PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo is open for business Very nice website

lonelywombat
January 28th, 2012, 12:30
Not sure how long this website has been around for, but heres hoping Flamingo returns to its previous popularity with the gay tourists.

Our address is 20/182 Soi Day-Night
South Pattaya Road
Pattaya City

Telephone: +66 (0) 38 427 161-3

Email info@flamingo-pattaya.com

http://www.flamingo-pattaya.com/
[attachment=1:2btvucc0]reception Flamingo.jpg[/attachment:2btvucc0]
[attachment=0:2btvucc0]flamingoreception 2.jpg[/attachment:2btvucc0]

newyorkgeorge
January 29th, 2012, 22:54
Well, very enticing? if it was that popular in the first place, why did it cease trading?

bucknaway
January 30th, 2012, 02:47
I use to like that place. I remember the first time I stayed there. I booked the room with 2 bathrooms but could not find the shower. It took me 20 minutes to realize the controls in plain view right there on the wall and that there was no separate area in the bathroom for the shower and the bathroom was considered a wet room.

Dodger
January 30th, 2012, 04:58
Brings back some great memories of my first holiday lodge in PTY...seems so long ago.

I can still envision Jaap standing next to the counter smiling as he greated me each night with boy...after boy...after boy...those were the days! The adjoining bar is what sparked "Motorbike Boy"...another memory which birngs a tear to my eye and a sudden and involuntary pulsing between my legs.

bucknaway
January 30th, 2012, 05:51
I remember you telling us about Motor Bike Boy. Once I heard of your adventure, I realized to also look for windows of opportunity and not concentrate solely on the open doors.

I think that also helped me to meet that police officer when I was in Chaing Mai.

Oh... The memories....

newalaan
January 30th, 2012, 06:52
Well, very enticing? if it was that popular in the first place, why did it cease trading?Well....Lonely didn't say it was THAT popular he merely said it was previously popular with gay customers for many years, then Mosaik was built and offered far better rooms at very competitive rates, the Flamingo really needed a refurbishment which obviously the owner at the time was reluctant to undertake and so over time lost much of it's repeat business to Mosaik and elsewhere.
Not sure how long this website has been around for, but heres hoping Flamingo returns to its previous popularity with the gay tourists.Thanks for the link Lonely. Just a few comments/comparisons regarding the Flamingo/Mosaik. I used to stay at the Flamingo about 3-4 times per year for a few years. The new 'refurbishment' comparing then to now (based on the pictures from the new website)are.......The rooms, beds, fitted wardrobes, fitted furniture looks exactly the same as years ago. The lounge seating seems to have been renewed, the curtains and bedsets have been renewed, according to the website the matrasses have been renewed. I can't see any difference in the bathrooms, they are 'wet rooms' with no partitions for toilet and shower. The actual shower, sink and toilet fittings look exactly as before. The TV's have been replaced with flatscreens.

As for the cost, the Flamingo suite at Bt1500 is roughly equivalent to Mosaik Deluxe one bedroom suite with balcony which is very spacious at (approx) Bt900(off peak) Bt1200(peak) including 1 off final clean and electricity/water. The differences between them (in my opinion), the Mosaik is much more modern and far better furnished and finished. The Mosaik bathroom is much better fitted with seperate shower area, but The Flamingo does have two separate shower rooms (as it is really 2 standard rooms with connecting door). The Flamingo has no kitchen area with cooking hob, sink, crockery/plates etc.. no microwave, no dining table/chairs. The Mosaik lounge has luxurious sofas/chairs, very comfortable, and the decor of Mosaik is far superior.

Even with the smaller Flamingo suite at Bt1200 I would still prefer Mosaik. The Mosaik costs above are based on my own experiences there, electricity cost is basically down to how often the aircon is on.

As other posters have mentioned The Flamingo with Jaap as manager was a great place to stay, he was one of the few foreigners who was worth spending some time with. Towards the end however, the rooms were getting very, very tired and in need of a total upgrade. The current partial refurbishment at the Flamingo probably hasn't gone far enough to compete with Mosaik.