PDA

View Full Version : rose hotel

paperboy
March 7th, 2012, 23:22
hi everyone

while im in thailand i will be going to bkk, and was looking at agoda and the rose hotel
they have a double room at 41 euros, very good ( i think) value.
the question is does anybody know ifvthey charge a joiners fee at the rose????????????

thanks

krobbie
March 7th, 2012, 23:48
This has been asked time and again and they do not charge a joiners fee if you are paying for a double room. If you are paying for a double room with breakfast you guest may also join you, although the breakfast is nothing fancy the eggs are hot for a change.

When you come back to the hotel the ladies at the front desk will check your fiends id and wish you goodnight. They may even tell you to mind the step as for some reason the lift never comes flush to the floor.

I used to stay at the Rose about 4 years ago and the pool area is great. There is an attendant to get drinks and whatever else you need and there are always towels at the entrance. They do have some odd shaped room on the corners but apart from that it was very handy and the cleaners are very good.

Cheers

paperboy
March 8th, 2012, 00:08
ahhhhhhhhhhh thanks

should have said that i will have my bf with me, so there will be another guest
so will they charge him to come to my room├з
sorry being a pain

March 8th, 2012, 00:33
So you are saying there will be 3 in a double room?

I guess they might charge for that, although it's never happened to me - I had 8 in a double room in the Pavilion Place across the road (next door to Screwboy) and no charge was even suggested!

:occasion9:

March 8th, 2012, 00:35
dirty bastard

alipatt-old
March 8th, 2012, 07:05
Lucky bastard mor like it :tongue3:

a447
March 8th, 2012, 14:14
From my fairly extensive experience at the Rose, the ladies at the front desk would probably encourage you to bring lots of boys back and I doubt they would charge a joiners fee.. I've never met a group of seemingly upstanding ladies so helpful when it comes to you getting laid!
Just beware the airconditioners - some are so loud you may need to change rooms.
And as a poster said, the breakfast is nothing special.
I normally book with the hotel itself and pay about 1600 baht per night.

kjun12
March 8th, 2012, 14:29
Typical of those cheap shit Scots. Eight to a room to save a baht.

March 8th, 2012, 14:53
Now, now, Kjun12 - far from saving money, it cost me 12000B (none of that was spent on the room mind you)

thrillbill
March 8th, 2012, 21:52
My Thai bf and I have stay at the Rose about 3 times a year (we live in Pattaya). We like the place because of the swimming pool and location. The bummer is when there are vacationing "straight" couples there at the pool but it is a hit and miss. Breakfast with Agoda is not included and to pay seperate (for breakfast)isn't worth it. (but we ususally don't get up until after 10am anyway). Nice woman at the counter if you treat the with respect. My other favorite place for location only is Silom Regent which is down from GOD behind Bug and Bee... no pool, not fancy, but a place for sleep.

topjohn5
March 9th, 2012, 10:09
I've stayed at the Rose, Glitz and The Tawana Bangkok. They are all about in the same area and none of them charge joiners fees. The Glitz doesn't have a pool but the other two do. They are all about the same quality and price more or less.
I suggest you always state there will be two in the room when making a reservation at any hotel you intend on having a joiner,

Marsilius
March 9th, 2012, 11:48
I'm surprised to read that about the Tawana. At Christmas they had prominently displayed warnings that joiners would be charged for - and I've never seen at any other hotel such zealous monitoring of who's getting into the lifts.

topjohn5
March 9th, 2012, 16:43
Hi Marsilius,
Well, your comment got me to do a little research. I stayed there last year and did take someone back to the room with nary a blink of an eye from the front desk or the elevator guard.
Looking at websites that discuss joiners fees I see that there are two opinions on this place. They either say "no joiners fees" or they say "950 baht" for a joiners fee. One of the sites I see said that they will charge 950 baht unless you state 2 people in the room. Since I did state 2 people in the room I guess that maybe that was what got me the pass......maybe....

paperboy
March 9th, 2012, 18:05
hi
sorry for being a pain and asking the question again.
there will be 2 of us, booking in, but want to bring someone back
only for a shag, not to stay for breakfast or use the pool
shag and go
should i say when booking in, there will be 3 of us????
if not i will book the malasia hotel again, been 3 times there, and never
a problem bringing boys (1or 2) back

thanks

only 8 weesk to go :party

March 9th, 2012, 18:16
The answer is that none of us can say for certain whether 3 in a double room at the Rose will leave you liable to a "joiner fee" being imposed.

Here's a novel idea - ask the Hotel!

Send them an email and ask exactly what the policy is - if they intend to charge, go elsewhere.
Or, if it's favourable, print out the reply and take it with you - that's what I do.
I've never been charged a "joiner fee" but I have seen a queue of others at various Hotel reception desks, having to pay 500B/1000B.

topjohn5
March 9th, 2012, 19:32
Exactly...just email them. They won't bite.
The first time I visited the Rose Hotel I emailed them in regards to their joiner fee policy (not 3 in a room however) and they replied promptly and with a friendly tone explained their policy. I would imagine they will do the same for you since they are use to punters.

paperboy
March 10th, 2012, 00:09
hi
well i emailed them and got a reply very very quickly back

Dear Sir,

Thank you for yr email and yr information. We do not any charges for joiner fee if you bring somebody back for short time.

Pls be acknowledge.

Best regards,

so thats that
i will book the room from agoda at 41 euros a night, bargain i thinks
thanks for all your help
wont be long now
just orderd a bag of 100 condoms from the internet and a few other treats for my holiday

paperboy

topjohn5
March 10th, 2012, 00:30
Excellent!
100 condoms for your holiday....do you plan on only staying in Thailand for about two weeks paperboy? :laughing3:

allieb
March 10th, 2012, 00:33
The Rose Hotel provides a small basket full of condoms in every room.