PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Don Plaza for sale.

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2012, 11:01
On gaybuttons board yesterday, was a posting that the for sale sign has gone up on Hotel Don Plaza. From the time I tried to book a group in there years ago, to recently there was no sign that anybody was interested or cared about the hotel. Friends who did stay complained about the narrow staircase and having to carry their own bag upstairs. Just before Xmas I noticed the outside bar right next to Corner bar was starting to get a regular clientele and thought maybe a new manager.

I was asked to check out the menu and drink prices so had dinner there one night. It was nothing to get excited about.

Personally I thought the biggest mistake was the dark glass windows. It always looked like it was deserted. The night I went there I peered though the window to see if it was open. I saw a boy and a girl sitting there not even interested in coming forward to offer help.

Lets hope the Arabs dont step in and buy the place and do a deal with the Marina Inn to use/share the pool. It should go for a bargain price.

jolyjacktar
January 25th, 2012, 21:30
Thats a shame that another place is up for sale but like you too Lonelywombat i looked in the hotel a few years back and was not happy with the narrow steep stairs. The rooms seemed ok but wouldnt stay there myself. They could have done a better job when they were converting it to a hotel i think.

atri1666
January 25th, 2012, 23:23
They could have done a better job when they were converting it to a hotel i think.

You are right. They had the chance but i believe it was to expensive for the owner.