PDA

View Full Version : strange thai habits ?

February 9th, 2012, 11:32
ive noticed on this trip a number of strange things thias do ... riding a motorbike whilst not wearing a crash helmet yet having the helmet in the basket at the front of the bike !! at least its in place if they have a head on crash .
also saw a motorbike taxi guy with a face mask on to protect against the fumes of the traffic ... had the mask pulled down whilst having a smoke !!! good job they are so health conscious ... thats the only things that come to mind at the moment .. .anyone else ??

francois
February 9th, 2012, 12:00
You forgot to mention that the helmet in the basket is designed to block the headlight at night. Another safety feature.

Neal
February 9th, 2012, 12:02
How about driving at night or with a side car with no lights? How about bags of stuff in the front basket blocking the light so it is just as good as driving with no light. Driving on sidewalks and the wrong side of the road? yOU CAN GO ON AND ON WITH THIS THREAD!

cdnmatt
February 9th, 2012, 14:52
That turning the motorcycle light on & off annoys me, because one of these days I'm going to be crossing the street, and walk right into a bike that's going 50km/h. Have had several close calls now. Usually they're pretty good, notice me about to cross, and quickly flip the light on & off, but nonetheless, not a bright way to drive.

So obviously they don't realize they're wearing out their light at least 5 times faster by constantly flipping it on & off, versus just leaving it on.

a447
February 9th, 2012, 15:47
I know a bar boy with a strange habit.

He's a regular of mine from Solid in Bangkok.

Before the deed, he sits BUTT NAKED with a raging HARD-ON on top of the bed, removes his Buddha pendant, places it on the bedhead and...prays to it!

I wonder what he is praying for? Any ideas? hehe

I think he is praying to get the deed over and done with as quickly as possible!

February 9th, 2012, 17:39
noticed some other bits and pieces today ...
why do baht bus drivers who are going the oppersite way of which i am walking bother to beep at me to see if i want to cross the road and go with them back the way ive just come from ?? and thats often even if they have a full bus load ...
why do they have this silly habit of having pavements that are so god damn high ... even a guy 6 foot 3 like me struggles to get up some of them (neal dont tell em im 5 foot nothing ok)..
and why do all thai boys give you that look !!!!!! the one where they sit next to you stick one hand one your leg close enough so the little finger can have a play ... then do the open mouth and bite bottom lip then give a sultry smile ... and when you open your own mouth and start saying .. fuck off you manipulative little bastard .. do the word come out as .. come on lets go to loom ??

pong
February 10th, 2012, 15:29
no, thats all not strange-only in your unadapted minds.
Once there was a laughable thing like a ''test if you were already Thai enough'' from what I remember:
1.sit on the table, but eat on the floor
2.wear your busfare (5 bt then) in your ear
3.kill your granny for 10 bt (it was still brown notes then-and it would buy a ricemeal)-and indeed, it once happened
4.drink beer from a straw and throw as much ice in it as its big
5.lick to above and kick to below (or to same effect)
There were many more, they will probably come above from long time ago after a good night sleep.