PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya, Any Bar open in afternoon?

May 15th, 2006, 00:29
Will be visiting Pattaya in June. I am seeking to find a new "friend" during the day. Any bars open during day afternoons?
Any suggestions?

catawampuscat
May 15th, 2006, 00:53
Probably the earliest opening is for Bamboo in Jomtien..Not sure what time but always open in late afternoon and when it rains it
can get really busy in early afternoon.. The beer bars in Sunee open around 5PM and some a little earlier but it is very quiet usually
until 6PM or 7PM.. You can find plenty of boys in the gay section of Jomtien beach any afternoon..Monty's pool is another afternoon spot
you can find a new "friend"..

May 15th, 2006, 00:55
The Bamboo Bar at Jomtien is always a nice stop when leaving the beach. Mixed selection of boys.

May 15th, 2006, 01:43
I hate to be a stooge, but where is Monty's Pool at in relation to other Sunee Landmarks? Last timeI was in Pattaya, I had difficulty locating it (I was staying at the Flamingo and no pool).

bing
May 15th, 2006, 04:35
He He, I had the same Problem. Hop on motorbike and tell driver to go to Monty's Pool. He will know where it is... I have same prob with Finding Mim at the NS Travel. once you find it, you will think, this is easy to find. Lot of maps have pool mentioned,, Look for Memory bar,, pool is across the street from Memory. Main thing is not to worry, just wandering around Sunee is fun, and it is so small you really cant get lost. Enjoy the pool and have fun on your vacation.

Smiles
May 15th, 2006, 06:28
I hate to be a stooge, but where is Monty's Pool at in relation to other Sunee Landmarks? Last timeI was in Pattaya, I had difficulty locating it (I was staying at the Flamingo and no pool).
Good God! Click here: http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/mappage1.html and then just click on the map entitled "Day-Night Plaza" and then "Sunnee Plaza" . . . all will be clear to you.

There are so many "where-can-I-find-it" type resources either directly on this message board (i.e. try "SEARCH") or linked to in the opening pages that it boggles my mind that folks just don't try a little harder before questioning.

Cheers ....

American Teacher-old
May 15th, 2006, 11:28
Hello there. Niddy's Nook in Soi Day Night One is open at 1:00 in the afternoon. We are a bar and a restaurant. However, our regular "boys" don't come in until 5:00 PM. But drinks and food are always available. We close at 1:00 AM.

Cheers!
-Chris

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)

May 15th, 2006, 11:40
Thanks for the input.

lonelywombat
May 15th, 2006, 12:16
I was surprised to see that My Life was not mentioned. I sometimes skip the beach for a movie and walk back through BoyzTown home.
Terry used to open late afternoon and was usually there in a front seat for those that just wanted a chat.
Not all his boys were working but you could off from a choice of 3 or 4 and Cafe Royale has a short time room.
But Bamboo and My Life are a safer alternative to freelancers on the beach, the owners knows who goes off and has their ID card details in case of trouble.
Bamboo is quite fun after 4 and I think a choice of a dozen or more eager boys.
Things have toned down a lot from 6 years ago when patrons of KFC across the road had a full view of everything that went on in Bamboo

May 15th, 2006, 13:02
A few of the bars open around 10.00am in the Jomtien Complex, mainly the guesthouse/cafe bars and most of the others(with limited staff) are open by early afternoon with boys/waiters/hosts around. The majority of boys seem to turn up for work by about 4.00pm.

May 16th, 2006, 15:58
"Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun..."
While the Thai prefer to:
"Sleep all day and work all night...
in a little white house with a little red light."

The majority of boys seem to turn up for work by about 4.00pm.