PDA

View Full Version : Thai Air new A380 due soon, 6 to come

lonelywombat
February 18th, 2012, 05:32
Thai Air new A380 arrives in third quarter and is one of 6 ordered for delivery later this year and others to follow.
http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_spec ... m_content= (http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_special_offers_desc.asp?special_cat=What%27s% 20New&id=405&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Consumer%20eNews%20Feb%202012%20V2%20 %281%29&utm_content=)

The new proposal for airbus fares looks interesting for those not looking for the very bottom class fare. With the seats available there should be some extra discounts. There are also special seats on the circular

jinks
February 18th, 2012, 15:03
I hope the business seats are better than those on Emirates.

They are hard and the compartments are metal sided no soft finish and tight little boxes..... 8 across the plane.

I am on record with Skywards as avoiding the A380 on every trip.

February 18th, 2012, 15:17
As an impecunious person I travel ecomomy on Emirates.

It's always been fairly unpleasant (they somehow manage to stretch 3-4-3 across the cabin) and the A380 economy offering is equally so.

I did travel B/C ONCE on their old 777 and it was good, but if the A380 B/C experience is a bad as jinks suggests, why not buy 2 or even 3 economy seats for the price of your B/C and you can stretch out all you want - an entire bloody row if you want.

If it's possible to buy extra seats on Ryanair, I don't see why it sould be impossible on Emirates.

:party

aot871
February 18th, 2012, 16:29
I beg to differ with jinks , i enjoyed my 3 trips on emirates 380 business , they offer you a small matteress to lay on the seat , which i found really good

lexusgs
February 19th, 2012, 01:11
I spend quite a lot of time in and out of Dubai flying EK. The A380 is a nice plane to fly but I agree the biz class seats are inferior to the B 777 seat. The A380 does have the free bar of course which helps but the meal service is shit and takes hours to get over. The 777 is quick and easy and u still get the mattress thing for your seat. Flying is personal choice but I'd rather fly the 777 any day. At least there's no cracks in the wings :evil4:

jinks
February 19th, 2012, 01:12
Providing matresses to new seats !!!! Proves my point.

For my Easter trip I am trying a new concept.
Economy - YES cattle class ticket with 12 hours lay over in Dubai.
10 hours sleep and shower in the Terminal 3 Hotel.
Breaking my journey both ways.

P.S. one flight is in an A380 downstairs, I'll find out what it's like.

lexusgs
February 19th, 2012, 01:22
Providing matresses to new seats !!!! Proves my point.

For my Easter trip I am trying a new concept.
Economy - YES cattle class ticket with 12 hours lay over in Dubai.
10 hours sleep and shower in the Terminal 3 Hotel.
Breaking my journey both ways.

P.S. one flight is in an A380 downstairs, I'll find out what it's like.

Jinks,

Why stay in the terminal for 10 hours man? For the price they charge you could stay in a posh 5 star place in Dubai itself. Much more fun and lots of Pinoy boys could go and visit you.
Check out Manjam/GR for Dubai :bounce:

jinks
February 19th, 2012, 01:25
Hotel is now paid for but before my next trip I contact you for fuller details.

February 19th, 2012, 04:45
I have flown on an Emirates A380 in Economy much more comfortable than there smaller aircraft and also on a Qantas A380 more comfortable than a 747 I don't mind Thai A340 in Economy either.

Neal
February 19th, 2012, 08:08
I have traveled on most aircraft until recent and while I have not traveled on the A380 as it came out after I stopped flying, I did experience 747 and the 777 and I must say that above all I loved business and business first in the 777. Awesome comfort with 2 2 and 2.

lonelywombat
February 19th, 2012, 15:32
I have posted a few reviews about the A380 and it is shock less

In the trips I have done from Los/Mel the flights have been magnificent. Travelling to London has only been possible via Singapore but the trip has always been fascinating.

Unfortunately the trips have not always been what I wanted. Travelling to LOS has already made the trip possible.

The trips are so quiet that sometimes you are not aware you have taken off. The trips I have taken have always had the impression that the client has not been sure the aircraft has taken off.

The trips are fascinating and if other flights are not as comfortable, surely not Emirates , then the rest of the trip is worthwhile. Well worth worth while. Not very LOS comfortable as yet, but becoming so very soon.

I would travel on them if they flew from BKK to anywhere.

February 19th, 2012, 16:31
The above post is barely comprehensible.

Are you on drugs?

:occasion9:

Shuee
February 19th, 2012, 21:24
thaiair are certainly lacking behind having no individual tv monitors in there 747, this is well needed

jinks
February 19th, 2012, 21:55
no individual tv monitors

All my flights have TV in every seat.

However ALL of the films that I want to see I have seen.

I used to carry my laptop for my movies, currently I download movies for my flights onto my ipad2.

stevehadders
February 19th, 2012, 23:02
According to their own press releases etc, the new A380 which Thai take delivery of their first 2 in third quarter of this year, will only enter service on their designated routes in 2013. The reasoning is that 6 have been ordered, which will be used to service 2 main routes - thought to be Frankfurt + London to BKK routes (to operate a service they need 3 apparently per route). In the interim the A380 will be utilised on more regional routes.

At the same time, and not before time at all, the 747s have been retired from the London route and used by the long haul airbus (A340?) with the TV on every seat etc. I also believe that some of the "less old" 747 have had a refit for other European routes.

Beachlover
February 20th, 2012, 20:35
I'm the opposite to Jinks... I fly in the A380 for almost every long-haul flight I do going into and out of Asia, several times a year, with Singapore Airlines.

If you're looking for width, the SIA business class seats are the widest of any airline. I love lounging back in them and being able to chuck my laptop and other stuff beside me like I would on a sofa.

Never flown Emirates before but the food in business is something some of my Thai friends who fly Syd-BKK with Emirates always complain of... I had always put that down to their taste and preference for Asian food. Maybe it's actually Emirates.

Scottish... 2-3 economy seats doesn't equate to 1 business class seat on most airlines. Business would have to be utterly terrible for that to be the case. You're better off with the one business class seat. I'm referring to airport service, in-flight service/meals, who you're stuck flying with and comfort too. I had a row of three economy class seats to myself overnight a couple of years ago and that didn't compare with having one business seat now!

P.S. Scottish, I agree... Lonely's post is incoherent!

Shuee
February 20th, 2012, 22:59
no individual tv monitors

All my flights have TV in every seat..

i go from LONDON - BANGKOK so can anyone confirm this route which had dated 747 has now been upgraded inside to have individual tv's? Unlike EVA, thaiair website seems very poor with regards to checking this info

pennyboy
February 21st, 2012, 18:51
I have received a revised e-ticket for my next return flight on Thai Lon/bkk.
The aircraft has been change for both flights from 747 to Airbus A340-600. I have ckecked Seatguru and it shows individual tv monitors for all classes including economy.

aot871
February 21st, 2012, 19:19
for attention of jinks , what emirates flights are you taking that you need a 10hr layover ?

lexusgs
February 21st, 2012, 20:00
Emirates pricing policy varies wildly depending on how long you are prepared to stop over in Dubai. They now fly to BKK around 4 times daily. The longer the lay over the better the pricing.