PDA

View Full Version : Golden Banana Siem Reap. Boutique Hotel and also Resort.

lonelywombat
February 4th, 2012, 12:30
A gay teacher travelling with both parents and partner to do Anghor, asked for recommendations for a place where he and his boyfriend could still do their own thing, but not be remote from his oldies. I had only stayed at Mens Club so asked some expats for advice. They all suggested Golden Banana with one recommending the parents stay at the Boutique Hotel and the boys get a unit overlooking to pool in The Resort ,next door.

Golden Banana is a small stroll to the market area where all the shops and restaurants are, so was perfectly placed.

The original website did not do much for me but this alternate one looks really good. I could be tempted to stay there myself sometime soon.

http://goldenbanana.info/nomobi/js/home/

[attachment=2:hc80pq5w]GBanana_Room1 006.JPG[/attachment:hc80pq5w]
[attachment=1:hc80pq5w]GBanana_Room1 011.JPG[/attachment:hc80pq5w]
[attachment=0:hc80pq5w]GBanana_F&B 008.JPG[/attachment:hc80pq5w]

joe552
February 6th, 2012, 05:06
I stayed at the Golden Banana a few years ago, the pool was there, but the new block wasn't finished. I really liked it. Friendly staff, good accommodation, and a short walk into town. I'd recommend it.

paulo15
February 8th, 2012, 04:11
Hi,
Golden banana is a great choice, very relaxed place with nice service, a five minute walk to the old market and pub street but in a quiet spot. I'd go for the resort for both of you as the rooms are large with balconies and built around the pool, some of the upper level rooms have steep stairs so watch that if anyone has mobility issues... I've stayed many times and love it. Unlike Men's, it's very mixed so no one feels uncomfortable
Cheers
Paulo

Beachlover
February 8th, 2012, 08:55
Golden Banana is a good choice as it's more gay friendly than average and a lot of gays stay there but you also get plenty of straight couples. So your gay teacher mate and his partner can stay in the same hotel as his parents, no problems. No need to stay in separate hotels but if you need to then yes, you can split between the GB Hotel and GB Resort.

FarangBuddha
December 5th, 2012, 15:33
Golden Banana is a good choice as it's more gay friendly than average and a lot of gays stay there but you also get plenty of straight couples. So your gay teacher mate and his partner can stay in the same hotel as his parents, no problems. No need to stay in separate hotels but if you need to then yes, you can split between the GB Hotel and GB Resort.

"Gay friendly;" isn't it gay owned?

Neal
December 5th, 2012, 16:18
I don't know if it is or is not but this is all over their website.

Hip, stylish, and gay-friendly

Although I think I heard that Agoda does not allow anyone to say it is gay or not, this was taken directly from their website.