PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night dinner and show in Soi 2 Pattayaland

lonelywombat
March 12th, 2012, 18:21
Friend of mine has bitched for 2 weeks about the roast dinner in Jomtien followed by the long wait for the reduced show sunday nights at Venue. Shortened show.

I had not introduced him to the Sunday roasts, but have dined opposite the Happyplace bar in soi 2 and had a great night. Several times we have taken our own wine.

Does the roast dinner continue past 2100. Does your bar open earlier for those who visit this alternative place. Would you encourage visitors to visit and dine there?

I do know that the restaurants has other meals during the week but usually only eat there sundays.

painai2
March 12th, 2012, 18:57
I do know last night (Sunday) I ate at Palmer's, which is opposite Happy Place Bar. I was there at about 7:15 pm. The Sunday Roast there is a great buy, I had the roast chicken dinner for р╕┐185. I finished about 8 pm, just as Happy Place was opening, convenient. The Sunday roasts at Palmer's are a great buy, and delicious.

March 12th, 2012, 19:21
Thanks and I think I understand your questions. It was my understanding from the owner of Palmers when I asked him about the dinners a few months ago that they served the dinners until very late or when they ran out. This would mean that many can be had 9 and 10 at night but I will double check tonight.

Yes, we did change to opening at 8pm which is something I wanted to implement long ago. I thought 8:30pm was late. We offered our boys the advantage of going home 30 minutes earlier to those that showed up 30 minutes early for opening. Many show up but not all.

The show starts every night at 10:30pm which is ample time for dinner at 8 or 8:30 and then a drink and a show. We have moved Happy Hour from 8:30pm to 8pm to 9pm. The boys work very hard to bring new numbers and new boys to the stage every few months and yes, the B Boys still do a 10 - 15 minute number there. They also were asked to bring variety to the show and do new numbers. Seems to work very well.

Neal
March 13th, 2012, 01:46
By the way, Palmers not only has roast chicken on Sunday nights but, roast lamb, roast beef and roast pork all every Sunday.

newalaan
March 13th, 2012, 18:28
Would you encourage visitors to visit and dine there?
I ate at Palmer's, which is opposite Happy Place BarI have eaten at Palmers for years. Every trip to Pattaya I eat at least once there. It's where i go to give-in to my farang-food craving after days of Issan style food. I normally just have one of the breakfast offerings any time of day usually as my main meal late afternoon. Every visit I have experienced only excellent service, good quality food, (e.g. very lean back-bacon, none of that fat-laiden streaky stuff you usually get with most western style breakfasts) and very nice girls there who enjoy a joke and don't worry who you are with. Gay neutral as it were. So i would definitely recommend it.

Obviously it's not an airconed restaurant with plush surroundings, the prices reflect that it is a place which only serves pub/bar food (of a high standard). Nice place to sit and just take in the passing sideshows that only a soi connected to Pattayaland 1 and 3 could offer. Late afternoon/early evening is fine on the terrace as there is often a sea breeze coming down the soi later in the day, they are also very quick to make sure you have a fan blowing in your direction if it is hot.

witchhunt
March 16th, 2012, 13:44
Walked past the bar today but had not realized the rear wall is the side wall for Vassa's. I used to remember going there before Happyplace was opened, as we used to watch the boys coming to work, whilst occupying those side tables
in the street. Keep forgetting Vassa, and that new one with the show bar, which I must get around to trying again.

witchhunt
March 17th, 2012, 10:12
At breakfast it was mentioned that the cool breeze that comes up the soi 2 from Beach Road was referred to by an earlier poster . I usually go early evening but the breeze is certainly better than the air conditioning of certain other places in Jomtien. I will make a point of going tomorrow night.

colmx
March 17th, 2012, 10:23
I must have Passed this place 300 times in the last 10-11 years and never realised they served food!
As someone that (is fussy) and likes non fussy food... this place sounds just up my street!

So will def check it out next trip... may even bring DaBoss for a (non platonic) meal!

Think their marketing dept needs a shake up!