PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston - Dead 2/11/2012

bucknaway
February 12th, 2012, 08:12
I didn't see this coming but Whitney Houston died today. May she rest in peace.

Whitney Houston died in Beverly Hills hotel room
February 11, 2012 | 5:41 pm

Singer Whitney Houston died Saturday in Beverly Hills, according to law enforcement sources.

Authorities are trying to determine a cause of death. [Updated at 5:46 p.m.: She was found in the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where emergency medical personnel were called sometime Saturday, said the sources, who asked to remain anonymous because the investigation is ongoing.]

Houston, 48, was in the Los Angeles area for a musical tribute to music executive Clive Davis and had performed and spoken to reporters earlier in the week.

The performer had drug and alcohol problems for years, and in May her spokeswoman said she was going back to rehab.

Publicist Kristen Foster told the Associated Press on Saturday that Houston had died but did not provide further details.

According to AP:

At her peak in the 1980s and '90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.

Among her hits were тАЬHow Will I Know,тАЭ тАЬSaving All My Love for YouтАЭ and тАЬI Will Always Love You.тАЭ She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies like тАЬThe Bodyguard.тАЭ

But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.

1PR4BKK
February 12th, 2012, 18:49
This is such a sad turn of events for Whitney and her family. She seemed like she was on the verge of making a triumphant return to the screen and the scene.

I, too, did not see this coming. I was hoping it was some terrible rumor.

R.I.P. Ms. Whitney Houston...

February 13th, 2012, 16:34
Whitney Houston was a wonderful performer and singer. Unfortunately she like so many others became the victim and her life was cut short. In 24 hours I have seen pictures and stories of her last few days on earth and I hope so many of you will celebrate her life and feel sorrow for her passing and not partake in all these gossip columnists who want to take a sad situation and make it so much worse.

Thank you Whitney for all you gave us and if there is an afterlife, may you find peace and happiness.

jinks
February 13th, 2012, 21:13
R.I.P.

All I can think at this moment are some lyrics which ring true.

And I I III will always love you.

Beachlover
February 20th, 2012, 19:47
Deleted
This post you copied was deleted and therefore copying several days ago and trying to post it now that it was deleted is not proper. DaBoss

Beachlover
February 20th, 2012, 19:51
What a shame... she was only in her 40s and coming off a low point.

Can't say it came as too much of a surprise though. She really was a complete mess when she performed in Australia last year. Watching these performances makes you cringe. What a shame she had to finish like this...

[youtube:1uxbosvd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCLvgCAe3tQ[/youtube:1uxbosvd]

[youtube:1uxbosvd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kMF8fSslQ[/youtube:1uxbosvd]