PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell the difference?

May 14th, 2006, 21:32
This is a fun website: www.alllooksame.com (http://www.alllooksame.com) Take the test to see if you can tell the difference between Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. I got 7 of 18 correct which is the average.

jinks
May 14th, 2006, 22:10
The links works now :faroah: I got 3 ?????? too many girls !!!

May 14th, 2006, 23:04
That was hard and I thought I could tell!

Inversely Amazing Not easy to get all that wrong. was my rating, 3, below average.

May 14th, 2006, 23:24
I got 10, but for several I thought, "Chinese, trying to look Japanese". One that was doing that, I got wrong.

May 15th, 2006, 08:45
This test is ridiculous.

Here in Thailand, I can find you Thais who look like stereotypical Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. And in Japan, I can find you people who look like stereotypical Thais. Human physical characteristics are wonderfully diverse, even in populations that are relatively homogeneous.

Remember Josef Mengele trying to come up with a set of Aryan physical traits? It just doesn't work.

Bob
May 15th, 2006, 08:52
I got 4 right and was labelled "totally hopeless."

elephantspike
May 15th, 2006, 11:11
I got 10 right. It says my report card is "normal" :tard: and that I am "OK". :geek:

Smiles
May 15th, 2006, 11:32
I got 2 correct. A disaster!
I'm going back to live in Surrey.

Cheers ...

May 15th, 2006, 12:32
I was watching ABC Asia (or whatever the Ozzie channel is) and they stated that 'race' is a myth and doesn't exist except in people's minds. They went on to say that genetically we are closer to each other than some animals and insects are to each other. For instance, one fruit fly sat on a piece of fruit next to another fruit fly may well be genetically more different to each other than humans are to chimps.

The world and it's population have travelled since modern man first appeared (150,000 years ago approx') and we are all one great mix of genes, so no wonder we cannot tell Japanese from korean, Scot from Pole, Russian from American.

May 15th, 2006, 15:08
Scot from Pole

whit nonsense - the poles all live in Dalkeith!

Here in Thailand, I can find you Thais who look like stereotypical Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese. And in Japan, I can find you people who look like stereotypical Thais

Hardly, surprising given that the Thais are probably the most inter-married people in Asia. Then there was that "facilitation" in the early 1940s.

Getting back to the test, I think that city-types were over represented.

As to comparison with fruit flys. Of course they are more genetically more diverse. Their lifecycle is shorter than that of humans by a factor of thousands! That's why the are species of choice for longitudinal studies.

May 15th, 2006, 15:24
I definitely need more practice. I got 8 out of 10 at www.spot-the-jew.com (http://www.spot-the-jew.com), but only 4 out of 10 at www.spot-the-negro.com (http://www.spot-the-negro.com).

May 15th, 2006, 15:32
Both these sites are spoofed "spot the republican" sites.