PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend keeps buying me exotic fruit

Beachlover
February 20th, 2012, 20:50
My periodical boyfriend (now a тАЬgood friendтАЭ) in Bangkok has this thing about buying me fruitтАж

Every time I arrive, he buys me a big bag of fruit. He knows which fruits I love best. ItтАЩs the exotic ones I donтАЩt often get to eat at home. And he picks out the most beautiful specimens.

Sometimes I have to call housekeeping to clear half the mini-bar fridge so I can fit it all in. The hotel also provides a bowl of fruit in my room. Plus, thereтАЩs always a big platter of fresh fruit at the hotel breakfast buffet in the morning.
IтАЩm always surrounded by fruit in Thailand! :bis:

But thatтАЩs ok because I love fruitтАж I have it for breakfast. I snack on it around the pool all day. The pool attendants often insist on taking our fruit away. They wash it and cut it into slices before returning it to us on a nice plate.

When I go back to Australia, I have to buy my own fruit. Usually boring stuff like apples or peaches. :crybaby:

My favourite fruits in Thailand areтАж

1. Jackfruit: Chewy yellow pieces with a hint of banana flavour in them. I like them because theyтАЩre not too sweet and everyone sells/serves them in bite sized pieces. I donтАЩt actually know what the whole fruit looks like.

2. Dragonfruit: Beautiful, soft, sweet white flesh with little tiny seedsтАж Common at breakfast buffets. I love scooping out the flesh with a spoon but hotels usually serve it sliced and ready to eat with a fork. Also one of the most beautiful fruits, with its soft rubbery exterior and soft pink colour tone.

3. Rose Apples: The shape and size of a small pear but red and tastes like a cross between an apple and a watermelon. Nice to munch on by the pool and often left out in fruit bowls.

4. Mangoes: I love mangoes but am too lazy to slice them for eating so I only have it when itтАЩs served with the mango and sticky rice Thai dessert or pre-sliced on the breakfast buffet spread (Dusit Thani does this for their Club Lounge breakfast, but not their standard one).

5. Coconuts: The juice (coconut water) is an excellent hydrator and fairly healthy, aside from the sugars, but the white flesh (which is used to produce coconut milk) is fairly high in cholesterol and saturated fats so beware.

6. Longans and lycees: You have to peel them individually. Delicious taste and especially nice when served in desserts and drinks!

7. Durian: The King of fruitsтАж I love durian but rarely have it because the odour, pleasant for those who like the fruit but unpleasant for others, remains on your body for a fair while!

SoтАж what are your favourite fruits in Thailand? What do you look forward to sinking your teeth into?

:happy7:

the1
February 20th, 2012, 21:24
Fruit cake!

February 20th, 2012, 22:18
When in Thailand I'm partial to a nice pair of plums.

:occasion9:

Dani69
February 21st, 2012, 00:02
Such a beach-bore zzzzzzzzzz

Neal
February 21st, 2012, 00:21
The one I really enjoy which is not on your list is the palmelo. Chilled and pink? Awesome!

Brad the Impala
February 21st, 2012, 00:45
The best fruit of all is mangosteen, or mongkut. The fragile white segments set against a pink inner skin with a dark maroon outer skin, is pure seduction, and then the segments melt in your mouth with a uniquely sweet flavour!

martin911
February 21st, 2012, 01:56
You have to call housekeeping to remove half the minibar ????

Lazy sod lol

The fruit i love the most is Grapefruit ---- but they are damm expensive here in Thailand -- 80Bhat for one at Friendship !!
Are they imported ???

Bf loves Rambhutan --- and he likes to eat it Frozen solid !!! wierd boy lol

paulo15
February 21st, 2012, 02:06
Pamelo? Wasn't she in Baywatch...?
I love Mangosteen too, just the best
And isn't eating lots of fruit supposed to make your cum taste better?
Subliminal message there for Beachlover perhaps
:idea1:

christianpfc
February 21st, 2012, 02:42
1. Jackfruit: Chewy yellow pieces with a hint of banana flavour in them. I like them because theyтАЩre not too sweet and everyone sells/serves them in bite sized pieces. I donтАЩt actually know what the whole fruit looks like.
Whole jackfruit looks pretty similar to whole durian. So similar, that I was fooled for two holidays and wondered why the same fruit tastes completely different (and has different texture as well), until I finally learned the difference.

My clear favorite is mangosteen, followed by pomelo. I like watermelon as well, as watermelon fruitshake it's even better. Ripe yellow mango, with or without sticky rice, is delicious. The only problem is the fibres at the seed, which stick between my teeth (probably does not apply to you, unless you try to scratch off every piece of meat from the seed as I do).

I don't like jackfruit that much. The pieces of durian you can buy are too large for me alone, so I only eat durian when I can share with a friend.

joe552
February 21st, 2012, 03:00
Does this thread finally reveal why gay men are referred to as "fruits"?

Not a fan of fruit myself but will have OJ in my vodka.

bing
February 21st, 2012, 03:55
I am not a fruit expert, but i do like the red things with spike looking things on a plum like fruit. The name is Rambutam which my friends seem to call KAA, the inside is sweet and soft.

Dodger
February 21st, 2012, 05:46
Nothing lbetter than a nice plump THAI BANANA to start the day out right, and so many varieties to choose from.

When in the market I usually gravitate towards the larger ones with just a hint of green on the edges, as this signifies a condition where they will most likely stay fresh on the shelf a bit longer than the pure yellow ones.

In Thailand there are literally hundreds of different types of bananas, e.g., fat ones, skinny ones, yellow ones, dark brown ones, curved ones, twisted ones, droopy ones, straight ones, hard ones, soft ones, sweet ones, sour ones, tangy ones, smooth ones, jagged ones, contoured ones, and even those that stay hard even after soaking in a cup of warm cream for extended periods.

The most sought after fruit in all the Land.

urban cowboy-old
February 22nd, 2012, 20:02
Serving banana and sausage together is for many a delicacy. This recipe will win you the heart of any man and bring out the best in most.

BANANA GAY

1 pound of sausage meat
1 big glorious banana
1 paprika
1 small tin of pineapple rings
3.5 fl oz cream
1 teaspoon curry powder
3.5 fl oz delicate grated cheese

Set the oven to 200 degrees. Place the sausage meat in a heat resistant tray. Remove the core from the paprika. Peel the banana. Slice the banana, paprika and pineapple and place on top of the sausage. Add curry powder and fresh cream. Sprinkle over with grated cheese. Cook in the oven for approx 20 minutes. Served with boiled rice.