PDA

View Full Version : krungsri bank

ikarus
January 31st, 2012, 20:44
HSBC Thailand sold its retail operations to Krungsri bank and offer its customers to transfer their accounts over there.
Any experience with Krungsri bank and in particular with their privileged banking?

pong
February 1st, 2012, 08:03
The yellow bank is always named bank of Ayuttaya- though indeed officially it is Krung Sri [=holy town] of... Has a very good online banking system.

February 1st, 2012, 10:16
HSBC Thailand sold its retail operations to Krungsri bank and offer its customers to transfer their accounts over there.
Any experience with Krungsri bank and in particular with their privileged banking?

Wasn't HSBC the one with the off-shore accounts, much in favor by sailors, off-shore workers and others? What will happen with those accounts or is the off-shore business something different?

Thai Dyed
February 1st, 2012, 10:34
I think HSBC must be having very serious problems. They have sold a few hundred of their branches in the USA. Now also gone are their retail operations in Costa Rica and in BKK. They are currently trying to get someone to buy their operations in South Korea and Japan. This has caused me a lot of problems. I am going to close my account with them. I closed my account with Citibank back in 2007. Putting my money under my mattress is starting to look like a better option every day! I hope these bankster fuckers rot in hell. Sons of bitches... all of them.

February 1st, 2012, 13:39
Is it possible that HSBC as well as some other banks are trying to focus on the "home dominant" areas and get rid of small operations in other countries so as to cut losses?
Citibank I believe is USA dominant with Chase as well as HBSC isn't it a Netherlands or European bank? So I would assume their branches in other countries are more a convenience than a money maker.

February 1st, 2012, 16:35
Not sure if you're asking if HSBC is a European bank - but its full name is Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation!

:occasion9:

February 1st, 2012, 16:44
OK well I just remember that I used to go to Amsterdam and the name HSBC was on every airport jetway, so I just assumed it may have been something European.
well maybe they are still starting to bring their outlying baraches home and concentrate on that.

Thai Dyed
February 1st, 2012, 19:55
HSBC, Citibank, J. P. Morgan Chase, and Bank of America are the four top banks in the world according to Moody's.
http://tinyurl.com/3kb5376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None of them have allegiance to any country other than to quaintly say they are "based" here or there, mostly for the tax advantages. As Matt Taibbi correctly stated they are like giant vampire squid who have their blood funnels stuck in every orifice worldwide that they smell money. HSBC does indeed stand for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation where they were based.

ikarus
February 2nd, 2012, 10:32
Wasn't HSBC the one with the off-shore accounts, much in favor by sailors, off-shore workers and others? What will happen with those accounts or is the off-shore business something different?
They close all accounts including nonresidential ones. The bank provided excellent services to their offshore customers
unparallel to anything else in Thailand and will be missed by many. It is still probably the best bank providing global retail services but unfortunately rapidly shrinking its retail operations (which is a decision made by new bank leadership).

jinks
February 2nd, 2012, 12:49
HSBC = Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.

A British Bank, H.O. London. Traded as The Midland in the UK for many years.

lexusgs
February 2nd, 2012, 13:11
HSBC = Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.

A British Bank, H.O. London. Traded as The Midland in the UK for many years.

Thank fuck someone got it right! HSBC used to be based in Hong Kong. They moved to London as a base when the UK handed HK back to the Chinese in late 90's. Thay were shit scared
that the Chinese govt would over regulate them in HK so they moved to London. The majority of the top management team are British. As an aside they NEVER needed any bailout from
govts unlike some of the other wanker operations out there. The reason for the move out the Thai market is simple. They don't make any money here!!! There resources are better placed
elsewhere where they can compete on a level playing field.

February 2nd, 2012, 15:22
For once I WILL copy and paste!

HSBC (abbreviation origin: the "Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation") was founded in the former British colony of Hong Kong (in 3rd March 1865) and Shanghai (one month later) by Scotsman Sir Thomas Sutherland (1834тАУ1922)

HSBC Holdings plc established in 1990 became the parent company to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in preparation for its purchase of Midland Bank in the United Kingdom

There is no such thing these days as a "British Bank" - you guys are living 50 years ago - what we have nowadays are International Banks with Head Offices nominally based in various countries either for reasons of tradition or taxation.

lexusgs
February 2nd, 2012, 15:58
For once I WILL copy and paste!

HSBC (abbreviation origin: the "Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation") was founded in the former British colony of Hong Kong (in 3rd March 1865) and Shanghai (one month later) by Scotsman Sir Thomas Sutherland (1834тАУ1922)

HSBC Holdings plc established in 1990 became the parent company to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in preparation for its purchase of Midland Bank in the United Kingdom

There is no such thing these days as a "British Bank" - you guys are living 50 years ago - what we have nowadays are International Banks with Head Offices nominally based in various countries either for reasons of tradition or taxation.

Scotty,

I love you to bits mate but I'm not sure of your point?

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about. For all intents and purposes it's a British bank right now. Although they are mulling over returning to HK as an HQ/Base. I don't agree there are no British banks. Lloyds, Barclays, RBS ( which is a dogs breakfast) are all major international players. None of which would move from the UK as a base. I think you're getting confused in ya old age mate :hello2:

February 2nd, 2012, 16:18
My point is that HSBC existed outwith Britain for 160 years.

Then, for the explicit purchase of Midland Bank 160 years later, a UK Holding Company was formed - in fact HAD to be formed for the purchase to go through.

Does this make HSBC "British" or just an International Bank nominally headquarted in London?

Let's widen it - before it's purchase by HSBC, Midland Bank sold the Clydesdale Bank to the National Australia Bank.

Is the Clydesdale Bank (headquarted in Glasgow) a British Bank when it is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the National Australian Bank, or is it rather an International Bank nominally headquarted in Glasgow?

lexusgs
February 2nd, 2012, 20:23
My point is that HSBC existed outwith Britain for 160 years.

Then, for the explicit purchase of Midland Bank 160 years later, a UK Holding Company was formed - in fact HAD to be formed for the purchase to go through.

Does this make HSBC "British" or just an International Bank nominally headquarted in London?

Let's widen it - before it's purchase by HSBC, Midland Bank sold the Clydesdale Bank to the National Australia Bank.

Is the Clydesdale Bank (headquarted in Glasgow) a British Bank when it is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the National Australian Bank, or is it rather an International Bank nominally headquarted in Glasgow?

I'm still not getting you. Based on what you're stating Clydesdale I would say, are owned by NAB as is Yorkshire bank in the UK. HSBC and it's ultimate owner are both HQ 'd and based in the UK and pay British taxes on their biz operations. They clearly are a UK Bank. Can you give me an another example of a major global bank so I :happy7: can understand what you mean? I'm not being awkward just trying to understand your point.