either !! :-)

splinter1949
April 17th, 2019, 15:05
did you try for the Tarntawan apartments next door?
https://www.tarntawan.com/

Nirish guy
April 17th, 2019, 15:21
You know I didn't, never tried them, I was still in that much shock I couldn't book "my"" room my brian didn't process that Idea - oh and just for anyone else info turns out the Tarntawan will be totally closed for refurbishment on the dates I needed and is only taking bookings from the 11th of July onwards again, although my mate, who is a builder, actually nipped in to Tarntawan reception yesterday for me when in Bkk to ask in person were they REALLY booked up / closed etc and his exact reply was "god love anyone who makes a booking for the 11th July or anywhere near that as he doubts there'll be ready in time , but I guess TIT and things can happen fast when they want them too - or NOT.

Against my better judgement I have actually gone ahead and booked a deluxe room in Ballys for now ( albeit it cancellation possible if desired) and I figure as I'm only getting in on Friday evening and away again Monday morning it might just DFR as in reality that area of Silom IS where I'm going to be 90% of the time anyway.

But thanks for the link splinter1949, I will have a look actually just for my own info.

EDIT : Just in case anyone is reading for their own info later - the apartments were available for my dates and would have suited my needs perfectly. For info the cost was 1600bt for a studio Apartment ( approx £38pn ) and Ballys was a ( surprisingly cheap thanks to an agoda deal) for just 450bt (£35 pn)....no breakfast in either to enable like for like companion (by my choice but it is available in both).

I think for now personally in view of my timings mentioned above on his trip I'll stick with Ballys to give them a try as I've always wonder "just" how noisy if REALLY is so I guess I'll find out and is it not and cold running guys forming an orderly queue to meet when waiting to get in DJ ( he says hopefully lol)

Blacktouch
April 17th, 2019, 15:42
I have stayed at Ballys twice and found it ok. And I have brought back joiners with no problems at all. And at the desk there is only one staff on duty, so those that are shy you will be ok walking in the entrance with someone, and no questions asked. The location is excellent, especially if going to DJ Station. Not far to walk to the other gay places either.

The breakfast is nice, and its a buffet with a good choice of hot and cold food, and you can go up as much as you like, if your belly can handle it? Lol

You are also 1 minute away from the station, so whenever im in Bangkok, I will stay there.

Nirish guy
April 17th, 2019, 16:18
I have brought back joiners with no problems at all. .

Now THAT is the one piece of info I was hoping to read ! Whilst fully suspecting that to be the case after seeing a conveyor belt of guys coming and going from it many times to be sure I actually rang the hotel and asked the "joiners ok" question just to be sure and annoyingly got the "room rate for double room one person is 1500 - if two people extra 650 baht - I explained that no, it was a single persons booking in a double room but I would if lucky be having someone visit to discuss Thai culture in the early 1800 period ( so about half past six then :) and again the snotty receptionist simply responded - extra person 650 baht ! I'm guessing if I'd of booked a double alone and brought back a guest or two not a word would have been said. but for 650 baht I can do without the drama. But good to here they're relaxed about nocturnal educational cultural visits none the less.

newalaan2
April 17th, 2019, 18:45
my brian didn't process that Idea
Is this brian your butler or personal assistant by chance?

- Against my better judgement I have actually gone ahead and booked a deluxe room in Ballys for now ( albeit it cancellation possible if desired) and I figure as I'm only getting in on Friday evening and away again Monday morning it might just DFR as in reality that area of Silom IS where I'm going to be 90% of the time anyway.
While it has been over a year since I stayed at Ballys, previously I usually had a couple nights there at the start of Thailand trips to get acclimatised and for the couple of nights in Silom and found it an ideal option. Right on the doorstep of all the places I expect to visit on a short break and rooms/facilities are perfectly acceptable.

EDIT : Just in case anyone is reading for their own info later - the apartments were available for my dates and would have suited my needs perfectly. For info the cost was 1600bt for a studio Apartment ( approx £38pn ) and Ballys was a ( surprisingly cheap thanks to an agoda deal) for just 450bt (£35 pn)....no breakfast in either to enable like for like companion (by my choice but it is available in both).
Just to advise the Bt1600 for Studio is an all-year round rate, there is no difference between high-low season tariffs. The one-bed is also a reasonable priced option at BT2300 for Silom/Surawong as its very roomy and has the kitchen facilites as well (as does the Studio). Staff are excellent/very helpful, only odd thing about the place is that the main stairs only go down to 3rd floor, then from there to ground it leads only to a rear exit, so have to use the lift every time, prefer to use the stairs at all other times after the luggage has been taken to the room. Also excellent views around the area from the apartment on the high floors. Have booked a few nights here for next month at the end of my trip.

Nirish guy
April 17th, 2019, 21:14
Is this brian your butler or personal assistant by chance?.

Correct ! Some people have alexa, I have Brian, he's very cheap to pay but absolutely terrible at making hotel reservations it seems ! I'll have to see about having him replaced ! :)