PDA

View Full Version : Yensabai or Mosaik Condos for a holiday?

paulfort
January 29th, 2012, 20:25
I have normally stayed & enjoyed Cafe Royal when I visit Pattaya, but thought I might try an apartment for a change as looks a lot cheaper than the decent rooms at Cafe Royal. I am considering either Mosaik or Yensabi Condo's, for about 9 night late March after a few days in Bangkok, their prices look similar, like the advantage of the pool at Yenasbi but is it easy enough to take a Thai friend in to the pool?

How how would you compare them for....

Ease of bringing a Thai friend back with the security staff

Gay Friendliness

Walking to the Boyz town area

Comfort & cleanliness of the apartments etc

Also noticed that Mosaik charge extra for electricity and water, is that likely to add much cost?

If any one has any other good suggestions in that area would also welcome them?

Thanks for any help!

Manforallseasons
January 29th, 2012, 21:37
It is not a fair comparison as Mosaik is upscale and Yenasbi condo is very middle of the road. Mosaik also will give you a choice of a one bedroom or studio. The distance to Boystown is comprable and both are a few minutes from Sunee Plaza, one advantage Yesabi has is a pool, as for electricity I wouldn't worry too much as a 9 day stay will hardly brake the bank.
You will always find a vacancy in Yensabi, the same is not true in Mosaik, both are very Gay friendly. Yensabi insists on a valid ID card for your guest he must be 18 or above. Mosaik has unobtrusive security.

paulfort
January 30th, 2012, 05:14
Hi and thanks for the info...
The prices I can find for the two places do look similar to each other, would you therefore think Mosiak is the better option?

lonelywombat
January 30th, 2012, 05:36
You have 2 options with Yensabai, company owned condos or privately owned for rent when owner is away Most in Yensabai in my friends experiences were studios, and they preferred a separate bedroom area.

It is much more public in Yensabai and they have 200 condos all using the one foyer and same lifts. If you are quite comfortable sharing a lift etc with a straight guy with his girl, or married couples with kids, when you have your boy in tow, then the convenience and location make it worth while. BTW You can use the pools at Yensabai and in Sunee for a small daily fee.

I have had friends who have booked out of Yensabai as they are embarrassed waiting in line to give their boys ID to security, behind breeders doing the same with bar girls. Mosaik do not ask for ID's. There are 5 blocks with their own lifts. You do not go through a common foyer.

The area around Yensabai daytime is very quiet, but Mosaik is in the middle of shops, departments stores, restaurants and coffee shops. There are 7 massage within 100 yards. a supermarket in the basement of Tukcom and a really large one Friendship 300 yards away. Yensabai overlooks Sunee but is a long walk to Boyztown. Mosaik is roughly midway between Boyztown and Sunee.

Both Yensabai and Mosaik charge for cleaning, they are condos not hotels.

Manforallseasons
January 30th, 2012, 09:24

Yensabi is a condo, Mosaik is definately not a condo but rather serviced apartments, distance to Boystown from either is no big deal.

lonelywombat
January 30th, 2012, 10:03

Yensabai is a condo, Mosaik is definately not a condo but rather serviced apartments, distance to Boystown from either is no big deal.

Mosaik does not do daily servicing of your "apartment" unless you request it and pay extra.They do not make your bed, replace towels sheets, vacuam, empty rubbish tins, replace drinking water, supply toilet paper or toilet soap.
Whether it is an apartment or not and despite what they dont do,which is the same at Yensabai, I recommend Mosaik to all my friends or those that ask, without hesitation.

gerefan2
January 30th, 2012, 22:28
If you renta room at Yensabai Condo, thru Pattaya Rent a Room, they DO service the room once a week with clean bedding and towels etc.

newalaan
January 30th, 2012, 22:42
How how would you compare them for.... Ease of bringing a Thai friend back with the security staff..Gay Friendliness....Walking to the Boyz town area....Comfort & cleanliness of the apartments etc.....Also noticed that Mosaik charge extra for electricity and water, is that likely to add much cost? Can't give comparisons as i have never stayed at Yensabai, but Mosaik easily meets all your requirements, and it's about Bt1000 per week for electricity/water (and that is with having the aircon on alot) with a final Bt300 cleaning charge on check out. If you need cleaning during your stay, again it is Bt300, cleaning of sheets/towles is Bt115 each time, but there are numerous laundry shops around the Mosaik area.

Plenty of services, restaurants, massage facilities and of course tuk-com with supermarket on the Mosaik doorstep and it is an easy walk to both Sunee and Boyztown, but if you are not in the mood for walking to boyztown, songteaws can be had at the end of the Mosaik soi which will drop you right outside Boyztown for 10 baht.

francois
January 30th, 2012, 23:13
Ease of bringing a Thai friend back with the security staff
Thanks for any help!

A friend switched from Yensabi because of the hassle with security for his boyfriend. The bf hated the place.