PDA

View Full Version : Lies, stories, tales, fibs, & whatever you want to hear!

Shuee
February 7th, 2012, 03:29
im getting SO annoyed with all the lies, tales, stories or whatever a THAI boy feels you want to hear at the time!
i just dont get it? why do they do it? as its so prevalent i can only assume its a cultural thing? & deep within the family? i even recall a thai guy telling me he was so peed off with all the lies he keeps getting told from his thai friends, so have we got no hope? is it lies or is this the way of a thai? is this what they generally do to get the falangs money & now its grown on them?
This goes beyond buffalo die send money & i love you (i lie you!!) its much deeper than this, but so frustrating now, you may as well not talk to them because they will tell you what the hell they like, ive been in los many years now & this is really getting to me now!
Maybe its just a beer/gogo bar thing, as i cannot comment on thai's in general & away from the scene, but what i hear from them leads to mistrust in thais in general unfortunately

February 7th, 2012, 04:25
I have to agree Shuee - only today I got a text message from a Thai guy I'd been with a few years ago and still see sometimes socially (just for a beer) when I'm in Bkk. Unfortunately even though he was a lovely guy for ages he then one night went a bit nuts (I suspect because of drugs) and we had to part company - anyway, as I said I sometimes still see him for a beer but that's all and no money every changes hands or is asked for (except for me buying all the beer of course !) anyway so, he called me today to tell me the sad news that his mother had just died last week and that he was really upset etc, and I have to say the second thing that came into my mind a part from "oh that's terrible news" was " oh right, here we go" - and I HATE that I'm becoming that cynical over something that I do believe to be genuine, but it IS a direct result to having listened to SO many lies and stories from Thai guys over the years.

I've even sat in company with several Thai guys where they are actually sit on their mobiles ( supplied by their farang who thinks because it has Skype and GPS software on it that he can keep a tight watch on them of course) and they sit there lying through their teeth to their "BF" about everything and anything, almost without even realising they are doing it it's become that much second nature to them - things such as them sending a GPS tag to show they are at home being a good boy etc only to then immediately head straight out the door the second the call is finished to hit DJ and find their new cash waving farang for the night, plus lots of other stuff so minor that they didn't even NEED to lie about it and then right through then to the real hum dingers such a family members being ill / dying etc, which of course has their farang BF's immediately reaching for their wallets to help out with whatever disaster they tell them that has befallen this week, then they then hang up, share the latest joke / trick / lie with their friends and all have a laugh at just how stupid we farang all are. The only consolation is as you said that they DO lie to each other just as much as to us so I think it's just become part of their second nature by now.

So, I'm not sure what one can do about that except perhaps to avoid that "type" of guy and I'd be interested to hear others views as to IS this behaviour endemic right throughout all levels of Thai society or just perhaps restricted to the (low) levels of guys that we perhaps tend to see and meet on the scene etc ?? - I hope and pray it is but somehow I'm just not so sure? But I'm happy to be corrected or made better informed if anyone choses ?

latintopxxx
February 7th, 2012, 05:33
chaps...a reality check..this is only 1 segment of Thai society...and not the best either..

martin911
February 7th, 2012, 11:56
Oh but they are an awful bunch of rascals when it comes to telling lies/fibs etc !!!!!--even for the simpliest of stuff

My current BF could not lie straight in bed as the expression goes !!!!!

I asked him one day that i got back to the house late had anybody walked the dog -i usually do it but as there is 3/4 others in the place its the one thing that i ask that they do if im not there .

Yes he replied to me from the snugness of the couch where he was curled up -- ,i asked where (just out of conversation ,nothing else )-he procedded to tell me the route he had taken -left here right there ,then up by the market and around bla bla bla --such detail lol

Previously he had been talking about buying a new ball for the dog to play with ,again out of conversation i asked has he looked in the market (that he had passed ! ) for one
He then procedded to tell me yes he had looked ,examined many types and thought none were strong enough for her as she tends to demolish them at breakneck speed but he intended to look in WatChai market later for one

Later that evening i noticed the dog lead and collar in preciously the same place i Had left then (not the usual place we all leave it ) when i last walked the dog !!!! - which ment the little fucker was telling porkies
I sauntered back into the living room and causually asked where he had left the lead as i wanted to go out for a late walk --- i took great comfort in watching him go around the place for where he had left them (not )-- the ensuing row was fun !!!!

But i see them ALL do it --to us farang ,to their famlies and all the time to each other -- one guy arrived home one nite with a birthday present
( new shirt) for another boy here -had it in a bag from central and said that was where he got it - but the little bollix had been in Chatachuk same day !!!! -- that row was fun to watch too !!!!!

Rascals the lot !!

martin911
February 7th, 2012, 12:25
NI --i dont think its just confined to the type of guys we meet on the gogo boy scene -

Ive done business in Thailand for over 12 odd years (i sell a product into Thai companies )and have experience of other levels of Thai society from that

I have found that from my Thai agent to the financial controllers to the MDs of the companies i deal with its pretty much a fact that the telling of lies is
a factor here --much more so than in other nationalities -- (apart from China Grrr )

It ranges from small lies " no i did not pay that price to xyz " to much larger more serious ones -" yes i will open that L/C on monday so please ship soonest "(not fun when you have containers of product stacked in the port!! )

Over many years i have tried to get my agent to understand (changed a few also but found they are all similar in that regard ) that its better to know the "bad truth " so to speak rather than to be told lies so you can plan accordingly!! .

I dont think you can just put it down to the "Face "thing also the telling of untruths-

A Belgian friend of mine has 2 manufacturing plants here and he has found it to be part of the culture of doing business in Thailand also !!

February 7th, 2012, 12:39
I am not quite sure but I heard they learned it from some of the falang that hung out in the chat forums! :dontknow: :evil4:

lexusgs
February 7th, 2012, 12:53
Come on guys, most here have been travelling to Thailand for years. Take it all with a pinch of salt as it's just part of the culture. Where else are you gonna find cute guys who are calling you handsome....I've told one or two porky's myself.

martin911
February 7th, 2012, 13:03
Come on guys, most here have been travelling to Thailand for years. Take it all with a pinch of salt as it's just part of the culture. Where else are you gonna find cute guys who are calling you handsome....I've told one or two porky's myself.

I think you have hit the nail on the head --it is just part of the culture !!

Jellybean
February 7th, 2012, 15:09
YouтАЩve probably heard this a 100 times before Shuee, but the advice handed down from father to son since time out of mind is: When dealing with prostitutes (the world over) believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. That way you should never feel a sense of disappointment. And, as lexusgs said, just, тАЬTake it all with a pinch of saltтАЭ and donтАЩt let it upset you or spoil your time in Thailand.

But I must say I have been surprised at just how many of the boys mothers and fathers die whilst going out with me. I was beginning to think I was some sort of Jonah!

I think the most blatant lie that I can recall off hand, is from my ex-boyfriend who came to see me last September. He brought with him his тАШnephewтАЩ. A young lad whom he said I had met when we were going out together. I didnтАЩt recall meeting him. We went out for a meal and whilst my ex was at the toilet the тАШnephewтАЩ told me that my ex still loved me and wanted me to return to him. He added that he too wanted to find a farang boyfriend like me. So far, so good. But later I found out from two other Thai sources that the тАШnephewтАЩ is, in fact, my exтАЩs boyfriend! My ex is still calling denying that the boy I was introduced to is his boyfriend!

I was going to say that I would find it hard to believe that telling lies is endemic in Thai culture, but was surprised to read Martin911тАЩs account of his dealings with Thai businessmen. Then I thought, wait a minute, what are you thinking, in nearly all of my dealings with businessmen in the UK I found most lied about their income and their expenses. So maybe prostitutes and businessmen have something more in common than simply carrying on a trade тАУ just a thought.

lexusgs
February 7th, 2012, 15:19
YouтАЩve probably heard this a 100 times before Shuee, but the advice handed down from father to son since time out of mind is: When dealing with prostitutes (the world over) believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. That way you should never feel a sense of disappointment. And, as lexusgs said, just, тАЬTake it all with a pinch of saltтАЭ and donтАЩt let it upset you or spoil your time in Thailand.

But I must say I have been surprised at just how many of the boys mothers and fathers die whilst going out with me. I was beginning to think I was some sort of Jonah!

I think the most blatant lie that I can recall off hand, is from my ex-boyfriend who came to see me last September. He brought with him his тАШnephewтАЩ. A young lad whom he said I had met when we were going out together. I didnтАЩt recall meeting him. We went out for a meal and whilst my ex was at the toilet the тАШnephewтАЩ told me that my ex still loved me and wanted me to return to him. He added that he too wanted to find a farang boyfriend like me. So far, so good. But later I found out from two other Thai sources that the тАШnephewтАЩ is, in fact, my exтАЩs boyfriend! My ex is still calling denying that the boy I was introduced to is his boyfriend!

I was going to say that I would find it hard to believe that telling lies is endemic in Thai culture, but was surprised to read Martin911тАЩs account of his dealings with Thai businessmen. Then I thought, wait a minute, what are you thinking, in nearly all of my dealings with businessmen in the UK I found most lied about their income and their expenses. So maybe prostitutes and businessmen have something more in common than simply carrying on a trade тАУ just a thought.

Thanks for sharing your story about your ex Jellybean. Amazing Thailand eh :bounce:

cdnmatt
February 7th, 2012, 16:32
I don't understand it myself, and probably never will, but yes, they all lie. If you're talking with a Thai, regardless from which walk of life, just go under the assumption they don't have any issue with lieing. I don't know why, but they do, and they do with a big smile on their face, and nobody has any issues with it. Maybe it has to do with the whole respect & saving face thing, but I don't really know. It's just simply a part of life here though.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Kim lies to me anymore, as he's learned it's less painful to be honest, and because he knows how much it hurts me if and when I do catch him in a lie. And I know he's telling the truth, because otherwise I'd be hearing different stories. For example, bought him a small gold necklace for his birthday (first present I've ever got him, actually), and noticed it was gone one day, so naturally asked him where it was. His answer? His "friend" conned him into pawning it for 2000 baht, because he wanted to play more baccarat, but promised to pay him back later.

And we know this guy, and he's your 100% typical lieing Pattaya money-boy. He comes by every few months, and each time he has a new farang boyfriend he just loves oh-so-much. The day before, I got sucked into buying the guys' 18,000 baht laptop for 5500 baht, and within hours that money was already gone to baccarat. So on one hand I'm pissed at Kim for pawning my birthday present and actually believing this guy is going to pay him back, but on the other hand I can't get too angry, because I know he's telling the truth. Otherwise, I would have heard a story about how his little sister needed money for the baby or something, not "I got conned by a Pattaya money boy to feed his gambling addiction".

For another example, last week Kim's dad got into a motorcycle accident on his way home from work, so naturally, the next day we went out to see him in the hospital. Thankfully, nothing major, so that was a relief. Bumped his head pretty good, and got a concussion, but all in all he's fine. Nonetheless, a hospital bill for 1400 baht comes. Hospital bill? Hmmm... Thailand has universal health care, it's 30 baht, not 1400. I'm not going to cause a problem over 1400 baht, I'm happy to help a little, understand Kim is obligated to help out a bit, and also feels obligated to go along with these oh-so-clever-and-sneaky games. So I didn't say anything, went along with it, and just shrugged it off as TiT.

However, later that night on the ride home, Kim confides in me and says, "you know, my dad is going to go back to the hospital tomorrow, and pickup that money, right?". I could be wrong, but I don't think most Thais would confide into a farang, "yeah, that hospital bill was actually fake, and my dad just screwed you out of 1400 baht, eh?". So I have to give him kudos for that type of thing.

Some are horrible at lieing though. I even had one guy show up at my house before looking for Kim, and he introduced himself as Kim's older brother. Well, this guy was about 35, and Kim's mom had him when she was 15 / 16, so... unless Kim's mom was popping out kids when she was like 4 years old, I'm pretty certain this guy wasn't his older brother.

Anyway, whew, I trailed off there, and can't even remember what my original point was, so I'll end this here. :-)

February 7th, 2012, 16:50
Thanks Martin, Matt etc, I think that was the answer I know I and also Shuee were looking for i.e. was it endemic behaviour throughout the business world etc and not just restricted to guys in the bar trade etc, so Latin it seems that your view of it just being one small section of Thai society may not be as accurate as you thought :-(

As as for the comment about business men and prostitutes perhaps not being that different after all - I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK !! lol

February 7th, 2012, 16:58
i love the fact all us are so pure .. they all lie but we never do ... do you not think they notice the little looks that are given when we pass by the boy that we fucked last night .. and when they ask do you know him we say no never seen him before .. and dont know why he smiled at me .. lets not pretend its all one way

Dodger
February 7th, 2012, 17:17
I have found Thais to be honest unless they are selling something, but unfortunately, most of them are selling something.

christianpfc
February 8th, 2012, 00:59
As I wrote already on gaybuttonthai:

It was very irritating to me the first times I came to Thailand, but I got used to it. I know rather call it unreliability and not lie.

A good example from my last holiday: I had an appointment with a boy. He is not on time (anyway, I usually plan one hour late arrival, which means I choose place and time so that I can spend the time waiting doing something useful). I call him, but cannot get a connection. Finally, two hours after our appointment, I can get a connection. There is disco music in the background, he says he couldn't come to see me. No explanation. He didn't lie to me, he just changed his plans.

I have learnt to accept such behavior as normal (however, if it happens again I will stop contacting him) and just move on.

But to be fair, I know a few who are on time and don't tell lies.

February 8th, 2012, 01:25
Christian, many of us do not accept such behavior and put down certain rules that cannot be broken. One such rule is always the respect as to time and why. If a person I have any type of arrangement with, should it be dinner or sex, etc. and they are not there within 15 minutes of the agreed apon time, I leave and do something else without them. They either learn you mean business or they don't very quickly. In the case of dinner, if they miss dinner, they don't get money to buy from the cart because that would defeat the purpose of learning their lesson. Some may call this overly strict but that is why some boys think they can do as they wish all the time. The boy doesn't show up within 30 min of the scheduled time, I leave and do something else and when he comes and rings the bell, nobody home or I go to sleep and disconnect the bell. His loss. They learn. :dontknow:

As an add on, I sometimes make arrangements to meet people for dinner or something. Same goes for them. I consider it extremely disrespectful for someone to be late and not have the courtesy of calling, and I don't mean after they are already late or at the specified time. Should be at least 30 minutes to an hour prior.

martin911
February 8th, 2012, 01:58
Christian, many of us do not accept such behavior and put down certain rules that cannot be broken. One such rule is always the respect as to time and why. If a person I have any type of arrangement with, should it be dinner or sex, etc. and they are not there within 15 minutes of the agreed apon time, I leave and do something else without them. They either learn you mean business or they don't very quickly. In the case of dinner, if they miss dinner, they don't get money to buy from the cart because that would defeat the purpose of learning their lesson. Some may call this overly strict but that is why some boys think they can do as they wish all the time. The boy doesn't show up within 30 min of the scheduled time, I leave and do something else and when he comes and rings the bell, nobody home or I go to sleep and disconnect the bell. His loss. They learn. :dontknow:

As an add on, I sometimes make arrangements to meet people for dinner or something. Same goes for them. I consider it extremely disrespectful for someone to be late and not have the courtesy of calling, and I don't mean after they are already late or at the specified time. Should be at least 30 minutes to an hour prior.

So Neal going on your above rules does that mean that Beachy, if he still turns turn up for the prior drink/chat arrangement you mentioned previously --does that mean he will be left ringing a disconnected bell ?? :scratch: (similar really to the man himself hehe ) :evil4:

Sorry boss -i just could not resist :laughing3 :notworthy:

colmx
February 8th, 2012, 04:59
One memorable instance from my last holiday was when i was with a Thai aquaintance in "the club" and asked him if he had a mobile
He answered "no".
Around an hour later he asked me "friend call, ok they come or not?"

When I asked him how did his friend call... he just smiled sheepishly
I guess he was scared i would start looking at his pics or SMSs

I have learned with my BF that it is better never to ask a direct question about his sexual liaisons when i am out of the country.
So my usual question now is:
"you get boy last 4-5 days" or "how many boys you get from when i see you last time" - which usually ends up a horny (or disaster) tale recanted from the recent past

If on the other hand i asked him every day for a month "did you get boy last night" the answer would always be "No"
Guess he doesn't want to hurt my feelings! :blackeye: :blackeye: And its more acceptable to tell tales a few days after the event

pong
February 8th, 2012, 07:54
why do they do it?
Come on- adapt to local customs. If you had just opened your mind you would have learnt in a day or 2 that asking why (thammai) brings you nothing in TH here. Just skip that idiot farang way of thinking.

pong
February 8th, 2012, 07:55
. Where else are you gonna find cute guys who are calling you handsome....I've told one or two porky's myself.
About anywhere in Asia- as the only criterium for that is a white skin.

Beachlover
February 8th, 2012, 08:43
Shuee... Firstly, in my experience, Thais do lie to each other fairly often but that's not much different from many other Asian countries (I'm looking at you, China, Vietnam and India). I don't know if it's due to economic status or culture. Maybe a combination.

Secondly, if you're dealing with gogo boys and moneyboys and you're a "customer", there's a greater chance they're going to lie to you. There's an incentive to lie and it's a common practice in the industry.

So you're basically being hit with a double whammy there... That's all it is. All I would say is if you're sick of people lying to you, spend time with genuine guys.

chaps...a reality check..this is only 1 segment of Thai society...and not the best either..
When dealing with prostitutes (the world over) believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear.
Perfectly said.

I'm not sure what one can do about that except perhaps to avoid that "type" of guy and I'd be interested to hear others views as to IS this behaviour endemic right throughout all levels of Thai society or just perhaps restricted to the (low) levels of guys that we perhaps tend to see and meet on the scene etc ??
Lying isn't restricted to prostitutes in Thailand... Plenty of Thais outside that segment lie. But lying to the extent and frequency you describe is probably something most common with the segment of people you spend time with. Less common in the rest of the population.

I meet plenty of Thais with integrity who feel bad about any prospect of lying. I've also befriended some who are happy to tell "white lies" (say something, make them happy, is ok - as Martin911 describes above) and found you can change their mindset on this over time... doesn't happen overnight. It's a progressive thing. When you're spending time with them, you set an example and in any situation when they question why you don't just "lie" and say "no need to tell them that!" you explain why you're doing it. Might be similar to what Cdnmatt describes doing with Kim.

I know rather call it unreliability and not lie... A good example from my last holiday: I had an appointment with a boy... he just changed his plans.

But to be fair, I know a few who are on time and don't tell lies.
I think there's a difference between telling lies and being unreliable.

There are reliable and unreliable people in all cultures, though less so in countries like Germany, Japan and Singapore where punctuality is highly valued.

My occasional BF in Bangkok said his Mum taught him the importance of being on time for people... so he's always on time. He's better than me - apologises even if he's 2 minutes late.

My current Thai BF is also always reliable but he has business partners and staff who aren't. With business partners he's annoyed but takes it with a smile and is more tolerant. With staff, he just sacks them if it happens a few times.

Another factor you should keep in mind is the language difficulty and the attitude that a "white lie" is ok.

Sometimes Thais will tell you something that isn't accurate because it's easier than trying to explain the whole convoluted story in broken English.

February 8th, 2012, 09:28
During the first few years of my stay in LOS I repeatedly tried to get into Thai people's backgrounds; especially with potential LT partners.
It caused head aches all over although I like jigsaw puzzles, it was impossible to figure out who or what was behind the boy.

NOW I ask questions out of interest and some information may be stored on my HD, but most of the information is taken for granted and I'm not really bothered anymore.

February 9th, 2012, 00:20
I meet plenty of Thais with integrity who feel bad about any prospect of lying. I've also befriended some who are happy to tell "white lies" (say something, make them happy, is ok

You know I think that's what cracks me up the most sometimes as where in the west we would think nothing of telling a white lie to spare someone's feelings and in fact would be encouraged to be society i.e someone wearing something new which we HATE but we know as it is new and they like it we smile and say "yes, very nice, lovely colour" etc etc - whereas Thai guys ( in my experience) will lie about stuff that I would class as semi important whereas have no compunction whatsoever in when you're walking out of the shower or something turn around and saying something totally cutting like " oh look at your big belly" etc ete ( just for example;-) and as they don't seem to comprise the "it's nice to be polite" chip in their heads which always leaves me thinking "WOW, as you're such a good liar about everything else could you not just lie to me about that as well" lol. Whereas the other thing I know is they can look you in the eye and say just about whatever they want about your looks, your weight, your age, your cock you name it all smiles and laughing - until you say ONE negative thing about them and then BOOM ! stand back and watch the sparks fly ! lol

martin911
February 9th, 2012, 01:23
Indeed a angry Thai is to be avoided at all costs !!

latintopxxx
February 9th, 2012, 12:41
i really don't understand the whole angry Thai fear factor...I treat my gogo boys like sex objects...humiliate them...complain that i'm paying too much for sloppy arse...that a women has a tighter one...pull them off my dick so they can grab a beer out of thr mini-bar and serve it to me...and yet I have never encountered an angry Thai...

February 9th, 2012, 14:14
I treat my gogo boys like sex objects...humiliate them...complain that i'm paying too much for sloppy arse....and yet I have never encountered an angry Thai...

I can only imagine that in their heads they've just got you down as just another low life rude ignorant farang and basically will do just whatever it takes to get their money and get the hell away from you and as for your last statement I think you're absolutely right in your choice of word......"i have never encountered an angry Thai YET !! - as I'm guessing someday if what you say is true about how you speak to and treat people you'll pick the wrong guy and end up very much the worse for it, personally I've stood and watched a few different farang getting the shit kicked out of them by groups of Thai guys in the street for various reasons - and you know what every single one of them brought it on themselves and deserved it !

cdnmatt
February 9th, 2012, 15:00
i really don't understand the whole angry Thai fear factor...I treat my gogo boys like sex objects...humiliate them...complain that i'm paying too much for sloppy arse...that a women has a tighter one...pull them off my dick so they can grab a beer out of thr mini-bar and serve it to me...and yet I have never encountered an angry Thai...

Go up to a village in Issan, look for someone laying down relaxing, take your shoe off, and put the sole of your foot close to his face. You'll see what we mean.

latintopxxx
February 9th, 2012, 18:43
..funny you talk about shoes..two of my top favourite humiliation acts is,
..position the boy on all fours and use him like a coffee table, place my feet on his back and back of his head
..use him as a foot stool whilst lacing up my shoes..again back of the head
..position boy on his back...scissor fuck him..and place one foot on his face...while I hammer away..
NEVER had a problem to date..
After our date is finished..boy is dressed...waiting for his money...get him to kneel down..kiss my feet..and thank me for choosing him..
NEVER had a problem..

cdnmatt
February 9th, 2012, 18:52
After our date is finished..boy is dressed...waiting for his money...get him to kneel down..kiss my feet..and thank me for choosing him..

Now I know you're full of shit. Nobody is getting down to kiss your feet, dude.

Quit trolling...

sing_lofty_sing
February 10th, 2012, 01:58
Yeh so what ehhh guys! I lie too! I tell the Thai boys im a Doctor or Airline pilot or a dirty old man in a jungle warfare uniform.Think once i was even a member of Parliment- well they all lie anyway so why not lol.
Couldnt care less as after my 2 weeks whoreing it im back in the UK getting on with my life never in 99.9% of the time ever to see the guy again. Keeps him amused anyway. And so when he tells me his lies i just agree with him and have a laugh about it when i get home with me pals down the pub.
Lifes to short to burst a blood vessel over holiday lies.

February 10th, 2012, 02:07
i agree with you lofty . and although im not out .. i do tell my friend i had lots of sex with lots of ladies ... eww .. never felt the need to say what ive done to them tho ...

Dodger
February 10th, 2012, 05:53
No fact is more firmly established than that lying is a necessity of our
circumstances--the deduction that it is then a Virtue goes without saying.
No virtue can reach its highest usefulness without careful and diligent
cultivation--therefore, it goes without saying that this one ought to be
taught in the public schools--even in the newspapers. What chance has the
ignorant uncultivated liar against the educated expert? What chance do I have
against a lawyer? Judicious lying is what the world needs.
I sometimes think it were even better and safer not to lie at all than to lie
injudiciously. An awkward, unscientific lie is often as ineffectual as the
truth.

Now let us see what the philosophers say. Note that venerable proverb:
Children and fools always speak the truth. The deduction is plain...adults
and wise persons never speak it. Some historians say "The principle
of truth may itself be carried into an absurdity."
"The saying is old that truth should not be spoken at all
times; and those whom a sick conscience worries into habitual violation of
the maxim are imbeciles and nuisances." It is strong language, but true. None
of us could live with an habitual truth-teller; but thank goodness none of
us has to. An habitual truth-teller is simply an impossible creature; he does
not exist; he never has existed. Of course there are people who think they
never lie, but it is not so--and this ignorance is one of the very things that
shame our so-called civilization. Everybody lies...every day; every hour;
awake; asleep; in his dreams; in his joy; in his mourning; if he keeps his
tongue still, his hands, his feet, his eyes, his attitude, will convey
deception--and purposely. Even in sermons--but that is a platitude.

Mark Twain

February 10th, 2012, 08:59
I always tell a Thai boy I have taken from a bar that I have a boyfriend that way he knows Im not gonna be his boyfriend and they all seem to get a kick about helping me cheat on my boyfrined when they ask where my boyfreind is I say Surin.

Jellybean
February 14th, 2012, 16:42
I would like to provide an update on my earlier post on the subject of lies, stories, tales, fibs and deception, having received yet another тАШphone call from one of my ex-boyfriends.

The subject of how much to pay a bar boy is an issue which comes up on this forum on a regular basis. My reading of the cost of offing a bar boy leads me to conclude that few of the boys are likely to make a substantial amount of money, but probably more so than if they had stayed at home and worked on a farm or in a factory. Most of the boys whom IтАЩve been with gave me the impression that they live hand-to-mouth with no thought to the future.

However, there are surely many visitors to ThailandтАЩs male go-go bars who donтАЩt come here on a budget and who donтАЩt quibble about whether to pay the bar boy a 1,000, 1,500 or 2,000 Baht off fee. I really donтАЩt recall reading about that type of visitor on this forum, the ones who are prepared to lavish large amounts of money and presents on their boys and where, perhaps, money is of no object. I suppose it is this type of customer that many bar boys aspire to find, the тАЬgolden ticketтАЭ customer, if you like.

I know four boys who work in the Boys Bangkok/ Dream Boys bars in тАШSoi TwilightтАЩ in Bangkok, one of whom is one of my ex-boyfriends. With over 100 guys working in those two bars the competition for customers is, I would imagine, fierce and I assume that the majority of boys go home each night without having been offтАЩd. I havenтАЩt been to those two bars for over a year, but the boys tell me that most of the customers are Asian not westerners. And, as CoffeeBreak mentioned on another thread, the price of the first drink has now risen to 330 Baht, which the boys say many customers complain about and which, together with the high off fee, they blame for the lack of customers who are prepared to take them out of the bar. My ex said he counted only 4 farang amongst 70-80 customers the previous night. Sounds like with so much completion and so few customers heтАЩs not making a lot, if any, money and yet again he asked if we could get back together. You will note that he didnтАЩt say he wanted us to get back together because he loved or missed me, no he and, by association, his family are short of money and the family have asked him to return to me. Well, at least he was honest, although I donтАЩt think he understood the consequences of what he had just said. I do however feel sorry for his family as he is their only source of income. But there is still the unresolved question of his Thai boyfriend, which he continues to deny. Anyway, I wonтАЩt be going back.

Now to get back to the main reason for making this further post, he also told me that one of the other boys, whom I also know, has four regular customers (that he knows about) and from the money they have provided recently he has been able to buy another 3 rai of land (A rai = 1,600 sq m) at a cost of 200,000 Baht. I believe he already has 8 rai of land! Clearly this particular bar boy has a very astute business head on him and has used his talents to great personal financial benefit. IтАЩve only known him as a friend, well more of an acquaintance than a friend, and not as a customer and I found him to be very charming. I heard from him how he was able to convince customers that they were the only ones in his life and how much he loved them. He was even able to get one very rich American to buy him a new house, several rai of land, a tractor and a car. He is obviously very good at his job and deception and manipulation appear to come easy to him. He seems to me to have a clear business plan and he hopes to leave the bar scene very soon to work on his farm, from which he hopes to receive a very sizeable annual income.

I spoke to him last week when he told me all about his customers and his plans, so I got this information straight from the horseтАЩs mouth, as it were, and not just from my ex. He also invited me to go with him to Issan to view his newly purchased land and other possessions. He also mentioned that he hasnтАЩt seen his boyfriend for a month. His boyfriend is also a bar boy, but he works in another bar in тАШSoi TwilightтАЩ. The real boyfriend has been with a farang customer for the last 4 weeks and he apparently doesnтАЩt know that the guy he is with has a comparatively rich Thai boyfriend who also works as a bar boy. So between them the two boys appear to be bringing in a great deal of money and they are not just simply surviving, which is sometimes the impression I have of those who work in the male go-go bar scene.

I rather doubt that the farang who are currently bankrolling the bar boy have any idea of the true extent of his financial assets or of his ability to run several customers at the same time. In one way I admire his business acumen, but he is most definitely being deceitful, or at the very least, he is not telling the whole truth to his customers/ "boyfriends". But on the other hand, I wouldnтАЩt like to think of anyone I know getting involved with such a deceitful and unscrupulous character. I canтАЩt recall any recent stories on this forum of members having admitted to having been fleeced/taken-in/ lied to on such a grand scale/deceived by a bar boy, although I appreciate it is not something most of us would want to own up to on a public forum. I think however we should remind ourselves that such people do exist on the go-go bar scene and be aware that they are all too eager to remove us of our hard earned cash.

Of course IтАЩve no idea how typical this particular bar boyтАЩs story is, but surely him and his boyfriend canтАЩt be the only successful bar boys in тАШSoi TwilightтАЩ or anywhere else on the Thai go-go bar scene for that matter.

Apologies for the length of this post.

martin911
February 14th, 2012, 19:24
Im not sure how many boys are as lucky as the boy above???
--
It prob would be better to start a new topic on this to gauge how many boys might be recieving money like that !!
so il open one to see

lexusgs
February 15th, 2012, 01:43
Hi Jellybean,

I had a couple of drinks in Boys Bangkok tonight. First drink 280 second drink 250. BIG selection of guys on stage tonight and some real quality there. You are right though in terms
of customers. Tonight only 2 farangs in the place. The rest Asian. However the whole of the soi looked pretty quiet overall tonight!
On the subject of guys being deceitful clearly the stunners out there know how to use what they have got. All I can say is buyer beware. This particular type of character is not just
isolated to Bangkok. The few stunners that are in Pattaya are up to the same thing. Guys that gym it every day and are aware of their looks know exactly how to screw you. I know
at least 3 or 4 of them in Pattaya but they shall remain nameless as a matter of respect. One of my ex bf's has been around Pattaya for 5/6 years. There was a time when he had at least
4 different guys sending him 20,000 to 25, 000 bht per month. I remember the conversation where he told me there was an AUS guy, German Guy, Norwegian and an American who would
arrive at different times of the year and he would take great care of them bla bla. He had his head screwed on though as he built a house at home in Issan with the proceeds. Not easy to listen
to but to these guys they make their job an art form. To this guy it truly is a job and nothing more! He was also able to chat to guys on msn etc that he'd met on GR. Never meet them and tell them a tale of woe. Money would be sent via Western Union without even meeting up. I can understand how farangs get so close to these guys with the web of lies they can spin. Many guys get caught up in seeking companionship from these guys not just sex. As I have been in Thailand more or less permanently for nearly 5 years and got close to some of the Thai guys some of their stories of what they are capable of astound me. Not all but a fair percentage are capable of cleaning out your bank account. I encourage many farangs to take a close look at their bf's before they get involved in sending allowances on a long term basis! Buyer beware.

christianpfc
February 15th, 2012, 02:35
Thanks for sharing, Jellybean.

So the monthly income seems to range from just getting by (no regular customer) to many tenthousands of Baht from up to several customers or "boyfriends".

TravellerDave
February 15th, 2012, 22:22
Some of these boys have lying down to a fine art but can be remarkably candid at times.
During my Oct/Nov 2011 trip I had offed a stunner from a Pattaya gogo and was keen to keep him for the few days i had remaining in Pats. He obviously didnt see me as a long-term prospect and talked to me about 2 guys who were sending him money.
One was a bit eratic sending him only 5000 occasionaly but the other came up with 20,000 baht every month. He even showed me photos of the latter guy (Brian from England) on his phone - who looked about 50 and reasonably smart
Later in my room we were in bed and his phone rang - he motioned with his lips that it was Brian and the lies started flowing. The boy was home in Si-Saket and had been working on the farm. Yes his family were fine but money was "small". Yes he was waiting for him to come to Thailand in December and it would be great that they could be together and go travelling.
The boy had indicated that I should be silent which I was although at the same time reflecting on the gullibility of the guy.
As soon he signed off with a kiss down the phone he commenced sucking my dick !.
Pattaya = Money Number 1. Eh