PDA

View Full Version : Singapore to Kuala Lumpur by Taxi

May 16th, 2006, 01:42
Does anyone have any info on getting a taxi from Singapore to KL, not a bus, train or plane, a taxi. Because of borders wondered if one had done it and could they give me information if they have

May 16th, 2006, 08:48
... you would have to be quite mad. Only Malaysian taxis can carry passengers into and through Malaysia. You pick up a taxi (probably non-metered) at the main bus station in Singapore and negotiate a price. After that it's all AYOR

Relatively comfortable and inexpensive buses run frequently

May 31st, 2006, 12:19
SG taxis can as well take passengers into Malaysia, but only from dedicated spots in SG and JB. and there is even a FIXED rate for that. there is a mutual agreement between Malaysia and Singapore about that, though only special taxis who wait at those spots can do the run. not the common taxi. I am at SG and Johore Bahru frequently (actually been there less than 1 week ago) and there was a big newspaper report about SG taxi drivers who lurk around in the streets of Johor Bahru, trying to get passengers, and then even overcharge them..... but thats not the rule, usually its no hassle to take a taxi, the only thing is, u have to go to those departing-points both in JB and SG. as for SG, its next to the Lavender bus station, JB I am not 100% sure, but downtown JB is a small area, should be easy to find....
the other point is: indeed its nonsense in my eyes to take a taxi all the way to KL (probably u would have to go to JB by taxi first and then take another one to KL), as the KL-SG VIP-bus run in those 18- or 24-seaters is probably the most pleasant and comfortable way to travel in entire Asia..... I do it everytime when I go from KL to SG or vice versa, and its just great.... and dead-cheap as well, but thats another story....