PDA

View Full Version : Siam Kempinski it is... recommendation on what to do?

March 8th, 2012, 14:43
Hi all, and thanks beachlover on your guide and photos, Jay and I have now booked the Kempinski. We have reserved the Duplex Suite and we look forward to staying there now. I will of course share my experiences here and let you guys know what the place is like from a "gay" perspective.

On the plus side, they seemed excited when I called to say that the guests staying will a Mr. and Mr. :glasses7: given that only king size beds are available.

And if there are specific room request that I should make, please do let me know.

Also, any guide on where to hang out would be most welcome.

Beachlover
March 16th, 2012, 00:07
Ahhh... Your first trip to Bangkok. Enjoy!

Enjoy the pool... have breakfast al fresco in the garden... get a massage or full spa treatment course a the Kempinski spa (they have couples rooms)... check out Lebua State Tower sky bar (the most spectacular in Bangkok)... enjoy Thai food at its best in Nahm restaurant (Metropolitan Hotel)... visit Chatuchak Weekend Market (world's largest)... shop at Siam Paragon/Terminal21/Gaysorn/MBK... go to DJ Station nightclub and get to know some locals on the dance floor... there's endless things to do in Bangkok.

Hotels in Thailand generally don't bat an eyelid at gay couples. It's a fairly moot point over there. Gays are fairly visible in their society and in most cases, more socially accepted than they are in most Western countries. That's one of the nice things about traveling as a gay couple in Thailand.

Last year, my ex and I planned a trip and were seeking some place we could relax in a suite overlooking a beach with a private pool to ourselves and all. I was keen on Malaysia as I haven't really done any beach stuff there before but in the end we chose Thailand because we knew the "being a gay couple thing" wouldn't raise any issues... where as in Malaysia, Vietnam and other beach paradise contenders, we just weren't sure and they have a reputation for having a fairly hostile attitude to gays... Where as with Thailand, we knew there would be no problem anywhere... ever! It's the most gay friendly country in Asia.

pong
March 16th, 2012, 08:51
Also, any guide on where to hang out would be most welcome.
Again: be clear, specific, we cannot read thoghts. Do you mean a real full-life person to guide you? Completely unneeded IMHO. But there are bureaux also offering that.
For the general intro to what this vile and supersized big city has to offer: there are dozens of sites. Best for 1st time access is nickysgaybangkok-that gay area where the tipical 1st time tourist newbies go to is Silom/Suriwong and 2-3 stops by BTS (or the limo for private?) from that HTL. Other listings (that age-old gay thing) are on sites like gayscout, dreadedned, dragoncastle+stickyrice (very often years out of date) or via the free giveaway mags like Out-in-Thailand, Thaipuan, MAX/Bangkokdesire.com. Do not assume that the oso hensum boy you hire immediately will know all those places-he is more likely to steer you to places where his many friends work-so he can chat.