PDA

View Full Version : overkill police raid on girlie bar and gay bar

lonelywombat
January 25th, 2012, 10:01
Google alert carried this report today from Pattay People weekly and the size of the raiding party might be considered a little heavy handed Did not memtion the date or name of gay bar

cut and paste

Two Pubs Searched By Authorities
http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... icle=29713 (http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=29713)

On Saturday at 2 am, over 140 police officers plus officials from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau of the Royal Thai Police Region 2, the Human Trafficking Prevention and Suppression Department of Chonburi, the Chonburi Tourist Police and Banglamung Administration, etc under the supervision of the 2 Deputies Superintendent of Chonburi Provincial Police Station Pol. Col. Yong-yut Kon-dorg and Pol. Col. Pisit Proey-rung-rote, in assistance of Pattaya Police Superintendent Pol. Col. Nantawut Suwanlaong were dispatched from the front of the Pattaya Police Station to search 2 entertainment venues. The officers were looking for underage workers, prostitutes and illegal activities. The targeted venues were the Noir Pub located on PattayaтАЩs 3rd Road and a gay bar located in the same area.

At Noir Pub, the officers entered the premises as the music was playing and the customers were dancing. There were over 10 tables occupied at the club. Routine examinations were done, and 5 customers tested positive for drug use, but no underage workers were found.

At the targeted gay bar, 3 customers were apprehended for drug use, as their urine tests proved positive. Further legal proceedings continued.

gerefan2
January 25th, 2012, 15:52
might be considered a little heavy handed
Agreed...but then I suspect the word got out.

anonone
January 25th, 2012, 18:33
I assume these were Thai-forThai places? I don't recall falang customers being pee tested during these "raids" in Sunee, BT, etc.

francois
January 25th, 2012, 20:25
I assume these were Thai-forThai places? I don't recall falang customers being pee tested during these "raids" in Sunee, BT, etc.

Farang were tested for drugs during at least one past raid in Sunee. Photos were published of farang with their "cups" in hand.

latintopxxx
January 25th, 2012, 21:34
...not very polite to publish photos of farangs or anyone for that matter holding drug test paraphanalia...creates the impression of guilt...