PDA

View Full Version : new irish pub where la cage used to be

andrewcraig
February 8th, 2012, 03:29
nothing more about the new irish bar hoping it will be ready for our next trip

joe552
February 8th, 2012, 03:37
Just what the world needs - another 'fake' Irish pub.

Dani69
February 8th, 2012, 18:25
Just what the world needs - another 'fake' Irish pub.

lol so true - one big photo of Mr Bono dont make it an Irish Pub.. :alc:

paperboy
February 8th, 2012, 18:56
hey you lot
i thought the new owner was irish????
Brenden from Dublin
so i think it will not be as you call it a fake

Marsilius
February 8th, 2012, 23:23
Just another bog-standard (sorry for that one!) Irish pub - or, given its location and the fact that it's being plugged on this board, can we expect to see a specifically gay aspect to it?

stevehadders
February 9th, 2012, 02:08
Well lets hope there is some gay angle to it - with their position ie away from the main tourist strip they will only really get gay guys or Arabs walking around (and probably a few gay Arabs :) )

DCbob
February 9th, 2012, 03:32
Passed by it today, and it is still not opened. Saw no sign to indicate when. So I just "Walked on by".

February 9th, 2012, 11:37
im in the internet cafe the bar is open as it was yesterday tho later in the evening it was shut so maybe its just open during the day .. altho there is a blackboard now outside with the words *bar open thursday* so maybe its now up and running !!

gerefan2
February 10th, 2012, 00:15
altho there is a blackboard now outside with the words *bar open thursday* so maybe its now up and running !!
Nope not open tonite (Thursday).
Perhaps the sign means open during the Day only from Thursday! Or maybe cannot get any boys (Standard excuse nowadays)!
Not an auspicious start .....

February 10th, 2012, 00:39
Or maybe cannot get any boys (Standard excuse nowadays)!

An Irish bar that can't get any boys together eh ! - maybe I should go over and audition, I mean I'm sure you'd all be up for a 43 year fat, pale pasty skinned white guy, dancing on stage wearing a thong and girating badly in time to the music on stage every night - right ?? lol :-))) He he actually I'm more certain that he could make a small fortune in people paying to keep me OFF the stage at all !!! Damn, there goes another cracking job opportunity right out the window :-( lol

lonelywombat
February 11th, 2012, 08:32
Apparently it was open last night. Not much to say as this was the first night, but will be interesting to see it last the first week, if itdoes then it will be good.

francois
February 11th, 2012, 09:40
Open last night and very busy.

February 11th, 2012, 10:24
the good thing about this bar is that its going to be a hands off bar ... so you can go in there withoout having some skinny fem boy all over you within 5 seconds of stepping thru the door ..
i had a chat with alan last night he was telling me of the problems they had getting all the licences together .. problems with old ones .. trouble with music licence etc etc etc sounds like its been all hassle !! but a nice bar without doubt ...
even the picture of bono looks good :evil4: ..
so if you want a quiet drink and chat with some friends before going into the fem den .. id recommend this place ..

Manforallseasons
February 11th, 2012, 14:15
the good thing about this bar is that its going to be a hands off bar ... so you can go in there withoout having some skinny fem boy all over you within 5 seconds of stepping thru the door so if you want a quiet drink and chat with some friends before going into the fem den .. id recommend this place ..

Your assessment is spot on, isn't it a shame that Sunee has become a "fem den", those horrible voices.......yuk!

anonone
February 11th, 2012, 15:03
the good thing about this bar is that its going to be a hands off bar ... so you can go in there withoout having some skinny fem boy all over you within 5 seconds of stepping thru the door ..
Different strokes I guess. I enjoy having the skinny boy all over me when I walk into a place :bounce:

Seriously, sounds like they are finally off to a good start. Always happy to see new places open and great to have many choices and variety.

Dani69
February 11th, 2012, 18:21
Wish them well - might even bring them a wee gift from Ireland as I go there before heading to Pattaya for all of April.

February 11th, 2012, 22:46
Different strokes I guess. I enjoy having the skinny boy all over me when I walk into a place :bounce:

Seriously, sounds like they are finally off to a good start. Always happy to see new places open and great to have many choices and variety.
no arguments from me about that ... its just like last night when i wasnt feeling to well and just wanted to have a drink i was able to have one ... nothing wrong with the skinny fem boy all over you type of bar ... but isnt it nice to know if you dont want that, theres a place you can go ?

greenteaman
February 18th, 2012, 21:43
Is the owner of the new Irish bar the same Brendan who has been a visitor to sunnee area for over a decade , If so I know him well

He has bars in Dublin ? white haired man ,? If its the same Brendan hes a lovely man , but i would be suprised if it is him opening a bar

does the new bar have a web page ?

bucknaway
February 18th, 2012, 21:52
I wish someone would open a Thai themed place. Seems everyplace opened in the Tourist areas of Thailand are anything but Thai.

greenteaman
February 18th, 2012, 22:01
I wish someone would open a Thai themed place. Seems everyplace opened in the Tourist areas of Thailand are anything but Thai.

I agree a Themed Thai bar would be great ,but do the punters want it , Monty did attempt one in Jomtien complex a couple of years ago some his staff were dressed in Thai traditional dress, that bar eventually failed through lack of support , seem's that to get the real Mc coy you have to visit Ko samui beach bars with banana leave roof's and bamboo walls ,but alas the lads are western dressed .