PDA

View Full Version : Bars /crowds visiting Thailand 2011

witchhunt
February 23rd, 2012, 05:21
I was preparing something else, but got sidetracked into following the official pictures for 2011.The top 25% of the numbers seem to go to nearby asian countries. Is there an attraction for asians to be targeted ?

There was an increase for figures for the top 7 places with the Australia, UK and US taking the next 3 places [8,9,10]

The overall figures are suggesting a heavy increase in non gay traffic. Maybe it is time for locals to try and stimulate local trade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

February 26th, 2012, 05:14
I was preparing something else, but got sidetracked into following the official pictures for 2011.The top 25% of the numbers seem to go to nearby asian countries. Is there an attraction for asians to be targeted ?Yes the Thais realise that all of there scams are getting a bad press in the English papers so they are targetting other asians maybe they are more gullable.

pong
February 26th, 2012, 07:47
The overall figures are suggesting a heavy increase in non gay traffic. Maybe it is time for locals to try and stimulate local trade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How the heck do you come to that conclusion? Ever seen figures where entrants had to specify if it was for gay or str8 pleaures? BTW=- I read an authoritative book on various gay-related issues some time ago-in it was 1 on Singy's going to BKK for pleasure- maybe this explains the increase in visitors from Asia? Never ever seen the giant Asian crowds in BBlon on Chin. Nw Yr?
To me it mostly relates to new airlines opening up routes into BKK, in fact, Maybe too mundane for speculators?

Beachlover
February 26th, 2012, 22:32
Visitor numbers are just one part of the matrix you need to analyse to determine which tourist segments are most valuable. Factoring in length of stay and average spend per day is essential.

I suspect Asian tourists would likely have shorter stays since many of them only do weekend trips or visit for a week at most as they don't have to travel far to get there.

I've run into lots of gay Asian visitors in Bangkok. The ones from China, Taiwan and Japan tend to be most approachable.

I've noticed, for some reason, some of them are pretty tame in terms of what they do... they are smitten with Thai guys but seem almost afraid to do anything with them. Others go nuts and aren't subtle about declaring they want to sleep with so and so Thai guy and can't wait to drag them off to bed! Can be funny watching the variety of characters interact with the Thais!