PDA

View Full Version : Sad Findings In Sunee Plaza

thenorthguy
March 13th, 2012, 19:39
Have just finished my tour of Thailand, back home now ready to report on my trip, but before doing that I should report on a sad thing I saw in Sunee Plaza.

Two old falangs wandering down the soi as regular as clock work each night...slowly arriving at the door they open it up, wandered inside turning on the lights and thinking what will be business be like tonight...the misery painted across their face was priceless. I could not help myself but go inside and have a look for myself....omg...they even looked sadder as the night rolled on....it was the same each night..

I can now report, imagine a Go Go Bar with few boys and no customers night after night....why does this place stay open, maybe they would be better to just not unlock the doors....

March 13th, 2012, 20:07
This is where the "dream" of retiring to the "land of smiles" and buying a bar, meets reality.

As you say, sad and depressing.

Of course, my bar will be fresh and exciting and packed every night!

:occasion9:

Dani69
March 13th, 2012, 20:34
Which gogo bar would this be then ?

DO NOT ANSWER THAT. That would not be a review but possibly a libelous comment. Reviews are one thing and can be acceptable. The above cannot. DaBoss

pennyboy
March 13th, 2012, 21:20
I just don't understand the post.
Did the 2 old farang own the bar? If not why did they have to turn on the lights?
This bar was so bad that you went every night just to see the face on the 2 old farang?

topjohn5
March 13th, 2012, 22:27
LOL...Preemptive moderation...I've never seen this before....my my my we are powerful aren't we....so, so unnecessary...exactly what cannot be tolerated in the pre-crimes unit sir?

francois
March 13th, 2012, 23:45
Topjohn; you used to be a nice guy, what happened to you since returning to the forums? DaBoss did the right thing and for good reason.

basabajo
March 14th, 2012, 00:09
Not really sure I understand the original post either.

I don't know Pattaya well, but I didn't think the gogo boy bars are owned / managed by farangs?

topjohn5
March 14th, 2012, 00:31
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree Francois. Sorry if you feel I'm not a nice guy, lol....It's not a personal attack on you Francois, so why attack me personally?
I think that a preemptive, pre-crime as it were moderation is just way to heavy handed...it's my opinion and just that, an opinion. If he doesn't like someones comment he can delete it AFTER they make it....not before they make it, lol....it's like the thought police....

gerefan2
March 14th, 2012, 00:49
I don't know Pattaya well, but I didn't think the gogo boy bars are owned / managed by farangs?
In theory No.. in practice Yes, under a nominal Thai.

sing_lofty_sing
March 14th, 2012, 02:42
I agree with Topjohn. Yes this is over moderation i say name the bar so we can all pile arround there and cheer the guys up.
God Daboss lets stop stamping down on these posts and have a free board. I think a good few dozen of us turning up at this Sunnee bar would be just the tonic for a couple of sad guys......party time with the boys is what i say.
I would also get up on the stage with the gogo boys and get them to sing along with me " Land of hope and glory" whilst doing my famous strip show, mind you i always keep my Piff and ammo boots on they never come off.

March 14th, 2012, 04:08
To be fair (and no disrespect to "thenorthguy"), DaBoss has to consider the possibility that the story of this bar having no customers and few boys night after night - may be either UNTRUE or INACCURATE

And even IF every word is true and completely accurate, he will not want to get into a legal argument should the owners deny it's true and accurate and sue him! It would be very difficult if not impossible to defend - and remember, in such cases you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

I am certain that DaBoss has previously received threats of legal action over previous content on SGT - so there's a real possibility (whether he wishes to confirm this is his business).

Consequently, he does not want the name of the Bar identified publicly on this forum - seems fair to me.

If you want to go round and cheer the place up - simply PM thenorthguy for the name of the bar - what could be easier :dontknow: :dontknow:

:party

bucknaway
March 14th, 2012, 04:25
When I was there I found that I could not depend on some of the bars in Sunee to stick to their posted hours of operation. A few times too many, I left one bar to go to another bar to find the door locked, lights off and staff heading in every direction on their motorbikes. It got so bad that I had to drop some of those bars when making my plans for coming nights of bar hopping.

Neal
March 14th, 2012, 04:31
Thank you SG for enlightening the rest of these "oh we are being over moderated" posters to light but you know as I do that they already understand the legal ramifications of naming names first and then wondering how many hours it will take to get the bar police around to see if in fact it is true or not and then how many dollars it will take to defend a libel suit and how long. They care not about the cost of defending a suit not to even mention if the other side drops it or not! Just to defend. o if you don't like me saying not to mention the bar by name? Tough!

joe552
March 14th, 2012, 05:23
I think thenorthguy is being a bit dramatic here. How does he know they will be "thinking what will business be like tonight". "The misery painted across their face was priceless" what does that say about the OP?

A realistic and honest review of a bar or restaurant is always welcome, but this post is less than useless.

francois
March 14th, 2012, 12:34
Topjohn, it was just not in your character to say something like "my my my we are powerful aren't we..." which is a personal put down of DaBoss. As other posters mentioned, the description of the two owners of the un-named bar by the OP was just an opinion/observation and not necessarily true or valid. There was no need to identify the bar and the owners to cause them embarrassement.

And yes, I should have not been so harsh in my words to you.

March 14th, 2012, 13:11
I do not visit go-go-bars on a regular basis, but over the last year I've seen lots of bars (on Sunnee and in BoyzTown) with just a few boys and even a fewer number of customers.
Host-bars and beer-bars are well frequented, but gogo-bars.

Is the concept running out of ideas maybe?

Geezer
March 14th, 2012, 13:26
One grows weary reading posts written by someone (who has nothing to lose) castigating a moderator for not flirting with Thailand's defamation laws. It reminds one of a fight in an elementary school yard where spectators (who risk nothing) urge pugilists to "go at it".

Any board member feeling the moderator is unduly circumspect is free to moderate his own board. Let him face the risk of legal and extralegal retribution.

Manforallseasons
March 14th, 2012, 13:59
I too walk by a Go Go bar often and my impression is the same, it seems rather crazy to me but who knows?

March 14th, 2012, 16:48
I can only speak from my own experience and it's clear to me that (whilst there may be growth in overall tourist numbers to Thailand? I don't know) as far as the number of tourists in the "gay" areas of BT and Sunee is concerned, the numbers seem drastically down on even 5 years ago.

At the same time, expats do not seem to frequent the gogo bars in the numbers they did before - perhaps preferring to avoid off fees and high drinks prices - or simply seeking a more casual experience - by utilising the likes of Gay Romeo etc. This is where I agree with joseph44 - many former gogo customers have tired of the gogo offering and have bypassed it - and I doubt they will be back.

Less tourists + less expats in gogo bars = fewer earning opportunities for the boys = fewer boys = fewer customers and the cycle of decline begins until we reach the current state of affairs where some gogo bars in BT and Sunee are more or less empty most nights. The more basic bars who offer nothing except gogo tend to be the strugglers whereas those which run shows and promotions seem to scoop up what remaining business there still is.

In an odd way its maybe a little like the effect the smoking ban in the UK has had on pubs - the basic drinking dens have closed down as the hard drinkers (who tended to be smokers too) have stayed at home - whereas those bars which offer more than "spit and sawdust" have survived.

The message to "basic" gogo bars seems clear - adapt or die.

There is one more thing I would add (an again this my own opinion only) - in the past many gogo bars were owned by "characters" and one of the reasons for going there was that the owner was a bit of an "attraction" himself. Nowadays with very few exceptions, many owners resemble po-faced ex-accountants with plenty of cash (presumably) but (certainly) zero personality.
In some of these bars you are made to feel about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
Now, before my post is attacked by the usual suspects, I know some people only go to gogo bars to pick up and don't give two hoots about anything else - but that's not me and I'm giving my own opinion.

:occasion9:

Dani69
March 14th, 2012, 17:20
I too walk by a Go Go bar often and my impression is the same, it seems rather crazy to me but who knows?

Ah maybe a hint here .. :hello2:

MARK
March 14th, 2012, 17:43
Interesting post for me especially as one of two people that walk through Sunee Plaza most night to keep an eye on my business but as I am only a mere 47 years young sure it could not be me although got to admit my partner in crime can look a miserable old git especially at the ripe old age he is reaching.

But again a lass could not be me as I have only opened the door of my business twice in the past 12 months thatтАЩs what staff are for, ah! But I do open the main lighting as the Thais are frightened of such a big fuse box so it could be me.

Also as we are entering the low season after not that much of a fantastic high season the staff are thinning out could be me again, But alas not I think as we have customer every night and maybe just maybe we had one that came in last week just to feast his eyes on us the owners or just maybe he really like the staff we do have and just does not know how to express it could not think of any other reason a customer would visit a club or gogo bar each night.

March 14th, 2012, 19:02
isnt it strange how we lament the sadness of certain go go bars .. beer bars etc etc having a bit of a hard time ...
now i dont know if its just me ...but i think if you look at any high street in britain ... probably the rest of the world too ?
you will have noticed there are shops bars clubs closing everyday ... i do belive the world is still in a recession ... could this be anything to do with it ?? and the likes of certain posters who just stick their heads round curtains then walk back out dont help much !

Jellybean
March 14th, 2012, 20:26
Actually Scottish Guy, I thought your post was a fair summary of the general situation in relation to the present state of the go-go bars.

I am, for want of a better expression, a semi-expat and live in Thailand for about 6 months of the year. IтАЩve been in Bangkok now for about 8 weeks, but IтАЩve not yet been to a go-go bar. And during my previous 3 month visit I only visited three bars in one night during the whole of that period. This is at odds with my previous behaviour where I was a regular visitor to the bars in Bangkok and Pattaya. In past years I also made the effort to fly up to Chiang Mai or down to Phuket, but itтАЩs been a few years since IтАЩve visited either of those places.

As you said, there are other ways of meeting guys these days, most notably sites such as Gay Romeo (or what is now called PlanetRomeo), where I meet new guys and where guys whom IтАЩve met in the past get back in touch. I keep meaning to pay a visit to the bars and have promised one of my exs that IтАЩll drop into his bar one night before I return to the UK, but I feel no sense of urgency to do so.

But in the 7 or 8 years IтАЩve been visiting Bangkok I really donтАЩt think the bars have changed the way they operate and I canтАЩt think of anything that theyтАЩve done to encourage new customers. All that I see thatтАЩs happened is that the cost of the drinks/show, the off fee and the cost of the boy have slowly crept up.

And, I donтАЩt think it is possible to discuss this subject without at least a passing reference to the world economic downturn and the poor exchange rate, at least in relation to the GBP against the Thai Baht. I have certainly done a lot of belt tightening in the last couple of years and I would imagine it must be roughly the same for many expats in similar financial circumstances.

billy2bs
March 15th, 2012, 00:28
Oh I don't know. I cannot see how it is very different from one of us describing our visits to the LOS. I went to bar such and such and it was boring and uninteresting and dull and pretty empty. But then i walked 50 feet and strolled into XYZ and it was the best place anywhere. But then I do not own a board and have to worry about such things. If you are the owner then it is yours to decide.
See yas all soon.

thenorthguy
March 15th, 2012, 09:44
Some interesting comments, thank you. I have no intention of naming any bar.My comments were a observation, which i guess could be considered very subjective in others eyes. My rules are simple what goes on tour stays on tour.

March 15th, 2012, 10:25
Just a question: IF I visit a gogo-bar, I'll sit down, order a drink and then I'll be looking around for things on offer.
Sometimes I see potential customers enter the bar, look around and go away without sitting down or order a drink.
I think that it is a bit insulting, but maybe it isn't.
What are your thoughts about it?

March 15th, 2012, 10:34
Most bars tell potential customers that they can take a look If they don't like what they see, they can go without a drink.
Insulting? No. Kind of crazy? Yes. Bars like mine have many boys that work on rotation and peeking in and then turning around and leaving only will allow the person to see only a fraction of the boys there and what is going on but up tp the person.

MARK
March 15th, 2012, 11:11
Morning Joseph itтАЩs a good question as a bar owner you would like every person that walks through the door to buy a drink well almost some customers you just do not want in but thatтАЩs a different subject.
I have found over the past 8 years there are a thousand reasons why people do this the four main ones are,

1 The bar its self looks to quiet :dontknow: .
2 The bar is too busy :party .
3 The amount of boys or there style is not to the customers personal taste :sleepy2: :3some: :binky: :angryfire: :drunken: :bis: .
4 Music is too loud :nud: .

Do I find it insulting no I would rather they left if they know in there heart that they are not going to have a good time, But I have the utmost respect for some one that is not sure but takes the time to buy a drink have a proper look round and see what little gems appear on to the tables.
A go-go bar is not something you can judge on a quick glance through a door in my opinion things change from minute to minute hour to hour places fill and empty on a constant basic and as for the boys well they are Thai and they pop up and down like flyтАЩs round a honey pot or a 20bht note. :occasion5:

March 15th, 2012, 11:25
Went to my local shopping centre this morning walked around went into a few shops checked out the merchandise but didnt by anythink dont think anyone was insulted except me the prices in some of them places are a ripoff

neddy3
March 15th, 2012, 12:26
Actually Scottish Guy, I thought your post was a fair summary of the general situation in relation to the present state of the go-go bars.

I agree. He's right on the money, in my opinion.

topjohn5
March 15th, 2012, 14:13
Scottish-guy is correct in every respect (in his last comments)...
I probably get paid boys (some of course are free) from the bars about 40% of the time and 40% from GayRomeo as well as 20% from a private deal with a mamasan. I also have a little black book of about 40 boys to call comprised of guys from the above. At any time I could easily use just one of those 4 sources and not use any of the others. I'm sure I'm not alone. You could also add hook-up spots like the beach or nightclubs to this but I rarely use these personally.
The bars are by far the most expensive way to meet boys but they do have new talent that is hard to ignore. Many boys that work in the bars do not have a page on gayromeo (why is beyond me) so you have to see them in the bars. That being said I would, do, and have more in the past, spent time in a bar due to the quality of the company...especially a good Thai or Farang host that is a welcoming character as scottish-guy has said. They are few and far between unfortunately.
Bar owners had better be very much on their toes and best use a constant flow of new talent combined with a lower price (offs and drinks) as well as a gracious and welcoming attitude (the biggest missing factor) or they are history. For me the ambiance, lighting, stage design, show and other sundry stuff is a waste of money. If you get the boys and management correct you will do well and if not you won't.
This is just my opinion...your mileage may vary...

P.S. I forgot massage parlors....on rare occasions (once actually) I have found a great off from them. I just prefer my massages to be non-sexual usually.

thenorthguy
March 15th, 2012, 17:00
Topjohn5 I think you hit the nail on the head, get the management structure right and the rest will flow....there was a bar in Bangkok, that should really read your message. The mamasan the minute it's mouth opened i wanted to shove something in it, and before you all run off with your wide ideas as to what that could be....I was thinking more my fist....the most annoying person you could ever come across...needless to say I didn't stick around...

Geezer
March 15th, 2012, 18:50
Sometimes I see potential customers enter the bar, look around and go away without sitting down or order a drink.
I frequently do this, and admit to feeling a bit guilty.

I visit go-go bars for only one reason. I couldn't care less if the ambience is good or bad, if it is devoid of customers or heaving, if there is a paucity of boys or a plethora. The sole reason for my visiting a bar is to off a boy. Upon entering I tell the mamasan I want to look.

Within 15 or 20 seconds I know if there is a lad I may wish to off. If so, I take a seat and order a drink. The drink is always water as I don't care to drink anything the bars have. The water is, of course, charged at the same rate as a regular drink. I don't let the waiter remove the cap. As I don't drink the water the bar may as well use it again. It is simply a cover charge.

If I don't see anything of interest within a few seconds of entering the bar, I leave and proceed to the next one.

When I first came to Thailand I bought and abandoned drinks in every bar I entered, usually leaving almost immediately -- a ridiculous waste of money.

I think the analogy of entering a shop, finding it has nothing which intrests you, and leaving without making a purchase is apt.

TravellerDave
March 15th, 2012, 22:38
I understand your tactics Geezer but the problem with your anology is that GoGo's sometimes dont always display all their goods at the same time. Sometimes the boys dancing or sat around in view do not constute all the staff. Others could be behind the scenes, at the tiolet, getting changed or maybe they are down the Soi buying food or drink.

My quandary is sometimes that I spot a boy I really fancy but hes sat with another customer. In this situation I have asked a waiter if he has been offed and the answer is "no not yet". How long do I wait nursing a beer ?. I waited ages once in My Mac before the other farang paid his bin and went and I was able to buy a drink for the boy and later to off him. The wait was worth it then but many times the wait has been fruitless.

Beachlover
March 15th, 2012, 23:47
Maybe the Pattaya scene might die off... perhaps they need to be marketing to Asians to draw them away from Bangkok.

I don't see the Bangkok gay gogo bar scene dying out anytime soon... Bangkok attracts LOTS of regional Asian tourists and they like they check out this sort of thing.

March 16th, 2012, 01:06
i find the *its was empty so i didnt go in* thingy quite funny ... if everyone had that reason for not going in then no bar would ever have any customers ...

joe552
March 16th, 2012, 02:26
Generally speaking I agree with Geezer - I go to a bar for the boys, so don't care if there are no other customers. But I always have a drink since not all the boys are on stage at once. Couldn't leave a drink in a bar, though, like Geezer does (or did) - I'd be shot as soon as I got home - it's a capital crime in Ireland to leave a drink in a bar!

Also agree with brithai - if everyone's just looking from the door - what's the point?

March 16th, 2012, 02:32
joe i do belive you have made a mistake there ..... im pretty sure you meant its a crime to leave a bar in ireland !!!

joe552
March 16th, 2012, 02:43
that's a separate crime - thankfully, rarely encountered!

christianpfc
March 16th, 2012, 03:56
Just a question: IF I visit a gogo-bar, I'll sit down, order a drink and then I'll be looking around for things on offer.
I think that it is a bit insulting, but maybe it isn't.
What are your thoughts about it?
Not insulting at all.The doormen usually say "have a look first" (and decide if you want to by a drink). About one out of five bar visits I do are this way. Upon invitation by the doorman (or asking someone outside if I can have a free look), I go in and stand in the door for about 10 seconds. In small bars (less then ten boys), I can get an overview and if there is none to my taste I leave (and make a mental note: next time go in and see if there are hidden gems). In larger bars this approach has no purpose, I go in and buy a drink.

The drink is always water as I don't care to drink anything the bars have. The water is, of course, charged at the same rate as a regular drink. I don't let the waiter remove the cap. As I don't drink the water the bar may as well use it again. It is simply a cover charge.
So you leave the capped water bottles in the bar for re-use? I drink part of it and take the rest with me for the next day. I couldn drink one bottle of water in each bar when I visit approximately 5 bars on a night.

joe552
March 16th, 2012, 05:05
But Christian, surely you would end up with many open bottles of water going from bar to bar?

allofmesuneeplaza
March 18th, 2012, 22:09
I am not aware of any go go bar in Sunee Plaza owned by "two old falang" nor have I ever seen two such people walking down the soi andopening a bar in Sunee Plaza. What's the purpose of such a post?

thenorthguy
March 19th, 2012, 03:59
Well, Well Well AllOFMESUNEEPLAZA have you been hiding under a rock.....the purpose of the post was to make a observation....as to your commet as to the purpose one could really question a lot of other meaningless post here....open you eyes...step outside and have a look...but before you do that please change out of your pyjamas, finish your porridge and put your false teeth in....

joe552
March 19th, 2012, 04:32
Well, I'll certainly be looking out for more reviews from "thenorthguy" - seems like a well-balanced chap. His last message to "allofme" (in whose bar I've passed many a pleasant evening) shows how reliable a reviewer he is.

Wesley
March 19th, 2012, 11:12
someones comment he can delete it AFTER they make it....not before they make it, lol....it's like the thought police....

I would have to agree TopJohn, only God if there is one would know my response to a question.

a447
March 19th, 2012, 15:49
allofmesuneeplaza wrote:
What's the purpose of such a post?

Thenorthguy was simply expressing an opinion on what he saw on a certain night and then he reached a certain conclusion. It was not meant to be a bar review.

We need as many on the ground reports/observations/opinions, etc as we can get. I rely on them all the time.

pennyboy
March 19th, 2012, 19:57
I also look forward to bar reviews but this one is 100% useless. Thenorthguy did not name the bar but but stated it was so bad he stayed there as the night went on and went back evrey night just to see the sad faces on the "two old farang".

I sense a bit of personal animosty aimed at the owners, if they exist at all.

joe552
March 20th, 2012, 01:32
I'm all for expressing opinions, but thenorthguy's original post was pointless, since it didn't mention which bar he was talking about. I tend to agree with pennyboy, that there seems to be something else going on.

March 20th, 2012, 01:45
this is why i find bar reviews pointless ... whats busy one day might be empty the next .. or even from hour to hour ..
fair enough comment on the service etc ... but the amount of people in a certain bar at a certain time .. pointless !

gerefan2
March 20th, 2012, 02:03
since it didn't mention which bar he was talking about
How many Farang run Go Go Bars are there in Sunnee Plaza? One. Its not rocket science!

joe552
March 20th, 2012, 02:10
Believer it or not, gerefan2, my interest in go go bars does not extend to who owns them. I find other attractions there.

thenorthguy
March 20th, 2012, 03:54
PennyBoy, PennyBoy, you really don't understand, i would suggest you have never stepped foot in Sunee Plaza. I never said that I stayed night after night, a simple quick look in the door each night, a look to the left and look to the right said it all.... Do you think I'm that stupid to post the name of the Bar, unlike other meaningless post I check my sources and double check before making comment....try this one....i have it from a reliable source that a go go bar is about to close down in Sunee Plaza...do you want to name it...Sorry Im smarter that that.

March 20th, 2012, 04:20
Well I don't know which sources you have to check - did you not say you, yourself had observed the nightly ritual of these two sad, lonely, depressed farangs with the broken-down business :dontknow:

As for your method of observation, I am quite obviously going about things the wrong way - I thought the idea of a bar was that you went in and purchased a drink and if you didn't like the bar you didn't buy another :dontknow:
But it seems clear from a number of recent posts by various people that I'm actually supposed to peer through windows or stick my nosey-wosey through a curtain instead - or even to stride in, inspect the place and possibly stride back out again - all to make sure I don't waste a whole 120/150B in Sunee Plaza.

:party

March 20th, 2012, 04:59
That's the same everywhere. Jomtien Beach, Boyztown and Sunee. Don't tell me you have actually been going into some of these places and buying a drink?! Shit, you really are a dumb Scot! :scratch:

joe552
March 20th, 2012, 05:33
Now, now, justme - scottish is renowned for spreading his largesse among a wide range of venues and their staff. At least, I think it was largesse the boys were complaining that he was spreading :dontknow:

christianpfc
March 20th, 2012, 06:25
Which gogo bar would this be then ?

DO NOT ANSWER THAT. That would not be a review but possibly a libelous comment. Reviews are one thing and can be acceptable. The above cannot. DaBoss

I think DaBoss solved this ingeniously. He didn't delete the original post, he didn't delete the answer, Dani69 can send a PM to thenorthguy or thenorthguy can send a PM to Dani69 with the name of the bar and everybody who reads this knows what's going on and what is permitted. Nobody got hurt, everything is open.

And all this with just one line (Beachlover could have written an entire page on this subject).

Apart from that, I think that bar reviews can be entertaining, but I don't base my visits on them. I have a few bars I visit every holiday, and other I decide when I am there, as the situation can be completely different when I am there and my type of boy is different from other's type of boy (therefore, I think adjectives like cute, hot, handsome are out of place in bar reviews).

newalaan
March 20th, 2012, 07:53
Thenorthguy was simply expressing an opinion on what he saw on a certain night and then he reached a certain conclusion. It was not meant to be a bar review.We need as many on the ground reports/observations/opinions, etc as we can get. I rely on them all the time. Totally agree on this, there are 'certain' posters here very quick to criticise reports/reviews/opinions of others yet provide very little in the way of reviews and reports themsleves although they manage to 'outbalance' this with shitloads of their 'opinions'. The amount of reviews and reports used to be one of SGT's strong points, no wonder members get put off making the effort with all the 'certain' nit-pickers around here just waiting to enhance the thread with their 'valuable contributions'.

How many Farang run Go Go Bars are there in Sunnee Plaza? One. Its not rocket science!From my understanding there are 5 that i know of in the sunee area unless they have changed hands unknown to me. Krazy Dragon, Euro Boys, the former JJJ (if open yet), Eros and Happy Boys....have i missed any? If these still have current farang owners, while it may not be rocket science it is still a bit of a multiple choice question.

Joseph44 wrote: Sometimes I see potential customers enter the bar, look around and go away without sitting down or order a drink.

I frequently do this, and admit to feeling a bit guilty.I visit go-go bars for only one reason. I couldn't care less if the ambience is good...devoid of customers......a paucity of boys or a plethora. The sole reason for my visiting a bar is to off a boy. Within 15 or 20 seconds I know if there is a lad I may wish to off. If so, I take a seat and order a drink. I don't drink the water It is simply a cover charge. If I don't see anything of interest a few seconds I leave, proceed to the next.When I first came to Thailand I abandoned drinks in every bar I entered, a ridiculous waste of money. I think the analogy of entering a shop, finding nothing which intrests you, and leaving without making a purchase is apt.
I agree on the shop analogy, and I really don't know why you would need to feel guilty, at least you are looking for a bar to visit for the purpose of offing. This of course makes even more sense if your purpose alone is to off a boy from a bar and you also enjoy drinking alcohol, imagine how wasted you would get going round every bar you pass as Brithai and another feckless half-wit on this thread suggests one should. Whilst i personally tend never to take a peek and leave, (as i just take a judgement on which bar i am going to visit and go in irrestpective of what is inside and just put it down to experience if it turns out to be a dud The worst that happens is i pay for a drink, and endure a few minutes of awkward staring or boredom) I have never felt the urge to criticise those who do.

I mean who can visit EVERY bar they pass in Pattaya just to find a boy for the night. Brithai and a 'certain' other poster in this thread show their complete lack of awareness regarding things Thai by criticising those who look in first before deciding. In Soi Twilight, Bkk (as well as some pattaya bars)I frequently see potential customers look into, or go into a bar and then come out immediatly or seconds later, this is because it is polite for the doormen to say 'look first', Brithai and his sidekick have obviously never heard of this or have been ignorant (the more likely of the two) to the fact that it is fairly common to do this, and is considered polite to be offered and take up the offer, even though you do not go in and sit down. As I say Geezer at least you are giving some custom to bars and boys when you off them, in these days of Gay Romeo, online contacts and taking the agogo boys mobile number for meeting outside the bar, any bar should appreciate the fact you make an effort.

and the likes of certain posters who just stick their heads round curtains then walk back out dont help much !
I think Geezer has given a good and very reasonable explanation why he does this. It's better than not even making an effort to go into a bar at all. I can only assume Brithai then, that you and another certain poster here enter every bar you pass, because if you don't and pass-by bars without going in, or even sticking your head round the curtain, that would make you incredibly full of bull and blatent hypocrites. You realise passing these bars without going in is exactly what your own arguement is about in not "helping the bars much" you dope. Unless you are telling us Brithai you and scatguy DO go into every bar you pass? Somehow i think not, just more bull and waffle from the resident grumpy old codgers. Don't go into all the bars they pass themselves but criticise those who do, even those who make the effort to try and find a bar which suits them. How dim and clueless is that?

Wesley
March 20th, 2012, 10:36
The most fun of the night other than the boy is the chase, I just love the chase, generally get what I want too. hehe. some are worth the wait and the drinks. if I can't find the right one just as well take Mary and her 4 sisters. Im old but I am picky.

alipatt-old
March 20th, 2012, 13:23
The most fun of the night other than the boy is the chase, I just love the chase, generally get what I want too. hehe. some are worth the wait and the drinks. if I can't find the right one just as well take Mary and her 4 sisters. Im old but I am picky.
Do I understand that you would rather take Mary and her sisters over a Thai boy??? How do you call that picky ???? I would call that in my case a sad second prize

March 20th, 2012, 17:57
The most fun of the night other than the boy is the chase,

May I suggest that if you feel that you're having to do the "chasing" whilst in Sunee and the likes Wesley that you're peraps doing something wrong as surely the term "shooting fish in a barrel" or "buy a ticket win a prize every time" comes to mind :-)

March 21st, 2012, 02:05
newalaan .. you really are strange ... and turning into the new beachlover with all your i agree with this .. i dont agree with that etc etc etc ... i buy drinks in all the bars i go into .. i dont buy drinks i dont go into .. i think other than you and maybe a few other curtain twitchers this is in fact normal practice .. or in your strange world .. do you also expect me to book a room in every hotel i pass ?? as for not supporting bars i dont go into .. well golly gosh. altho i walk pass some bars one night .. i may well go into them the next night .. you should try it .. instead of trying to earn brownie points in here with your fellow pervs and cut and pasters ... take care

Neal
March 21st, 2012, 11:48
OK I don't lock hardly any threads but this one may have started off wrong right from the OP's original post. We are unaware of any bar that meets this description and it is unfair to paint Sunee Plaza as dying or dead. yes, all the areas are slow due to economic times, floods and now holidays but I think we are spreading to much misery and trying to figure the name of one unfortunate bar which we will never know.
Please don't kill me but we need to move on.