PDA

View Full Version : visa

paperboy
January 31st, 2012, 23:56
hi
this might be a silly question, but ive just thought to myself, that i will be in thailand this summer for a total of 32 days
i m thinking i read some where the tourist visa is only for 30 days, what should or can i do about the 2 days
or is it ok???
thanks

paperboy

francois
February 1st, 2012, 01:02
A tourist visa, which you apply for and pay for prior to arrival, is for 60 days.

A "visa" upon arrival is for 30 days which is likely what you mean.

You can pay a fine at the airport on departure if more then one day over the 30 days. They usually let you go if only by one day. But if you are stopped by police prior to the airport you will be in big trouble.

Play it safe and apply for a tourist visa at the Thai consulate where you now reside.

Neal
February 1st, 2012, 03:20
Or prior to it expiring he can go down to the immigration office on jomtien beach with his airline ticket or a copy and get a 2 day or more ext for the same fine price and not worry about getting stopped. The ext gets stamped into hos passport and all is good.

arsenal
February 1st, 2012, 07:18
DO NOT remain in Thailand without a valid visa. The Thai Tourist Authority used to proudly claim that their immigration jails had been condemmed by Amnesty as a deterrent. Buy it before you leave home and then it's done.

pong
February 1st, 2012, 08:02
there MAY be (WILL be if youre OZzie) a pwobwem with check-in: the airline can/will refuse you, as you do not qualify for the 30-day visa-exempt: you must be able to show a ticket out in that period, however, the actual Thai immigration at swampy never ever asks for it-the airlines sometimes do. So arrange that visa beforehand-can all be done via that old-fashioned mail. Overtime fine is now 500 bt/day-an extension as daBoss mentions cost 1900 Bt. Passprt check are very, very rare when you just live a normal life.

paperboy
February 3rd, 2012, 18:44
hello everyone

Thanks for all the advise and help

I contacted my freind who gets my airline tickets
and she said she will contact the Thai Embassy in Madrid
on monday, and apply for my 60 day visa
I think play ot safe as you all said
and thanks to just me, for offering to take me to the imigration office.
Im not comming until may 17 so have plenty time.

thanks

paperboy