PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Pub Pattaya - 7 years on - how things change.

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2006, 01:33
Late night's in Pattaya, after the bars close, many head out to the clubs that remain open until the early morning hours.

In Bangkok I was fortunate to visit Ick Disco way the heck out Sukumvit Rd.
In Pattaya I usually prefer a night out at Xzyte Disco on 3rd Road.
I love the show and of course the boys in the show.

For a more simple alternative I go to J.J. Pub near Soi Day & Night.

There really isn't any specifically gay discos in Thailand that I am aware of. It seems to be quite normal for gays and straights to do their own thing in the same clubs.I recall seeing a few farangs at J.J. Pub on the nights that I dropped in including Mr. LMTU.

As I said in another post, it seems the Cranberries (From the early nineties) have had a revival here in Thailand. I quite enjoyed the live band they had and the dance numbers between sets. I also found that bringing a large group of friends wasn't all that expensive with everyone sharing what bottles I purchased for the table.

One thing to be aware of, if you off some boys to bring to the club you will probably be expected to tip them after the night is through, regardless whether you pay everything for them throughout the night. On the night I bumped into LMTU shaking up a storm I had about 8 or so with me, so you can imagine the expense in tips alone. Lesson learned!

Surfcrest

Surfcrest
May 15th, 2006, 11:34
One thing is for sure LMTU, you do know how to have fun.

Nice bumping into you while in Thailand and thanks again for the Internet assistance.

Surfcrest

Dboy
May 17th, 2006, 03:39
Hey LMTU,

Can you recommend a fun bar with good pool tables in sunee area?

Dboy

Surfcrest
May 17th, 2006, 07:59
Lets not forget my favorite Sunee Pub, The Sunee Plaza Pub (No Sign).
Across from the Corner Pub, but with a good crowd of farangs.

One pool table, usually occupied by the Sunee mafia boys.

A lot like putting honey water out on the deck to distract the wasps I think.
Haven't seen to any of the paying customers on it in awhile.

Can you imagine how long one would last at the Rainbow Pub?

Surfcrest

American Teacher-old
May 17th, 2006, 22:56
I too love JJ Pub. It is an awesome alternative to Hollywood and Xyte -- and stays open very late. There is plenty of room to actually dance (isn't that a first in Thailand?) and the drink prices aren't that bad.

I also enjoy the shows they put on -- and especially like one of the main drag queens who used to be my favorite waiter in BBB years ago!

All in all, a really fun place!

Fondly,
Chris